Cgy - Wpg game

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

RLeb
Rookie

Cgy - Wpg game

Post by RLeb » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:24 pm

Great game... but man, Jyles really threw away (literally) the Winnipeg comeback. He could have waited and got at least another 1st down instead of non-stop long bombs to the end zone. There was plenty of time!
“All of life’s problems can be solved with two things—duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn’t, you need duct tape. And if it doesn’t move and it should, you need WD40.”
—Unknown

BlueTitan
Superstar

Re: Cgy - Wpg game

Post by BlueTitan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:36 pm

He may have. But, could someone please explain to me, why (as GS mentioned on TSN) is it that a TD can be reviewed. But, a field goal can't? :?

The CFL has some of the most ridiculous rules in sports. But, this would have to be number one on that list. :roll:

Lerriuqs
Legend

Post by Lerriuqs » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:53 pm

BlueTitan wrote:He may have. But, could someone please explain to me, why (as GS mentioned on TSN) is it that a TD can be reviewed. But, a field goal can't? :?

The CFL has some of the most ridiculous rules in sports. But, this would have to be number one on that list. :roll:
The NFL had the same rule in place for their instant replay and just changed it for the upcoming season I believe after it affected a game last season. Blaming this on the CFL is a bit premature.

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:50 pm

Lerriuqs wrote:
BlueTitan wrote:He may have. But, could someone please explain to me, why (as GS mentioned on TSN) is it that a TD can be reviewed. But, a field goal can't? :?

The NFL had the same rule in place for their instant replay and just changed it for the upcoming season I believe after it affected a game last season. Blaming this on the CFL is a bit premature.
Furthermore, the official underneath the upright has the best view of any FG attempt. If he says that it was good, there is little reason to doubt him.
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Nik Lewis beat the Bombers...the zebra under the upright simply made a homer call that could have gone either way...sort of reminded me of Ray Alexander in the 1994 Grey Cup.
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

Lerriuqs
Legend

Post by Lerriuqs » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:44 pm

AGENT-784 wrote:Nik Lewis beat the Bombers...the zebra under the upright simply made a homer call that could have gone either way...sort of reminded me of Ray Alexander in the 1994 Grey Cup.
What "homer call"? Are you insinuating that the ref was a Calgary fan? You do realize that the officials are from all over Canada and very few are from the local community in these games right??

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Lerriuqs wrote:
AGENT-784 wrote:Nik Lewis beat the Bombers...the zebra under the upright simply made a homer call that could have gone either way...sort of reminded me of Ray Alexander in the 1994 Grey Cup.
What "homer call"? Are you insinuating that the ref was a Calgary fan? You do realize that the officials are from all over Canada and very few are from the local community in these games right??
It appeared to me that the ball sailed over the upright...and, as I already said, the call could have gone either way...it went Calgary's way, who just happened to be the home team...Nobody has to be a fan of anybody in a case where the home team got a 50-50 call...nothing more, nothing less.
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.