Trestman going to NFL ?

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:38 pm
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby hfxbomberfan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:06 am

From the Montreal Gazette:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/f ... index.html

We all knew this would eventually happen. :(

Now, who will be the next Als Head Coach ? :hmm:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby 294life » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 pm

old news based on one tweet. everyone backpedaled and said nothing was confirmed. he has been talking to the Raiders for the OC post.

I would wait for 100% confirmation before going :(
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:38 pm
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby hfxbomberfan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:36 am

Looks like we got our 100 % confirmation now. Just saw it on RDS sports and in SlamSports.ca:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 00311.html

And the Montreal Gazette:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/M ... story.html

I can think of a few guys who could be candidates for the vacant job in Montreal:

Dave Dickenson - Calgary Stampeders O-Coord
Jacques Chapdelaine - BC Lions O-Coord
Marcel Bellfeuille - Omaha Nighthawks, UFL, O-Coord (formerly Hamilton Tiger-Cats HC)
Greg Marshall - University of Western Ontario's HC.(formerly Hamilton Tiger-Cats HC)
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby 294life » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:01 pm

Chris Jones. Danny Maciocia. Paul LaPolice are also candidates. But I believe that Popp will bring someone new that's recommended by Trestman. In fact he'll have to bring a lot of new because Bischoff and Meyer are apparently leaving for Chi-town too.

And I'd rather go :yahoo: for Trestman. Make us proud. :beauty:
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:38 pm
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby hfxbomberfan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:19 pm

294life wrote:Chris Jones. Danny Maciocia. Paul LaPolice are also candidates. But I believe that Popp will bring someone new that's recommended by Trestman. In fact he'll have to bring a lot of new because Bischoff and Meyer are apparently leaving for Chi-town too.

And I'd rather go :yahoo: for Trestman. Make us proud. :beauty:


Oh yeah, I forgot about those guys. I agree with you: GO MARC GO ! ! ! :yahoo: :beauty: :D
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

Rookie
User avatar
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 3:07 pm
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby Ticats85 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:23 pm

I will be pulling for the Bears next year for sure, I wish Marc lots of luck and hope he can turn Cutler into a elite NFL QB. It's going to be weird not seeing Mr Trestman on the sidelines in Montreal. I would like to see Marcel Bellefeuille get another shot at HC in the league maybe he will get a chance in Montreal

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby 294life » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:52 am

Doug Berry could also re-surface seeing as he knows Calvillo but Popp isn't the re-tread type. He'll likely give someone brand spankin' new a shot.
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Hall of Famer
User avatar
Posts: 9155
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:42 pm
Location: St Catharines, Ontario
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:00 am

Ticats85 wrote:I will be pulling for the Bears next year for sure, I wish Marc lots of luck and hope he can turn Cutler into a elite NFL QB. It's going to be weird not seeing Mr Trestman on the sidelines in Montreal. I would like to see Marcel Bellefeuille get another shot at HC in the league maybe he will get a chance in Montreal


Wasn't Bellefeuille a bit of a disaster as offensive coordinator in Montreal a few years ago? I got the impression that Bellefeulle and Calvillo really did not mesh well together. He would be one guy that I would be surprised to see Popp interview for the head coaching job.
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby 294life » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh wrote:
Ticats85 wrote:I will be pulling for the Bears next year for sure, I wish Marc lots of luck and hope he can turn Cutler into a elite NFL QB. It's going to be weird not seeing Mr Trestman on the sidelines in Montreal. I would like to see Marcel Bellefeuille get another shot at HC in the league maybe he will get a chance in Montreal


Wasn't Bellefeuille a bit of a disaster as offensive coordinator in Montreal a few years ago? I got the impression that Bellefeulle and Calvillo really did not mesh well together. He would be one guy that I would be surprised to see Popp interview for the head coaching job.


Yeah in 2007 it was a pain to watch our offence struggle. Now it seems more likely that it will be someone like Chapdelaine or Mark Washington coming to the als.
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Rookie
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:41 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby pat » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:17 pm

You would think Chris Jones of Toronto would have to get an interview. He may have had more to do with the Argo championship than Ricky Ray.

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby 294life » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:45 pm

pat wrote:You would think Chris Jones of Toronto would have to get an interview. He may have had more to do with the Argo championship than Ricky Ray.


Argos have given Jones permission to be interviewed by Popp and he has to be the number one cfl candidate out there. but he's a defensive coach and the als have already hired thorpe as DC unless they decide to put thorpe on special teams.
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:38 pm
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby hfxbomberfan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 am

294life wrote:
pat wrote:You would think Chris Jones of Toronto would have to get an interview. He may have had more to do with the Argo championship than Ricky Ray.


Argos have given Jones permission to be interviewed by Popp and he has to be the number one cfl candidate out there. but he's a defensive coach and the als have already hired thorpe as DC unless they decide to put thorpe on special teams.


Intersting for sure as he is a strong candidate. They've also got permission to talk to Chapdelaine. I can see him getting the job before Jones. Could be interesting. :beauty:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:38 pm
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby hfxbomberfan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:30 am

294life wrote:Doug Berry could also re-surface seeing as he knows Calvillo but Popp isn't the re-tread type. He'll likely give someone brand spankin' new a shot.


:0 :? OMG, anybody but Berry ! I wouldn't even want him to coach my enemies! We endured a lot of pain with him at the helm in Winnipeg. The guy is not a "people-person" at all !
Might be good as an assistant but no way as an HC.
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

Rookie
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:41 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby pat » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:13 am

294life wrote:
pat wrote:You would think Chris Jones of Toronto would have to get an interview. He may have had more to do with the Argo championship than Ricky Ray.


Argos have given Jones permission to be interviewed by Popp and he has to be the number one cfl candidate out there. but he's a defensive coach and the als have already hired thorpe as DC unless they decide to put thorpe on special teams.

Well Montreal did lose Mike Sinclair too. He was just hired as the d-line coach here in Sask. until he went down with Trestman to Chicago.

All Star
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Postby 294life » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 pm

and chris jones has signed an extension with toronto. als are to interview o'shea and brady but we already know it will be ben cahoon. :wink:
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Next

Return to Canadian Professional Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Legal Statement and Privacy Policy

2002 - 2015 Copyright 13thman.com ~ All Rights Reserved
13thman

This website is an independent source of news and information, and is not Officially affiliated with any league, team or school.


Football Canada Grey Cup Champions Canadian CFL News Information British Columbia B.C. BC Alberta Calgary Edmonton Saskatchewan Regina Manitoba Winnipeg Ontario Hamilton Ottawa Toronto Quebec Montreal Halifax Vancouver events tourism travel argonauts redblacks alouettes tiger cats blue bombers roughriders eskimos stampeders lions

Built and maintained by WebDesignIntervention.com