What Has Happened To This Place?

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5559
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 8:58 am
Location: Toronto

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by cossack » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:06 pm

iso_55 wrote:
cossack wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
Solar Max wrote:That particular Mod caused grief for other Mods too, if it's any consolation iso.

We were here to represent our teams' posters; perhaps he was a tad vehement about his.
Vehement? The mod was wacked. A nutcase. Threats by PM. Imagine getting a PM, opening it & the message is he's going to get me. Make sure I get permanently banned from here. He says he's going to make my life miserable. For what? Because he says he can. Because I posted too much. And I didn't like his team. Jerk. (I'm being nice). Glad you know who I'm referring to, Solar.
I have no idea who you're referring to. Though I do remember that you threatened to punch out Greycupgarry, so quit playing the victim. You have repeated the same post for 7 pages in this thread. Get over it already. How do you expect to get any respect on this site when you refer to the posters and mods of 13thman as morons?
Respect? Coming from some people here... that word is a joke. Respect goes both ways. It's earned not handed out because somebody has more power than others here. It is really saying something when a site gets down to members talking about physical altercations with each other, isn't it? When a member gets harassed to that point & frustrations boil over.
You are conveniently forgetting... Garry said a bunch of insulting things to me. I said in an angry response that he'd never have the courage to say those things to me in person because I'd slap him... not punch him out. So, get your facts straight.
I wasn't challenging him to a fight. I was just making a point that we all get real brave sitting in front of our computers saying things that we would never dare say to somebody's face in person because we'd get slapped. Or worse. He admitted that was true by the way as we corresponded afterwards when we both calmed down. We had worked things out between us although I'd never consider him a friend here.
I am not proud of what I said but at the same time, he had no right to insult me. Nobody has that right. If I could take it all back, I would. I felt absolutely terrible when GCG passed away & I have regrets over what happened between us. Even though we patched things up, I am still very sorry that skirmish occurred. Which I have also said on this site that you conveniently also forget to mention.
Another thing, cossack... From all the comments, I'm not the only one who feels like I do. I'm not the only one playing "victim" here. So, you can say whatever you want because now I know what I say are facts backed up by others. If you think *poop* like that doesn't drive people away then you are clueless.
Seriously ISO get over it. What's past is past. Make peace with it like you did with Greycupgarry, and discuss something football related. I believe everyone understands your point by now.
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!

User avatar
iso_55
Legend
Posts: 23849
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:06 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by iso_55 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:08 pm

I hope so, too. Perhaps one day people will migrate back here. We'll see.
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

User avatar
prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:04 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Location: Vancouver

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by prairiedog » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Solar Max wrote:That particular Mod caused grief for other Mods too, if it's any consolation iso.

We were here to represent our teams' posters; perhaps he was a tad vehement about his.
I have absolutely no idea who that mod was.

I'll also say that further to what Solar has said about representing team's posters, I'll second that, but I'll add that I have always seen it as my responsibility to keep my team's posters in line so to speak, and I have done so on more than one occasion.

I'll also say that if you assert that it's only a small group of bad apple mods, I'll say that most of the bad apple posters and big trouble makers that we've had over the years are STILL allowed to post here which is a testament to our LENIANCY and good nature.
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

User avatar
FootbalYouBet
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7994
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:49 am
Location: TELUS SUCKS COUNTRY

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by FootbalYouBet » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:21 pm

prairiedog wrote: I'll say that most of the bad apple posters and big trouble makers that we've had over the years are STILL allowed to post here which is a testament to our LENIANCY and good nature.
I dunno. I still think the glass is half empty.
Don't confuse me with facts

User avatar
prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:04 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Location: Vancouver

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by prairiedog » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:49 pm

FootbalYouBet wrote:
prairiedog wrote: I'll say that most of the bad apple posters and big trouble makers that we've had over the years are STILL allowed to post here which is a testament to our LENIANCY and good nature.
I dunno. I still think the glass is half empty.
Well then who have we kicked out that we shouldn't have?
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

User avatar
FootbalYouBet
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7994
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:49 am
Location: TELUS SUCKS COUNTRY

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by FootbalYouBet » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:09 pm

prairiedog wrote:
FootbalYouBet wrote:
prairiedog wrote: I'll say that most of the bad apple posters and big trouble makers that we've had over the years are STILL allowed to post here which is a testament to our LENIANCY and good nature.
I dunno. I still think the glass is half empty.
Well then who have we kicked out that we shouldn't have?
well, I got banned for a yr when I shouldnt have, but thats water under the bridge. My point was that its not a good thing that some of the bad apple MODs are still mods. However, one learns to live with these things. I cant remember what mods I had major issue with, so as far as I am concerned, It is again all water under the bridge.
Don't confuse me with facts

User avatar
prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:04 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Location: Vancouver

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by prairiedog » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:14 pm

FootbalYouBet wrote:I cant remember what mods I had major issue with, so as far as I am concerned, It is again all water under the bridge.
:shrug:
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

User avatar
BB_Blitz
Legend
Posts: 11469
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:23 pm
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Location: SWAGGERVILLE

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by BB_Blitz » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:23 pm

iso_55 wrote:I hope so, too. Perhaps one day people will migrate back here. We'll see.
Not everybody's a forum junkie like you ISO. I think you may need therapy my friend....lol. To me it was just a phase in life. I've moved on to other things and I'm sure others have too otherwise they'd be here. I hold no grudges towards anybody. JMO... :cowboy:
Welcome to SWAGGERVILLE !!!
You only get a once in a lifetime opportunity so many times.

User avatar
iso_55
Legend
Posts: 23849
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:06 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by iso_55 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 pm

BB_Blitz wrote:
iso_55 wrote:I hope so, too. Perhaps one day people will migrate back here. We'll see.
Not everybody's a forum junkie like you ISO. I think you may need therapy my friend....lol. To me it was just a phase in life. I've moved on to other things and I'm sure others have too otherwise they'd be here. I hold no grudges towards anybody. JMO... :cowboy:
That's a funny line... But I see you are still posting. As there are 8 pages of messages then maybe we all need therapy, who knows? ;)
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

User avatar
BB_Blitz
Legend
Posts: 11469
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:23 pm
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Location: SWAGGERVILLE

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by BB_Blitz » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:20 am

iso_55 wrote:
BB_Blitz wrote:
iso_55 wrote:I hope so, too. Perhaps one day people will migrate back here. We'll see.
Not everybody's a forum junkie like you ISO. I think you may need therapy my friend....lol. To me it was just a phase in life. I've moved on to other things and I'm sure others have too otherwise they'd be here. I hold no grudges towards anybody. JMO... :cowboy:
That's a funny line... But I see you are still posting. As there are 8 pages of messages then maybe we all need therapy, who knows? ;)
I'll post here maybe 10 -20 times a year now. I've been cured. :yahoo: :cowboy:
Welcome to SWAGGERVILLE !!!
You only get a once in a lifetime opportunity so many times.

User avatar
fishman
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 10156
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:49 pm
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos
Location: closer than you may think
Contact:

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by fishman » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:18 am

FootbalYouBet wrote: well, I got banned for a yr when I shouldnt have, but thats water under the bridge. My point was that its not a good thing that some of the bad apple MODs are still mods. However, one learns to live with these things. I cant remember what mods I had major issue with, so as far as I am concerned, It is again all water under the bridge.
Perhaps my memory is fuzzy as well, but didn't you get your ban FYB for something you did on Lionbackers?

Bans from either of D's site have always carried over to the other.
ONCE AN ESKIMO - ALWAYS AN ESKIMO! :edm:

"The Eskimos. Well? What can you say? They are CFL gods." - greycupgarry

User avatar
Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5145
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:33 am
Favourite Team: Ottawa
Location: South Side

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by Glenegade » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:01 pm

iso_55 wrote:Looks like some of the the mods finally got their way here. They didn't like people posting & wrongly accusing people of ruunning their numbers up. They ran off some & excluded others. If you weren't part of the "In Crowd" you were a mod target.
Ya I know! That's why I stopped coming here, cuz of the mods
Undefeated So Far In 2006!

User avatar
FootbalYouBet
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7994
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:49 am
Location: TELUS SUCKS COUNTRY

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by FootbalYouBet » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:19 pm

fishman wrote:
FootbalYouBet wrote: well, I got banned for a yr when I shouldnt have, but thats water under the bridge. My point was that its not a good thing that some of the bad apple MODs are still mods. However, one learns to live with these things. I cant remember what mods I had major issue with, so as far as I am concerned, It is again all water under the bridge.
Perhaps my memory is fuzzy as well, but didn't you get your ban FYB for something you did on Lionbackers?

Bans from either of D's site have always carried over to the other.
nope. never been banned from lionbackers.
Don't confuse me with facts

User avatar
ArgoDave
Legend
Posts: 19472
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:04 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Contact:

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by ArgoDave » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:33 pm

BB_Blitz wrote:ArgoDave.... please make a new sig... lol. :cool:
Oh my the Bombers are winning and Blitzie is back....lol...OK I'll change the sig. :wink:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

User avatar
ArgoDave
Legend
Posts: 19472
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:04 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Contact:

Re: What Has Happened To This Place?

Post by ArgoDave » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:49 pm

Sellers wrote:This thread just made me sad. This place used to be a blast and I haven't checked it out in like 6 months. I miss AD, Tigger, D and especially Ritch. Sigh . ..
Yeah, guys like you, BBBob, BBBlitz, Wendy, B-17 and a couple of others were good Bomber fans and not headcase nutjobs like who dominate OB.
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 1 guest