Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Starter
User avatar
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:22 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby argonaut11xx » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:30 am

Looks like the Bombers are in some trouble....

Buck is beaten up...and now the top 2 RB's are both out for the balance of the season...

Swaggerville?....um...not anymore....especially after losing to the Argo's....

The Bomber will "stagger" into the playoff's...and exit in a very ugly fashion...

2014 MVP
User avatar
Posts: 6764
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Exlied to Alcatraz

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby Solar Max » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:34 am

How bad are the injuries to Pierce and Brink? Little coverage of that here.
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

Starter
User avatar
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:22 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby argonaut11xx » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:14 am

its doesnt say much...

Brinks injury is to his non throwing shoulder...so it cant be that bad....

Buck is pulling a Tony Romo and playing with bad ribs...which must really hurt....

after a 7-1 start...these guys are 1-3....

sorta the opposite of what the BC lions are doing....

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby 294life » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:21 am

argonaut11xx wrote:Looks like the Bombers are in some trouble....

Buck is beaten up...and now the top 2 RB's are both out for the balance of the season...

Swaggerville?....um...not anymore....especially after losing to the Argo's....

The Bomber will "stagger" into the playoff's...and exit in a very ugly fashion...


The Bombers are not a team to be taken lightly by anyone IMO. They can win ugly like they can lose ugly. They're just plain ugly :wink: but they are still 8-4. When the als first met them they were as prepared as can be and they got stymied. We're heading into the peg with a head full of steam but everytime you think you're going to cream them they find a way to make the most of their players and keep it close. Friday night will be an interesting rematch. :popcorn:
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:36 pm
Location: Port Moody - BC

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby Sir Purrcival » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:51 am

I don't think anyone should take any team lightly in this league but I do believe that the bloom is off the Bombers now. I thought at the beginning of the season that they were taking an awful chance going with Buck and not really having an experienced back up. One or two more knocks are likely to put BP out for a few games and if people think that Alex Brink (hurt no less) is going to be able to haul the freight, well good luck with that. Now Doug Brown is out as well and he if nothing else is the glue on this team. Add in the lack of an experienced RB and the Bombers are in big trouble IMO. If they are able, it might almost be worthwhile to sit BP an extra week and let him heal somewhat. They will need him at the end of the season and they are getting mighty close to a point where a serious injury could take him out for the balance.
Lest We Forget!

Starter
User avatar
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:22 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby argonaut11xx » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:29 am

I think that the Alouette's will slap the Bombers like a newborn baby this week...

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby 294life » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:43 am

argonaut11xx wrote:I think that the Alouette's will slap the Bombers like a newborn baby this week...


may you be right. :wink:

any thoughts on the ticats-argos game saturday?
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Starter
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:07 am
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby Randy Brule » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:21 pm

Oh good grief. TSN is reporting that Winnipeg is bringing in Michael Bishop. :?

Legend
User avatar
Posts: 19472
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:04 am
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby ArgoDave » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:39 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby 294life » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:53 pm

ArgoDave wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


my thoughts exactly. and one more for good measure :rotf:

apparently Calgary is getting a lingerie football league team for next year. any argo fans check out the Toronto Triumph last sept. 17 ? If not their last home game is october 28th at the Ricoh centre wherever that is.
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby 294life » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:14 pm

294life wrote:
argonaut11xx wrote:Looks like the Bombers are in some trouble....

Buck is beaten up...and now the top 2 RB's are both out for the balance of the season...

Swaggerville?....um...not anymore....especially after losing to the Argo's....

The Bomber will "stagger" into the playoff's...and exit in a very ugly fashion...


The Bombers are not a team to be taken lightly by anyone IMO. They can win ugly like they can lose ugly. They're just plain ugly :wink: but they are still 8-4. When the als first met them they were as prepared as can be and they got stymied. We're heading into the peg with a head full of steam but everytime you think you're going to cream them they find a way to make the most of their players and keep it close. Friday night will be an interesting rematch. :popcorn:



Hate to toot my own horn here, but i was pretty much on the money. That and the streaker at the mcgill-bishop's game made my night. I should be out of ICU........whenever. :dizzy: :yahoo:

between st and sw is suaggerville: final verdict. :ref:
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Legend
User avatar
Posts: 19472
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:04 am
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby ArgoDave » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:43 am

Anyone else think the Als are on the decline this year? Other years when they had an opponent clearly beaten like they did the Bombers they never would have let them back in the game, rather smother them with aggressive defense. Now no win is a sure thing by halftime like it often was back them, heck they even lose almost as many as they're winning this year.

A 3-peat is gonna be tough.

In fairness to the Als that very late PI call that gave the Bombers a hope was so bogus as to be unreal, the Bombers should have lost on that bad throw not be rewarded with a set of Downs on the 1 yard line.

If there ever was a game more clearly influenced by a bad call more than last nights was I don't remember it.
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby 294life » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:04 pm

ArgoDave wrote:Anyone else think the Als are on the decline this year? Other years when they had an opponent clearly beaten like they did the Bombers they never would have let them back in the game, rather smother them with aggressive defense. Now no win is a sure thing by halftime like it often was back them, heck they even lose almost as many as they're winning this year.

A 3-peat is gonna be tough.

In fairness to the Als that very late PI call that gave the Bombers a hope was so bogus as to be unreal, the Bombers should have lost on that bad throw not be rewarded with a set of Downs on the 1 yard line.

If there ever was a game more clearly influenced by a bad call more than last nights was I don't remember it.


The Als couldn't be dominant forever. Sooner or later their time will come to struggle and then we'll see how the fans respond. That PI call may have been bogus but that first pass in the end zone hitting Williams' helmet could have certainly been one according to our play by play man Bruno Heppell.

Yes a 3-peat Will be tough. It will take absolutely every ounce of chemistry on that team to do it but if Trestman still believes he has a shot at the Nfl then this might be his last chance to prove it.

Looks like the riders will join the argos in the spoiler role from here on in. 8 points in 2 games. ouuuch. :dizzy:

actually the riders still have a slim shot since they're playing edmonton twice and they're struggling too. of course i won't mention that on riderfans.com man there is some hate happenin' there. :wink:
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Legend
User avatar
Posts: 19472
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:04 am
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby ArgoDave » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:30 am

294life wrote:of course i won't mention that on riderfans.com man there is some hate happenin' there. :wink:


Always is, the finger pointing and melodrama will continue for quite a while regardless of what happens.
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Swaggerville OR Staggerville ???....

Postby 294life » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:50 pm

ArgoDave wrote:
294life wrote:of course i won't mention that on riderfans.com man there is some hate happenin' there. :wink:


Always is, the finger pointing and melodrama will continue for quite a while regardless of what happens.

In argoland it seems like it's not even worth fussin' about. couldn't even get a game thread going which is probably just as well. :wink: oh that's right. we meet in 9 days don't we?. :cool:
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Next

Return to Canadian Professional Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Legal Statement and Privacy Policy

2002 - 2015 Copyright 13thman.com ~ All Rights Reserved
13thman

This website is an independent source of news and information, and is not Officially affiliated with any league, team or school.


Football Canada Grey Cup Champions Canadian CFL News Information British Columbia B.C. BC Alberta Calgary Edmonton Saskatchewan Regina Manitoba Winnipeg Ontario Hamilton Ottawa Toronto Quebec Montreal Halifax Vancouver events tourism travel argonauts redblacks alouettes tiger cats blue bombers roughriders eskimos stampeders lions

Built and maintained by WebDesignIntervention.com