Toronto/WPg post game thread

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Superstar
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Toronto/WPg post game thread

Postby LRCHC » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Wow - what a difference a year makes!!!

First off, congrats to the Argo's and their fans - as I thought (though not this quick) your suffering is over. A real coach, a real QB (and you watch - Lemon will only get better and better). Very well played and you kept coming back and did it on all three facets of the game. Excellent win :thup:

Bomber fans - hold your heads up. Pierce had another great game, defense had some key injuries and you have a severe handicap in Serna.

But I think back to last year, quite possibly the worst game I've seen played at the pro level when Toronto beat Wpg in Wpg with Stefan (see ya and don't come back) Lefors finding ways to let a truly atrocious Toronto team beat them.

Flash forward to this year and all I saw was players on both sides making plays and competing. Already this year I've seen more entertaining games then I have all of last year. Remember? I was bitching and moaning about how bad the play was (mostly from Toronto and Wpg but Edmonton and BC and at times Calgary were equally as pathetic). So far this year only Edmonton (figures) has been mickey mouse. Every other team has played well and all teams (again save Edmonton) look very well coached.

Looking forward to a real exciting year - maybe we shouldn't be so quick to anoint Montreal with the East title.

I just hope this forum spices up soon. :wink:

Legend
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Re: Toronto/WPg post game thread

Postby BB_Blitz » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:23 am

It sucks to lose but it was a very entertaining game. What a difference compared to Ol' Baldy's team from last year. :cowboy:

We can't keep allowing these kick return TDs. :?

Bucko is a one man wrecking crew. He reminds me of Dunnigan in so many ways. Hope he can find a way to stay healthy because we need his leadership. :cross:

As for the Argos, I had a plate of crow last night and woke up with a few feathers stuck in my teeth. Although it's only one solid performance, Lemon looks like he can play. I hate to see the Bombers lose to anybody but for the good of the CFL the Argos have to get competitive again too so it's not all bad. This might be the start of something good for the Argos and their fans. :thup: See if they can carry that momentum into their next game.

I don't think it's going to be a walk in the park for the Als this year. Looks like there will parity in the whole league and that makes for some great football games. :thup:

:cowboy: :beer:
Welcome to SWAGGERVILLE !!!
You only get a once in a lifetime opportunity so many times.

2014 MVP

Postby Solar Max » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:19 pm

It is my humble opinion that the Lions had a better qb in Pierce than the one they have now, it's just that the Offensive Line had protection issues due to the wrong personnel being there.

Pierce will continue to be the leader of that Offence in Winnipeg, and will continue to deliver. The loss last night was not on his shoulders.
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

All Star

Postby AGENT-784 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:33 pm

The Bombers and the Argos are already better than they both were last year simply because of their coaching changes. The changes at quarterback will take some time into the season to see what both teams really have.

It's apparent that Buck Pierce only knows three things...heart, guts, and determination. Bombers fans have got to know that Pierce can't realistically rush downfield the way he has in the first two games, because that's gonna empty his tank sooner than later. The Bombers already have the running game that can keep the defense honest, and keep hits to the QB at a minimum. Here's hoping the Bombers find ways to keep Buck in an upright position all year, and if they do, the East will not be a one-horse race.

As for Cleo Lemon, it's all a matter of confidence. The Argos right away need to get the most out of the people around their new QB while he learns the CFL. As long as his receivers run the right routes, and Lemon can read and react, and deliver the ball on time, he will be better as the season goes on. But then again, he has no choice, given that the Argos have no experience at QB to begin with. Lemon will rely on the coaches to help him avoid being overwhelmed in the early part of this season, then it will be up to him to show what kind of leader the Argos may or may not have midway through the season.
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

Legend
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Postby ArgoDave » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:09 pm

BB_Blitz wrote: As for the Argos, I had a plate of crow last night and woke up with a few feathers stuck in my teeth.

I hope you used some Heinz Gord, it would taste better. :beauty:

Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

Hall of Famer

Postby larz-7 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:52 pm

blitz no matter what you put on crow it tastes the same .it was nice to finally watch the argos win and it was a pretty good game to watch. argos still need lots of work and the bummers need buck to stay healthy
humans are the only creatures on this planet that let their children back in after they leave home )B Cosby

Legend
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Postby ArgoDave » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:05 am

larz-7 wrote:blitz no matter what you put on crow it tastes the same .it was nice to finally watch the argos win and it was a pretty good game to watch. argos still need lots of work and the bummers need buck to stay healthy

4 of our last 8 wins have been over the Bumblers. :good:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

Return to Canadian Professional Football