Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

CFL in Quebec
All Star

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Post by CFL in Quebec » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:28 pm

ArgoDave wrote: In fairness to the Als that very late PI call that gave the Bombers a hope was so bogus as to be unreal, the Bombers should have lost on that bad throw not be rewarded with a set of Downs on the 1 yard line.

If there ever was a game more clearly influenced by a bad call more than last nights was I don't remember it.
Totally agree : that call was unbelievable. The worst bad call of the year so far.

BB_Blitz
Legend
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by BB_Blitz » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:48 am

CFL in Quebec wrote:
ArgoDave wrote: In fairness to the Als that very late PI call that gave the Bombers a hope was so bogus as to be unreal, the Bombers should have lost on that bad throw not be rewarded with a set of Downs on the 1 yard line.

If there ever was a game more clearly influenced by a bad call more than last nights was I don't remember it.
Totally agree : that call was unbelievable. The worst bad call of the year so far.
Agree also but the play before that, PI should have been called on the Als defender. He was screening Carr and the ball hit him in the back of the head so as Higgins would say... " justice was served " on the bogus PI call the next play. :cowboy:
Welcome to SWAGGERVILLE !!!
You only get a once in a lifetime opportunity so many times.

BB_Blitz
Legend

Post by BB_Blitz » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:49 am

The SWAG Boys are BACK !!!! :yahoo:

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:44 am

BB_Blitz wrote: Agree also but the play before that, PI should have been called on the Als defender. He was screening Carr and the ball hit him in the back of the head so as Higgins would say... " justice was served " on the bogus PI call the next play. :cowboy:
How could you say he was intentionally screening him when he didn't even see the ball coming? Now Carrs hijinks were totally intentional to draw a flag on a uncatchable ball.
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:46 am

BB_Blitz wrote:The SWAG Boys are BACK !!!! :yahoo:
Nothing like playing the Jekyll and Hyde Ticats to get you season back on track. When I think of the wasted game we had vs them, all winnable, it makes me ill. Congrats Bombers on a solid win.

BB_Blitz
Legend

Post by BB_Blitz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:46 am

ArgoDave wrote:
BB_Blitz wrote: Agree also but the play before that, PI should have been called on the Als defender. He was screening Carr and the ball hit him in the back of the head so as Higgins would say... " justice was served " on the bogus PI call the next play. :cowboy:
How could you say he was intentionally screening him when he didn't even see the ball coming? Now Carrs hijinks were totally intentional to draw a flag on a uncatchable ball.
That's my point. The defender has to make attempt to look back for the ball. He can't just wave his arms in the receivers face. That's screening and PI should have been called.

BB_Blitz
Legend

Post by BB_Blitz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:52 am

ArgoDave wrote:
Nothing like playing the Jekyll and Hyde Ticats to get you season back on track. When I think of the wasted game we had vs them, all winnable, it makes me ill. Congrats Bombers on a solid win.
Cats are a strange team.

Bombers get to redeem their loss to the Argos in a few weeks. They better not blow it this time. :cowboy:

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:32 am

BB_Blitz wrote: Bombers get to redeem their loss to the Argos in a few weeks. They better not blow it this time. :cowboy:
And this is where we get to play spoiler. :tease:

I just hope Calgary has something to play for last week of the season. :cross:

larz-7
Hall of Famer

Post by larz-7 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:09 pm

gordo you are alive
humans are the only creatures on this planet that let their children back in after they leave home )B Cosby

prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by prairiedog » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:52 pm

BB_Blitz wrote:That's my point. The defender has to make attempt to look back for the ball. He can't just wave his arms in the receivers face. That's screening and PI should have been called.
No he doesn't habe to look back at the ball. But yes, he cannot wave his arms in the receiver's face. He can however raise his arm in an attempt to deflect the ball, even without looking back for the ball, so long as the official on the scene does not deem it as intentionally obscuring the receiver's view of the ball.
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh