New jerseys across the league

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

New jerseys across the league

Postby ping » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:32 am

Every team will be getting a new re designed jersey this year!
Any ideas what logos will look like or change in colors.What are you guys hearing?
I think the arg one will be a retro and the Ticats I beleieve are showing thiers May 1 !!!
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

Superstar

Postby cromartie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:07 pm

What I read was, East goes May 1st, West goes May 2nd.

Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Postby Saskfan4life » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:16 am

As long as they're not pretty much all the same, just different colours, like it is with everyone except Montreal right now, I'll be happy. Variety in design is key.

Rookie

Postby RLeb » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:00 am

Yeah that's what I am hoping for. Some different designs, colors, patterns etc...

Not 8 identical cut-and-paste jerseys..
“All of life’s problems can be solved with two things—duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn’t, you need duct tape. And if it doesn’t move and it should, you need WD40.”
—Unknown

Hall of Famer

Postby ping » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:31 pm

cookie cutter jerseys suck !!!

Superstar

Postby cromartie » Tue May 01, 2012 1:50 am

The Hammer leaks first:

http://bit.ly/IryZjq

Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Re: New jerseys across the league

Postby Ticats85 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:16 pm

So far my Favorite is the Away Ticats jersey i think it's very sharp looking, the home jersey is nice as well. I am also a big fan of the new Bombers jerseys, and the Al's jersey are my least favorite they are pretty much the same minus the addition of the Alouettes and Montreal on the front of the away and home jerseys but their not ugly or anything. Overall very well done IMO

Superstar

Postby cromartie » Wed May 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Hamilton was outstanding.

Montreal and BC were really just tweaks on what exists, not really an improvement. BC has had the same number font since 1989. Montreal was actually made a bit worse, in my opinion. The number changes make them more difficult to read, and the Montreal and Alouettes were made larger and in a less attractive font.

Saskatchewan's home jersey is pretty good, I suppose, but trying to apply the same styling to an away white jersey is a gigantic fail.

I am underwhelmed with Toronto's kit. The stripes are a nice touch, I guess (though done better with both Edmonton and Hamilton) but the name/numbers could stand some dressing up.

Calgary's home, and Edmonton's home jerseys were nicely done. Someone made the point with Calgary that the home jersey looks suspiciously like Ottawa's would if/when they return to the league.

Not a big fan of the white aways for Calgary or Edmonton. But I'll give them credit for using the alternate logo on the Calgary away jersey.

Winnipeg's home jersey is fine, but that away gold is really, really bad.

Finally, can we stop this nonsense with home and away helmets?

Superstar

Postby Cool » Wed May 02, 2012 2:07 pm

I think the Argos jersey looks pretty good

Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Postby Saskfan4life » Thu May 03, 2012 9:11 am

Hate the boring retro stripes on Hamilton, Toronto, and Edmonton. Montreal is practically unchanged. BC goes back to simple monocolour, maybe a bit unimaginative, but it works. Winnipeg's are nice. Calgary and the Riders have the best looking unis in the league! I refused to buy the cookie cutter, ugly shoulder stripe Rider jersey, but I would go get a green #60 MAKOWSKY of the new jerseys, and wear it proudly!

2014 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Postby D » Thu May 03, 2012 8:55 pm

the new Lions jersey looks like a practice jersey .. they really missed an opportunity but hey we still have the Grey Cup :beauty:
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Starter

Postby Dave in Korea » Sat May 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Saskfan4life wrote:Hate the boring retro stripes on Hamilton, Toronto, and Edmonton. ...

Yeah, those three kind of went with the 70s/80s cookie-cutter, throw-some-stripes-on-the-sleeves-and-call-it-a-day design approach.

Calgary's are the biggest improvements, IMO . . . but their last ones were the worst, so they had nowhere to go but up.

Saskatchewan's are OK, but I don't like that they seem to have slightly different designs for different positions (like Calgary's previous jerseys). However, the ones the receivers wear are the nicer of the two (and they're the ones for sale to the public).

I like that Montreal has stayed with their design and I like the larger lettering of Montreal and Alouettes across the front.

Can't wait to see them all in action!
Dream out loud.

Hall of Famer

Postby ping » Tue May 08, 2012 6:08 am

Wow, all these jerseys are in very short supply!!! If you guys like your teams grab one right away, as they are a rare bird and will be impossible to find by kick-off!!!

Hall of Famer

Postby Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Sat May 12, 2012 4:59 pm

Dave in Korea wrote:
Saskfan4life wrote:Hate the boring retro stripes on Hamilton, Toronto, and Edmonton. ...

Yeah, those three kind of went with the 70s/80s cookie-cutter, throw-some-stripes-on-the-sleeves-and-call-it-a-day design approach.

The best uniforms IMO are the ones from the 1970s and 1980s. I am not totally crazy about Edmonton's road uniforms but their home ones are very good. Hamilton and Toronto both hit the mark IMO.
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

Playground Scrub

Postby jrt55555 » Sat May 19, 2012 3:03 am

Love Hamilton's new jerseys and Toronto's look good too.

Always have a soft spot for the Roughrider jerseys as well.

Next

Return to Canadian Professional Football