weird playoff possibilities

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

ping
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

weird playoff possibilities

Post by ping » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:07 am

Something weird is in the air. Are the argos going to choke and miss the playoffs? Could all the western teams be in via the mighty crossover? Will we see an all West Grey cup?
Will peg win out and go to the grey cup after beating up on the eastern teams in November?
Is it possible the tiggers re-group and make a run for it?
What do you see developing in the coming exciting last few weeks of the CFL???
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

Ticats85
Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Re: weird playoff possibilities

Post by Ticats85 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:04 pm

In the west i see the Riders coming on strong in the last four games to claim second place and a home playoff game, possibly even stealing first place from the Lions. The stamps will go 2-2 in their last four games. The Esks will go 1-3 making their record 7-11. In the east I see the Ticats going 3-1 to just barely sneak into the playoffs finishing third in the east. The Argos willl continue to lose as long as Jackson is behind centre, I see them going 2-2 finishing with a .500 record giving them second in east. The Alouettes will finish first as usual. All that being said what the hell do i know? :cowboy:

greenandwhitesince81
All Star

Post by greenandwhitesince81 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Ticats85 wrote:In the west i see the Riders coming on strong in the last four games to claim second place and a home playoff game, possibly even stealing first place from the Lions. The stamps will go 2-2 in their last four games. The Esks will go 1-3 making their record 7-11. In the east I see the Ticats going 3-1 to just barely sneak into the playoffs finishing third in the east. The Argos willl continue to lose as long as Jackson is behind centre, I see them going 2-2 finishing with a .500 record giving them second in east. The Alouettes will finish first as usual. All that being said what the hell do i know? :cowboy:
you seem to be quite knowledgeable....i particularly like your Rider prognostications!

Mowich
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by Mowich » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:13 pm

I sure hope all your predictions regarding the Riders are on the money - I am quietly optimistic, more so now that I see the team able to maintain leads and momentum. Like a fan mentioned in the 13th Man TSN Documentary - they have lacked the killer instinct at times - they need to stay focused, play a game at a time and keep Kory and Weston as busy as they can. Those two guys are gold, as our so many of the guys on defence - another reason I feel we have a fighting chance - our D is better than it has been in a long time. They will also have to learn how to play clean games. I'll give them the odd offside but when it comes to unnecessary roughness, pass interference, etc. we don't need to give the other team even one chance. The five-yard no yards is another I'll let go as it is better than giving someone like Chad Owens a chance.

Rock on Riders!

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:07 pm

here's a scenario: als lose all their games and bombers win all theirs, then ticats win their other 3 games and the argos beat the als and you have a 4 way tie in the east at 8-10
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:02 pm

Now thats an interesting scenario, has their ever been a 4 way tie in a division in the CFL?

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:16 pm

don't think so. last year we had that 3 way tie in the west

ping
Hall of Famer

Post by ping » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:52 am

So who gets the playoff games in the east 294 ? Is RR playing against the Als this Sunday at 1?

294life
All Star

Re:

Post by 294life » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:07 am

ping wrote:So who gets the playoff games in the east 294 ? Is RR playing against the Als this Sunday at 1?
Both RR and Kackert are questionable. Inman is out.

We'll be about 150-200 fans coming on a fan train from montreal.

The bigger question is whether there will be a crossover.

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Well looks i was wrong with my predictions for the last 4 games already, the Cats are toast that performance last night was garbage, the defense couldn't stop anything. The Eskimos look like they have turned a corner, Kerry Joseph is looking like the year is 2007, if they crossover into the east i could see them beating Toronto and maybe even Montreal, what a nightmare that would be for the CFL and TSN having two western teams in the 100th grey cup in T.O

larz-7
Hall of Famer

Post by larz-7 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:40 pm

in the east alot rides on tomorrows game with argos and montreal.an argo win i think would assure a playoff spot for them.who finishes first flip a coin. i dont think either argos or montreal will be excited to face hamilton or the bombers if somehow they made the playoffs .in a one game match both those teams could kill you and it happened to montreal.both may fair better against a western teams.in reality bc is the beast this year but even they can be beat, who is in the big game who knows and how this year is going it just might not be the two predicted teams
humans are the only creatures on this planet that let their children back in after they leave home )B Cosby

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:28 pm

What a terrible performance by the Argos today,their offense was just awful, if i were them i would be starting Trevor Harris over Jackson if Ray can't play next week, he cant be any worse than Jarious, Montreal didn't look to impressive either. With all the high expectations for the east this year it's highly possible that only one team will finish with a winning record. Will we ever see a year where the east is a stronger division than the west? I can't remember the last time it happened

ping
Hall of Famer

Post by ping » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:40 am

the crossover rule is in effect!!!

Mowich
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by Mowich » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:58 am

Ticats85 wrote:Well looks i was wrong with my predictions for the last 4 games already, the Cats are toast that performance last night was garbage, the defense couldn't stop anything. The Eskimos look like they have turned a corner, Kerry Joseph is looking like the year is 2007, if they crossover into the east i could see them beating Toronto and maybe even Montreal, what a nightmare that would be for the CFL and TSN having two western teams in the 100th grey cup in T.O
The Ti-Cats performance was no worse than that of the Riders - where the team from last week went is beyond me. Why can't the Riders step-up for every game? I gotta say that Kerry Joseph recalled to me the days of yore when he played in the Grey Cup for Sask - he was solid. No matter what the Rider's threw at him, he had an answer. Way to go, Kerry.

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Montreal and Toronto are next on the Green Monster's menu. A couple of likely wins to put you back on track.