Watch out Argos, TFC becoming tast of the town.

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Hall of Famer
Posts: 6122
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 8:15 pm
Location: Etobicoke,
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Watch out Argos, TFC becoming tast of the town.

Postby ping » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:14 pm

lol
Im glad someone got that,the tfc is the tast,we are the toast,however Mark to argue with Tebo is silly.He knows his stuff. Argos are so far removed from the under 30 s in toronto,its very very scary!
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:36 pm
Location: Port Moody - BC

Postby Sir Purrcival » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:19 pm

Just remember there are all kinds of tastes, some pleasant and some not. The Argos and TFC will always be light years behind the Maple Laughs (god only knows why). If you have to spend money to watch a mediocre sporting event, it makes much more sense to spend your $$ on the Argo's as they are much less expensive than the NHL. Not sure how they compare to tix for TFC.
Lest We Forget!

2014 MVP
User avatar
Posts: 8757
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:18 pm

Postby Ron » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Also ... TFC got 45,000+ on a Wednesday. The Jays home opener will fill the place on a mid week game I believe.

Yet we'll hear from Argo fans that the schedule is bad because they can't draw a crowd for a weeknight game. Well it's proven in Toronto ... if you give people a reason to come they come. Regardless of the night. (People also forget to mention that the Leafs and Raptors get close to 20K down to that same area on any night of the week)

The Argos under C&S were creating a buzz (Fans were actually in the seats) when they started but it was painfully obvious they took their foot off the gas in the Grey Cup season. Toronto just needs someone to offer a sustained push of the team for many years in a row to establish a real base ... and not just a 3 and out every decade.
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

Hall of Famer
User avatar
Posts: 9155
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:42 pm
Location: St Catharines, Ontario
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re:

Postby Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Ron wrote:Also ... TFC got 45,000+ on a Wednesday. The Jays home opener will fill the place on a mid week game I believe.

Yet we'll hear from Argo fans that the schedule is bad because they can't draw a crowd for a weeknight game. Well it's proven in Toronto ... if you give people a reason to come they come. Regardless of the night. (People also forget to mention that the Leafs and Raptors get close to 20K down to that same area on any night of the week)

The Argos under C&S were creating a buzz (Fans were actually in the seats) when they started but it was painfully obvious they took their foot off the gas in the Grey Cup season. Toronto just needs someone to offer a sustained push of the team for many years in a row to establish a real base ... and not just a 3 and out every decade.


Well said, Ron! :good:
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

Legend
User avatar
Posts: 23849
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:06 am
Location: Calgary

Postby iso_55 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Argos have to be consistent winners in order to get the fans back. Don't know how they thought they could draw fans with no qb for a couple of years as Lemon was brutal. Now that they have Ricky Ray, they'll be a lot more competitive. Should help attendance.
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:22 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Watch out Argos, TFC becoming tast of the town.

Postby Gill The Thrill » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:23 pm

mikem24 wrote:TFC also restricts the sale of season tickets because of the huge demand. The cut off is something like 18,000 and that gets you around 18 home games not including the tournaments and friendlies, the Argos are lucky to get 8,000 season tickets. CFL is a hard sell in Toronto.
My sister took my 10 year old nephew to the game and he was really excited about getting to see David Beckham. He also enjoys the CFL and has been to a few Tiger Cat games at IWS but you can't beat the atmosphere of a pro Soccer game with their boisterous fans.



For the last 2 years, TFC has been begging me to be a season ticket holder...last year by email, and this year through the phone. I did not even initiate any will or contact them, they contacted me.

I was still in the Red waiting list and not even on the gold waiting list, which tells you how many dropped out of the waiting list, or just put their names down to see how soon they could seasons, even if they don't intend to buy them. It tells me how many season subscribers they've lost.

Ping instigates this *poop* every year, and then towards the end of the year, he'll always reply and say, " I should not have renewed" :rotf: when they finish in last place.

Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:36 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Watch out Argos, TFC becoming tast of the town.

Postby T-Bone » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Gill The Thrill wrote:
mikem24 wrote:TFC also restricts the sale of season tickets because of the huge demand. The cut off is something like 18,000 and that gets you around 18 home games not including the tournaments and friendlies, the Argos are lucky to get 8,000 season tickets. CFL is a hard sell in Toronto.
My sister took my 10 year old nephew to the game and he was really excited about getting to see David Beckham. He also enjoys the CFL and has been to a few Tiger Cat games at IWS but you can't beat the atmosphere of a pro Soccer game with their boisterous fans.



For the last 2 years, TFC has been begging me to be a season ticket holder...last year by email, and this year through the phone. I did not even initiate any will or contact them, they contacted me.

I was still in the Red waiting list and not even on the gold waiting list, which tells you how many dropped out of the waiting list, or just put their names down to see how soon they could seasons, even if they don't intend to buy them. It tells me how many season subscribers they've lost.

Ping instigates this *poop* every year, and then towards the end of the year, he'll always reply and say, " I should not have renewed" :rotf: when they finish in last place.

Despite the waiting list being cleared out season tickets have sold out every year since the first season.

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:22 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Watch out Argos, TFC becoming tast of the town.

Postby Gill The Thrill » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:31 pm

That's what MLSE will say, but in the early years you could not find an empty seat, nor see one on TV when TFC was playing. Today, the seats may be sold to MLSE's corporate friends but the asses are sure not occupying all the seats as you could see plenty of red seats while watching on TV, so it's not quite the same anymore...the lustre is off the shine as people realize TFC has no clue what they're doing.....unfortunately the Argos have also turned off fans in the same manner over the years.

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 739
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:28 pm
Location: Barrie, Ontario

Re: Watch out Argos, TFC becoming tast of the town.

Postby Hymie » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:07 am

I went to an TSC game early this season and believe me, it was far from sold out. Here's a photo.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/dbhynd/BMO.jpg
The CFL is alive and well
We don't need the NFL

Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:36 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Postby T-Bone » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:28 am

Gill The Thrill wrote:That's what MLSE will say, but in the early years you could not find an empty seat, nor see one on TV when TFC was playing. Today, the seats may be sold to MLSE's corporate friends but the asses are sure not occupying all the seats as you could see plenty of red seats while watching on TV, so it's not quite the same anymore...the lustre is off the shine as people realize TFC has no clue what they're doing.....unfortunately the Argos have also turned off fans in the same manner over the years.

I didn't say anything about the stadium being as full as it used to be, it's not. Again, despite that the season tickets are sold out. Have you seen how empty Leafs games can be? The bottom line is the tickets are sold.

Hymie wrote:I went to an TSC game

You made two mistakes there. I highlighted them for you in red.

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 739
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:28 pm
Location: Barrie, Ontario

Re:

Postby Hymie » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 pm

T-Bone wrote:
Gill The Thrill wrote:That's what MLSE will say, but in the early years you could not find an empty seat, nor see one on TV when TFC was playing. Today, the seats may be sold to MLSE's corporate friends but the asses are sure not occupying all the seats as you could see plenty of red seats while watching on TV, so it's not quite the same anymore...the lustre is off the shine as people realize TFC has no clue what they're doing.....unfortunately the Argos have also turned off fans in the same manner over the years.

I didn't say anything about the stadium being as full as it used to be, it's not. Again, despite that the season tickets are sold out. Have you seen how empty Leafs games can be? The bottom line is the tickets are sold.

Hymie wrote:I went to an TSC game

You made two mistakes there. I highlighted them for you in red.


I have always had problems with teams who say that all the tickets are sold even though there are thousands of empty seats in their stadium. If the seats are all sold, then why are they so easy to get. The Leafs I can believe, but they are the only exception I am willing to make. But even with the Leafs, back when I use to give a damn about them and the NHL, I had no problems what so ever to get tickets to the "Sold Out" Leafs through the box office. If TFC is claiming that all tickets are sold, them more power to them, but I tend to think that they are just trying to keep the perception alive that they are still a hot property in this market.
The CFL is alive and well
We don't need the NFL

Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:36 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Re:

Postby T-Bone » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Hymie wrote:If TFC is claiming that all tickets are sold, them more power to them, but I tend to think that they are just trying to keep the perception alive that they are still a hot property in this market.

TFC is not claiming that every game is a sell out. Season tickets are sold out. At last count season tickets were capped at 16,000. BMO Fields seating capacity is 21,859.

All Star
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:03 pm
Location: Kelowna

Postby Bobbyp » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:31 pm

I watched on jtv for about 30 seconds of some game between like Coldorado fc and insert some other cities name here fc and there was about 15 people watching which was about 10 more than were actually at the game LOL. Why do they name them all after some fried chicken outlet?
“98% of people will die sometime in their lives.”

Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:36 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Postby T-Bone » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:41 am

Bobbyp wrote:I watched on jtv for about 30 seconds of some game between like Coldorado fc and insert some other cities name here fc and there was about 15 people watching which was about 10 more than were actually at the game LOL. Why do they name them all after some fried chicken outlet?

In 30 seconds you were able to determine the attendance at the game yet you can't remember the name of the team the Colorado Rapids were playing against. I guess all the teams in the CFL are also named after fried chicken outlets then because their official names all end with FC as well. I thought FC stood for Football Club.

Hall of Famer
Posts: 6122
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 8:15 pm
Location: Etobicoke,
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Watch out Argos, TFC becoming tast of the town.

Postby ping » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:56 am

Dont fall for it T-bone.I have to admit the tfc games attendence is way higher than the argos even with a new coach and qb! And it feels a lot better sitting next to people than empty seats .The skydome sucks and BMO rocks , what else can be said??
And everyone knows KFC stands for Kansa football club,duh!!!! :rotf:
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

PreviousNext

Return to Canadian Professional Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Legal Statement and Privacy Policy

2002 - 2015 Copyright 13thman.com ~ All Rights Reserved
13thman

This website is an independent source of news and information, and is not Officially affiliated with any league, team or school.


Football Canada Grey Cup Champions Canadian CFL News Information British Columbia B.C. BC Alberta Calgary Edmonton Saskatchewan Regina Manitoba Winnipeg Ontario Hamilton Ottawa Toronto Quebec Montreal Halifax Vancouver events tourism travel argonauts redblacks alouettes tiger cats blue bombers roughriders eskimos stampeders lions

Built and maintained by WebDesignIntervention.com