The league has turned upside down..kinda...

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Post Reply
User avatar
argonaut11xx
Starter
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:22 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

The league has turned upside down..kinda...

Post by argonaut11xx » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:02 am

Wow...Buck and the bombers look like they are the real deal...each week getting more confident...

The Al's are still tough, and obviously have the best coach/preperation going into each game...

Which Ti-cat team is going to show up?...not sold on Kevin Glenn...he had a "Lemon" of a second half against the Stamps...

The Argo's...oh my...coaching has been a disaster...defence not so great...im not sure the offence would be any good if they had a top notch QB...Lemon is improving, but he has no weapons....

Overall...the east is still up for grabs...things always seem to change...momentum is KEY after labour day....

Edmonton is an improving team, but losing your top pass catcher is going be be a massive blow to their offence..

Calgary is strong, and once they get their *poop* together they will be a force in the playoff's

BC is not as bad as their record...and Saskatchewan is the WORST team in the league right now, and falling lower week by week

The west is up for grabs, once playoff time rolls around. IF BC sneaks in they have a shot, as do the Stamps, and Eskie's...the green team is TOAST this year...too many problems

User avatar
cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5559
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 8:58 am
Location: Toronto

Re: The league has turned upside down..kinda...

Post by cossack » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:15 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:Wow...Buck and the bombers look like they are the real deal...each week getting more confident...

The Al's are still tough, and obviously have the best coach/preperation going into each game...

Which Ti-cat team is going to show up?...not sold on Kevin Glenn...he had a "Lemon" of a second half against the Stamps...

The Argo's...oh my...coaching has been a disaster...defence not so great...im not sure the offence would be any good if they had a top notch QB...Lemon is improving, but he has no weapons....

Overall...the east is still up for grabs...things always seem to change...momentum is KEY after labour day....

Edmonton is an improving team, but losing your top pass catcher is going be be a massive blow to their offence..

Calgary is strong, and once they get their *poop* together they will be a force in the playoff's

BC is not as bad as their record...and Saskatchewan is the WORST team in the league right now, and falling lower week by week

The west is up for grabs, once playoff time rolls around. IF BC sneaks in they have a shot, as do the Stamps, and Eskie's...the green team is TOAST this year...too many problems
Gotta agree with those astute ovservations :thup: My 2 cents:

The Peg is definitely for real this year. And for those who keep waiting for Buck to go down, ask yourselves this, would your QB be able to take the pounding that Buck has and still be standing? I'm predicting that Buck will be nicked up but will not miss any significant playing time this year. He's one tough S.O.B. And with the type of support that Winnipeg fans have shown before the season even started, they deserve everything that their team has given them so far. :beauty:

As good as the Als have been for so long, they can actually be beaten this year. It's not easy but it is possible. That's the first time that has been true in a long while. As for Trestman, Why is it that he can assemble a staff with virtually no CFL experience and have the best coached team in the league? I don't recall anybody ever pulling this off successfully before. Does anybody else see the similarities between him and Marv Levy?

The Ticats will go only as far as Kevin Glenn takes them. He may have thrown for over 5,000 yards last season, but he needs to prove that he is playoff calibre quarterback. If he doesn't do it this year, I can see him being phased out next season. He needs to be mentally and physically tougher to take the next step.

I think that we'll see a different Argo team once Jyles comes off the 9 game IR. There are whispers that Barker is losing the room.A couple of wins would go a long way to stemming that. Great move to put Stenauer in charge of the D. Smart capable guy that the players respect and will play hard for. Pick a number of years between two and five as to how long until Mike O'Shea becomes a head coach. I also see the Argos making a big push for Andy Fantuz when he becomes a free agent at the end of this season.

Edmonton started like a house on fire. I'll wait to see them play a full season before I fully believe that Kavis Reed is a great head coach. I see them as a .500 team the rest of the way. My vote for MOP so far in 2011 would be for Fred Stamps.

Calgary is starting to put it together. My question is why didn't they come out of the gate galloping full speed? Something's not the same in Cowtown, just can't put my finger on it. That said I believe that they will still be playing come the last week of November

Saskatchewan fans are waiting for the imminent return of Andy Fatuz. He'll help, but the Rider problems go deeper than just the return of 1 player. Greg Marshall waited for years to become a head coach. The old saying comes to mind: Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. Can't think of another person in the CFL with more day to day stress than Marshall must be experiencing right now. Even Rupert Murdoch is glad he's not in Greg Marshall's shoes.

BC has had an ugly start to the season but didn't hit the panic button. The addition of a very determined Arland Reth III will pay huge dividends for BC in the second half of the season. Of the 3 1-5 teams, I would pick BC to make the biggest improvement and grab a playoff spot.

As for the playoffs, this could be the best set of games we've seen in quite some time. Will the new upstarts come up big, or will the old favorites persevere? Either way we're in for a hell of a finish to 2011. :beer:
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!

User avatar
Cool
Superstar
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:32 pm
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Ajax

Re: The league has turned upside down..kinda...

Post by Cool » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:00 pm

argonaut11xx wrote: The Argo's...oh my...coaching has been a disaster...defence not so great...im not sure the offence would be any good if they had a top notch QB...Lemon is improving, but he has no weapons....
Is the rah-rah message starting to fade?
102

User avatar
BB_Blitz
Legend
Posts: 11469
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:23 pm
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Location: SWAGGERVILLE

Re: The league has turned upside down..kinda...

Post by BB_Blitz » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:43 am

cossack wrote:The Peg is definitely for real this year. And for those who keep waiting for Buck to go down, ask yourselves this, would your QB be able to take the pounding that Buck has and still be standing?
cossack wrote:The Ticats will go only as far as Kevin Glenn takes them. He may have thrown for over 5,000 yards last season, but he needs to prove that he is playoff calibre quarterback. If he doesn't do it this year, I can see him being phased out next season. He needs to be mentally and physically tougher to take the next step.

The Bombers were hesitant on signing Buck mostly because of his concussion history. He's taken more big shots to the head this year than any other QB and keeps getting back up. He's not the most talented QB in the league but we all love him out here. Warrior, tough, grit and heart = BUCK PIERCE. As talented as Glenn is those are the intangibles that were missing from his game when he was here. Buck's game is just starting to come together so sure would be great to see him play a whole season. We keep our fingers crossed... :cross:

GOOOO BOMBERS !!!! :beer:
Welcome to SWAGGERVILLE !!!
You only get a once in a lifetime opportunity so many times.

User avatar
prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:04 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Location: Vancouver

Re: The league has turned upside down..kinda...

Post by prairiedog » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Cool wrote:
argonaut11xx wrote: The Argo's...oh my...coaching has been a disaster...defence not so great...im not sure the offence would be any good if they had a top notch QB...Lemon is improving, but he has no weapons....
Is the rah-rah message starting to fade?
I don't see Barker as a big rah rah guy. He has a bit of rah and he's definitely a players' coach. You want rah rah, Kavis Reed is your man. Curious to see how he pulpits the 'no respect' angle when they're losing by 2 and 3 scores. I wonder if he's fired all his ammo before his team hit any adversity. Now that the going is getting (very) tough I wonder if he'll throw a tantrum when Calgary runs up the score on his defense in a couple of weeks like he did so often as DC in Hamilton.
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!


heh

User avatar
hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:38 pm
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Re: The league has turned upside down..kinda...

Post by hfxbomberfan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:34 am

BB_Blitz wrote:
cossack wrote:The Peg is definitely for real this year. And for those who keep waiting for Buck to go down, ask yourselves this, would your QB be able to take the pounding that Buck has and still be standing?
cossack wrote:The Ticats will go only as far as Kevin Glenn takes them. He may have thrown for over 5,000 yards last season, but he needs to prove that he is playoff calibre quarterback. If he doesn't do it this year, I can see him being phased out next season. He needs to be mentally and physically tougher to take the next step.

The Bombers were hesitant on signing Buck mostly because of his concussion history. He's taken more big shots to the head this year than any other QB and keeps getting back up. He's not the most talented QB in the league but we all love him out here. Warrior, tough, grit and heart = BUCK PIERCE. As talented as Glenn is those are the intangibles that were missing from his game when he was here. Buck's game is just starting to come together so sure would be great to see him play a whole season. We keep our fingers crossed... :cross:

GOOOO BOMBERS !!!! :beer:
Hey, good to see ya back BB ! :beauty:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

Nat
Starter
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:20 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Location: Regina

Re: The league has turned upside down..kinda...

Post by Nat » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:06 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:Wow...
Calgary is strong, and once they get their *poop* together they will be a force in the playoff's
Calgary had better hope the Riders don't make the playoffs if they want any hope of making it to the Grey Cup game

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests