Congratulations Montreal

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

iso_55
Legend

Congratulations Montreal

Post by iso_55 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:55 am

Your football stadium has been absolutely transformed. It looks like a jewel now with the completed renovations & additional seats. Looked outstanding on television. You guys must be proud!! Hopefully there is room to add an upper deck to the other grandstand in a few years to increase capacity by another 3-5,000 people.
What a difference from 1997 when it had a tree growing out of the grandstand & it was in such bad shape. Nice job!! Football in Montreal looked gloomy back then 13 years ago. Look at things now!! :beauty:
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

Alswin
Champion
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Re: Congratulations Montreal

Post by Alswin » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:54 am

I was at the game and it looks even better in person. Just walking up to the stadium, it looks so much bigger on the South side and really fits in nicely with the surroundings. There are now black iron gates at the main entrance on the East side with a wide red carpet leading up to it. Also has a little history area about Molson Stadium and a builder's wall made up of bricks personalized by fans. My seats are in the lower deck of the South side and the upper deck now hangs over just above my seats. Went up to check out the view and I'm jealous my seats aren't up there. The best part is the conssesion stands behind the upper deck with a beautiful view of downtown.

Cool
Superstar
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Cool » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:14 am

For sure... I have been a Big Owe supporter, but Molson/McGill has had made me do a 180 after going to my first game there two years ago. I already have tickets for the last regular season game on Nov 7 against the Argos. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

:fb:

SectionW
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Right in front of the Beerlin Wall, next to the Kaiser

Post by SectionW » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Well said ISO, they did an incredible job, it feels and looks like the perfect little stadium, it has character and incredible view of the game.
May the Cahoon be with you.
Montreal Alouettes Fan Site

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:55 pm

SectionW wrote:Well said ISO, they did an incredible job, it feels and looks like the perfect little stadium, it has character and incredible view of the game.
Is their room to expand (upper deck) on the other side of the field within the next 10 years, you think?
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.