Bombers vs Ti-Cats

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Bombers vs Ti-Cats

Post by hfxbomberfan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:36 am

Awesome game last night. The home-town crowd were really treated to a crowd pleaser last night. :yahoo:

The Winnipeg defense sure shut down the Ti-Cats Offense effectively. Did Bruce even get his hands on the ball ? :cool:

Pierce looked very smart out there on the field. Sure looks like a "new" Buck Pierce to me. Why take the hit and scramble your head ? Way to go Buck.......The "Flutie" slide looks good on you ! :beer: :D :yahoo:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

iso_55
Legend

Re: Bombers vs Ti-Cats

Post by iso_55 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:28 pm

I don't even like the attitude of find the first down marker & get out of bounds. If Pirece can go then go... But if a linebacker is closing then slide.... I say, let the backs & receivers take the hits... Be happy with three yards Buck instead of trying to get 10 & being hurt.
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:29 pm

I don't even like the attitude of find the first down marker & get out of bounds. If Pierce can go then go... But if a linebacker is closing... then slide.... I say, let the backs & receivers take the hits... Be happy with three yards Buck instead of trying to get 10 & getting hurt.
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

LRCHC
Superstar
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Post by LRCHC » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Yeah - great game for the bombers, who now find themselves all alone in first place as all the other three have losses. And next week (Saturday) they should be two and zero once they paste the Argos. Though I hope they don't into that game thinking all they need to do is show up win. That ain't no Count Bartula team their playing and I know Jimbo will have the Argos ready to play.

Now for the coup de gras - looking forward to seeing Lenny Walls in Green and Gold tomorrow night, and watching Casey Printers throwing 5 interceptions as the Eskies lay the biggest beating of the week on the hapless Lions.

BB_Blitz
Legend

Post by BB_Blitz » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:47 am

I think the Bombers have a good shot at winning the Grey Cup this year. They now have lots of QB depth and a coach who doesn't have his head stuck up his arse... :cowboy:
Welcome to SWAGGERVILLE !!!
You only get a once in a lifetime opportunity so many times.

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:11 am

BB_Blitz wrote:I think the Bombers have a good shot at winning the Grey Cup this year. They now have lots of QB depth and a coach who doesn't have his head stuck up his arse... :cowboy:
All this off 2 scored TD's from the Offense? Granted, after last year that must be like paradise to Bomber fans. :cowboy:

How much credit do you give truly poor Ticat play? True, the Bombers got the win, but they surely had help from the Tabbies. They simply weren't prepared for an aggressive Bomber D.
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

BlueTitan
Superstar

Post by BlueTitan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:38 am

ArgoDave wrote:
BB_Blitz wrote:I think the Bombers have a good shot at winning the Grey Cup this year. They now have lots of QB depth and a coach who doesn't have his head stuck up his arse... :cowboy:
All this off 2 scored TD's from the Offense? Granted, after last year that must be like paradise to Bomber fans. :cowboy:

How much credit do you give truly poor Ticat play? True, the Bombers got the win, but they surely had help from the Tabbies. They simply weren't prepared for an aggressive Bomber D.
Or, 4 TD scored from the offense.

One rushing TD from Pierce. Two passing TD's from Piece to Edwards. ans, Another rushing TD for Jyles.

BB_Blitz
Legend

Post by BB_Blitz » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:43 am

ArgoDave wrote:

Should be an easy 2 points for us this week. :D

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:30 pm

BlueTitan wrote:

One rushing TD from Pierce. Two passing TD's from Piece to Edwards. ans, Another rushing TD for Jyles.
Ok, my mistake, a SUN article said it was 2. I only caught half the game, watching the Cats self destruct wasn't worth the time. In all honesty it's undeniable the Cats did themselves no favours and the Blue plenty.

Still tho, predicting a GC win off that kind of win is just stupid. Right Gordo? :cowboy:

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:12 pm

LRCHC wrote:Now for the coup de gras - looking forward to seeing Lenny Walls in Green and Gold tomorrow night, and watching Casey Printers throwing 5 interceptions as the Eskies lay the biggest beating of the week on the hapless Lions.
Just a bit off with that prediction.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

BB_Blitz
Legend

Post by BB_Blitz » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:36 pm

ArgoDave wrote:
BlueTitan wrote:

Ok, my mistake, a SUN article said it was 2. I only caught half the game, watching the Cats self destruct wasn't worth the time. In all honesty it's undeniable the Cats did themselves no favours and the Blue plenty.

Still tho, predicting a GC win off that kind of win is just stupid. Right Gordo? :cowboy:
I said they have a good shot at winning the Grey Cup. :cross: :cowboy:

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:08 am

BB_Blitz wrote:
ArgoDave wrote:Still tho, predicting a GC win off that kind of win is just stupid. Right Gordo? :cowboy:
Based on one lopsided win over a team clearly struggling? Either you're doing your usual troll act to stir up comments or you have truly deluded yourself. You're forgetting your teams history of the last few years when a good start didn't mean diddly squat at the end of the year. Now if you said they had a good chance of securing a playoff berth I'd agree with you, but until you beat Sask or Montreal I'd be careful with over the top predictions as they are too easy to shoot down. :cool:

Still 17 weeks to go and I'd be amazed if Buck lasts the whole season...has he ever?

BB_Blitz
Legend

Post by BB_Blitz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:13 pm

ArgoDave wrote:
BB_Blitz wrote:
ArgoDave wrote:Still tho, predicting a GC win off that kind of win is just stupid. Right Gordo? :cowboy:
Based on one lopsided win over a team clearly struggling? Either you're doing your usual troll act to stir up comments or you have truly deluded yourself. You're forgetting your teams history of the last few years when a good start didn't mean diddly squat at the end of the year. Now if you said they had a good chance of securing a playoff berth I'd agree with you, but until you beat Sask or Montreal I'd be careful with over the top predictions as they are too easy to shoot down. :cool:

Still 17 weeks to go and I'd be amazed if Buck lasts the whole season...has he ever?
Just because we kicked their butt doesn't mean they're a struggling team. Before this game everybody was picking the Cats to challenge the Als for first. Even if Bucko goes down Jyles or Brink can do the job. This team will be a solid contender for the Grey Cup. :cowboy:

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:15 pm

BB_Blitz wrote: Just because we kicked their butt doesn't mean they're a struggling team.
No, their on-field performance confirmed it. Show me 1 Cat fan who thought that was the best the Cats will ever be this year. They looked like they thought they were still in the Preseason. Where they lost to the Argos.
BB_Blitz wrote: Before this game everybody was picking the Cats to challenge the Als for first.
Only because last couple of years the Argos and Bombers have sucked challenging for 2nd place. But as many Bombers fans elsewhere have pointed out the Cats last year barely kept ahead of the Mike Kelly/Bishop led Bombers, so how good were they really? They didn't even make it to the Final. The Bombers self destructing gave the Cats the playoffs. Last years Cats even lost to the Argos.
BB_Blitz wrote: Even if Bucko goes down Jyles or Brink can do the job. This team will be a solid contender for the Grey Cup. :cowboy:
Ah yes, your yearly Kiss Of Death prediction. Thanx Gord. :D :beer: :yahoo: :thup: :tease:

LRCHC
Superstar
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Post by LRCHC » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:10 pm

argolio wrote:
LRCHC wrote:Now for the coup de gras - looking forward to seeing Lenny Walls in Green and Gold tomorrow night, and watching Casey Printers throwing 5 interceptions as the Eskies lay the biggest beating of the week on the hapless Lions.
Just a bit off with that prediction.
LMAO - you got that right. If I switched the team names and subbed Ray for Printers I would have been a lot closer. A couple more games like that and I'll switch back to being a bomber fan again :wink: