Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Trestman going to NFL ?

Post by hfxbomberfan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 am

From the Montreal Gazette:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/f ... index.html

We all knew this would eventually happen. :(

Now, who will be the next Als Head Coach ? :hmm:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

294life
All Star

Re: Trestman going to NFL ?

Post by 294life » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:33 am

old news based on one tweet. everyone backpedaled and said nothing was confirmed. he has been talking to the Raiders for the OC post.

I would wait for 100% confirmation before going :(
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

hfxbomberfan
Superstar

Post by hfxbomberfan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:36 am

Looks like we got our 100 % confirmation now. Just saw it on RDS sports and in SlamSports.ca:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 00311.html

And the Montreal Gazette:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/M ... story.html

I can think of a few guys who could be candidates for the vacant job in Montreal:

Dave Dickenson - Calgary Stampeders O-Coord
Jacques Chapdelaine - BC Lions O-Coord
Marcel Bellfeuille - Omaha Nighthawks, UFL, O-Coord (formerly Hamilton Tiger-Cats HC)
Greg Marshall - University of Western Ontario's HC.(formerly Hamilton Tiger-Cats HC)

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Chris Jones. Danny Maciocia. Paul LaPolice are also candidates. But I believe that Popp will bring someone new that's recommended by Trestman. In fact he'll have to bring a lot of new because Bischoff and Meyer are apparently leaving for Chi-town too.

And I'd rather go :yahoo: for Trestman. Make us proud. :beauty:

hfxbomberfan
Superstar

Post by hfxbomberfan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:19 pm

294life wrote:Chris Jones. Danny Maciocia. Paul LaPolice are also candidates. But I believe that Popp will bring someone new that's recommended by Trestman. In fact he'll have to bring a lot of new because Bischoff and Meyer are apparently leaving for Chi-town too.

And I'd rather go :yahoo: for Trestman. Make us proud. :beauty:
Oh yeah, I forgot about those guys. I agree with you: GO MARC GO ! ! ! :yahoo: :beauty: :D

Ticats85
Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Ticats85 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:23 pm

I will be pulling for the Bears next year for sure, I wish Marc lots of luck and hope he can turn Cutler into a elite NFL QB. It's going to be weird not seeing Mr Trestman on the sidelines in Montreal. I would like to see Marcel Bellefeuille get another shot at HC in the league maybe he will get a chance in Montreal

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:52 am

Doug Berry could also re-surface seeing as he knows Calvillo but Popp isn't the re-tread type. He'll likely give someone brand spankin' new a shot.

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:00 am

Ticats85 wrote:I will be pulling for the Bears next year for sure, I wish Marc lots of luck and hope he can turn Cutler into a elite NFL QB. It's going to be weird not seeing Mr Trestman on the sidelines in Montreal. I would like to see Marcel Bellefeuille get another shot at HC in the league maybe he will get a chance in Montreal
Wasn't Bellefeuille a bit of a disaster as offensive coordinator in Montreal a few years ago? I got the impression that Bellefeulle and Calvillo really did not mesh well together. He would be one guy that I would be surprised to see Popp interview for the head coaching job.
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh wrote:
Ticats85 wrote:I will be pulling for the Bears next year for sure, I wish Marc lots of luck and hope he can turn Cutler into a elite NFL QB. It's going to be weird not seeing Mr Trestman on the sidelines in Montreal. I would like to see Marcel Bellefeuille get another shot at HC in the league maybe he will get a chance in Montreal
Wasn't Bellefeuille a bit of a disaster as offensive coordinator in Montreal a few years ago? I got the impression that Bellefeulle and Calvillo really did not mesh well together. He would be one guy that I would be surprised to see Popp interview for the head coaching job.
Yeah in 2007 it was a pain to watch our offence struggle. Now it seems more likely that it will be someone like Chapdelaine or Mark Washington coming to the als.

pat
Rookie
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by pat » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:17 pm

You would think Chris Jones of Toronto would have to get an interview. He may have had more to do with the Argo championship than Ricky Ray.

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:45 pm

pat wrote:You would think Chris Jones of Toronto would have to get an interview. He may have had more to do with the Argo championship than Ricky Ray.
Argos have given Jones permission to be interviewed by Popp and he has to be the number one cfl candidate out there. but he's a defensive coach and the als have already hired thorpe as DC unless they decide to put thorpe on special teams.

hfxbomberfan
Superstar

Post by hfxbomberfan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:07 am

294life wrote:
pat wrote:You would think Chris Jones of Toronto would have to get an interview. He may have had more to do with the Argo championship than Ricky Ray.
Argos have given Jones permission to be interviewed by Popp and he has to be the number one cfl candidate out there. but he's a defensive coach and the als have already hired thorpe as DC unless they decide to put thorpe on special teams.
Intersting for sure as he is a strong candidate. They've also got permission to talk to Chapdelaine. I can see him getting the job before Jones. Could be interesting. :beauty:

hfxbomberfan
Superstar

Post by hfxbomberfan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:30 am

294life wrote:Doug Berry could also re-surface seeing as he knows Calvillo but Popp isn't the re-tread type. He'll likely give someone brand spankin' new a shot.
:0 :? OMG, anybody but Berry ! I wouldn't even want him to coach my enemies! We endured a lot of pain with him at the helm in Winnipeg. The guy is not a "people-person" at all !
Might be good as an assistant but no way as an HC.

pat
Rookie
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by pat » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:13 am

294life wrote:
Well Montreal did lose Mike Sinclair too. He was just hired as the d-line coach here in Sask. until he went down with Trestman to Chicago.

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:44 pm

and chris jones has signed an extension with toronto. als are to interview o'shea and brady but we already know it will be ben cahoon. :wink: