Question For Section W

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Tiger-Gryphon
All Star

Re: Question For Section W

Post by Tiger-Gryphon » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:48 pm

I remember visiting Montreal in '74 when I was a kid. We went into Steinberg's department store and they had a mannequin fully dressed up in the new blue uniform and I was so impressed. I think it had the delta shaped logo in the centre of front above the face mask rather than on the sides. The red, green and white were the first ones I remember from my CFL cards (anyone still have any of those?) but the bleu, blanc et rouge made more sense.
From Webster's
ARGO (arg-oh) Def'n - 1) A Sailor boy on shore leave after an inordinately long sea voyage 2) to be intimate with a sheep or other assorted small animals 3) the sound of a love sick moose or someone who has eaten raw pork.

fishman
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Post by fishman » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:52 am

The delta logo was the one I most remember growing up. I thought it was excellent....and would like to see them use the stylized M & A Bird again, but drop the script underneath along with the triangular border around it.
ONCE AN ESKIMO - ALWAYS AN ESKIMO! :edm:

"The Eskimos. Well? What can you say? They are CFL gods." - greycupgarry

SectionW
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Right in front of the Beerlin Wall, next to the Kaiser

Post by SectionW » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:38 pm

The 70's uni are not that far off from the current uniforms, i really liked the winged helmet from the early years of the Als. If it was up to me that would be their helmet and logo, keeping the current Jersey, personnaly i don't like our current logo. the wings on the helmets ar ebest, then the 70 bird logo, then the 71+ triangle logo.
May the Cahoon be with you.
Montreal Alouettes Fan Site

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:57 pm

The Als 60's look was outstanding along with the BC Lions. Both teams paid attention to detail & it showed. Calgary was just plain ugly & the worst of last year's team with Winnipeg a close second. Our ownership group out here seems to love those gawd awful gold pants. Even though they never were a part of the Stamps look after 1963, we see them all the time. I'm sure the Stamps will try to work them in somehow to the 70's look. :puke:
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:12 am

iso_55 wrote:The Als 60's look was outstanding along with the BC Lions. Both teams paid attention to detail & it showed. Calgary was just plain ugly & the worst of last year's team with Winnipeg a close second. Our ownership group out here seems to love those gawd awful gold pants. Even though they never were a part of the Stamps look after 1963, we see them all the time. I'm sure the Stamps will try to work them in somehow to the 70's look. :puke:
Gold and black should never be a part of the Calgary uniforms IMO. I really wish they would stick with what the Stamps wore from about the mid 1960s to the mid 1980s.
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

fishman
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Post by fishman » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:58 am

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh wrote: Gold and black should never be a part of the Calgary uniforms IMO. I really wish they would stick with what the Stamps wore from about the mid 1960s to the mid 1980s.
Even and including their foray into blending gray into their pants and uni's?
ONCE AN ESKIMO - ALWAYS AN ESKIMO! :edm:

"The Eskimos. Well? What can you say? They are CFL gods." - greycupgarry

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:19 am

fishman wrote:
Ravi Ramkissoonsingh wrote: Gold and black should never be a part of the Calgary uniforms IMO. I really wish they would stick with what the Stamps wore from about the mid 1960s to the mid 1980s.
I didn't mind the gray at all. The black and gold, on the other hand, have no business being in their uniforms but that is only how I feel. What do the Calgary fans think?
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 pm

fishman wrote:
Yeah, the Stamps had that grey look for awhile mid to late 80's but it wasn't ghastly like the gold pants.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh wrote:
fishman wrote:
I didn't mind the gray at all. The black and gold, on the other hand, have no business being in their uniforms but that is only how I feel. What do the Calgary fans think?
I agree Ravi. You are right. Be the same if the Argos wore black. Just doesn't fit the tradition.