Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:38 pm
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by hfxbomberfan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:38 am

Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Moncton, New Brunswick: Who's coming down for the party ? :beer:

Sat 21 Sep 2013
Tiger-Cats host the Alouettes

I've already got my room booked and I know a few others do as well. We had a blast at the past two TD Atlantic's and the 2005 one in Halifax. Each year the city of Moncton does a better job on this party. They completely blew Halifax out of the water in 2010. The 2010 TD Atlantic in Moncton was 100 times better than the 1st one in Halifax in 2005. I can hardly wait to see what they have in store for us this year. :yahoo: :beauty: :D :beer:

Some highlights from 2011:

-Main Street downtown Moncton shut down for street festival each evening from Thurs to Sat evenings;
-live concerts Fri and Sat evenings: Kim Mitchell and Sloan;
-Calgary Grey cup Committee Pancake breakfast, 1st time ever they attended a non-Grey Cup event !
-High School football games under the lights on Thurs and Fri;
-CIS game on Saturday;
-lots of contests and freebies for kids and families;

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

User avatar
hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:38 pm
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by hfxbomberfan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:52 am

CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

User avatar
294life
All Star
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by 294life » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:05 am

i'll be there for sure. als fans are contemplating a 'fan plane' idea to get some folk there.
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

User avatar
Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5145
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:33 am
Favourite Team: Ottawa
Location: South Side

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by Glenegade » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Should be a great time! I'll have to see how things go for me. The timing is perfect, but Saskatchewan is going to be such an expensive Grey Cup
Undefeated So Far In 2006!

User avatar
hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:38 pm
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by hfxbomberfan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:17 am

I guess I'll have to do another helmet or something unique for this years TD Atlantic ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

User avatar
Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5145
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:33 am
Favourite Team: Ottawa
Location: South Side

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by Glenegade » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:39 am

Can't wait till Ottawa plays there,
Undefeated So Far In 2006!

User avatar
294life
All Star
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am
Location: happy place

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by 294life » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:38 am

Can't wait til ottawa plays..... in ottawa.
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

User avatar
ArgoDave
Legend
Posts: 19472
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:04 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Contact:

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by ArgoDave » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:09 am

It was a great party the one time I could make it. Wish I could this year but with new job time off for football stuff will be a problem this year.
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

User avatar
hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:38 pm
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by hfxbomberfan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:44 am

ArgoDave wrote:It was a great party the one time I could make it. Wish I could this year but with new job time off for football stuff will be a problem this year.
Dave, I think you might be "sick" for those few days in September ! LOL ! JOIN US ! :? :?
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

User avatar
hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:38 pm
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by hfxbomberfan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:47 am

294life wrote:i'll be there for sure. als fans are contemplating a 'fan plane' idea to get some folk there.
294, Sure hope to meet you at our Meet and Greet, Details TBA. My wife would love to meet other Als fans. She feels outnumbered with our Tiger-Cat/Bomber/Stamps crowd. :rotf:

Have you got your room booked yet ? :cross:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

cflsteve
Rookie
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by cflsteve » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Well even if getting a franchise in the Atlantic Region may not be working out having a traditional TD Atlantic Game in Moncton can do a lot for promotion of the CFL. It brings the CFL to a region where there is none and the people involved from Montcton really seem to be making it a special event.
Finding a team to play one of their home games there each season seems to be an issue.
With the dates for the Argos getting less each season for home games at Rogers Centre and the lack of attendance that the team will have when there may be an odd tuesday night or any week night game due to traffic issues the Argos should come to an agreement with the CFL and Moncton to sign a 3-5 year contract to play one of their home games in the TD Atlantic each year. The CFL and Moncton would have to assure that they would gain financially from such a deal. With the extra sponsors and hype from TSN I am sure that the excitement of the game could generate enough revenue to make a revenue needed franchise like the Argos a deal that would make sense for all parties.
Any Argo fan who is die hard enough to die if they do not get a 9th game at in Toronto could surely get there fix with the CFL mediating a deal with those season ticket holders to assure that enough temp seats will be put up at Pan am Stadium for the Labor day game to give the Argo fans a 9th game in their package.
I am sure however that it may not be that big of an issue and there will be a limited amount who would really bend over backwards to assure that they get there full fix of 9 Argo Games played in the GTA.
The TD Atlantic with Toronto signing on for 3 to 5 years with an assured revenue from the game to be worth their while would be similar to what Toronto is doing with the Bills only people will really be interested in the game and a week long on Mini Grey cup festivities.

8 home game season ticket package for the Argos should work out just fine
Last edited by cflsteve on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cflsteve
Rookie
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by cflsteve » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:03 pm

cflsteve wrote:Well even if getting a franchise in the Atlantic Region may not be working out having a traditional TD Atlantic Game in Moncton can do a lot for promotion of the CFL. It brings the CFL to a region where there is none and the people involved from Montcton really seem to be making it a special event.
Finding a team to play one of their home games there each season seems to be an issue.
With the dates for the Argos getting less each season for home games at Rogers Centre and the lack of attendance that the team will have when there may be an odd tuesday night or any week night game due to traffic issues the Argos should come to an agreement with the CFL and Moncton to sign a 3-5 year contract to play one of their home games in the TD Atlantic each year. The CFL and Moncton would have to assure that they would gain financially from such a deal. With the extra sponsors and hype from TSN I am sure that the excitement of the game could generate enough revenue to make a revenue needed franchise like the Argos a deal that would make sense for all parties.
Any Argo fan who is die hard enough to die if they do not get a 9th game at in Toronto could surely get there fix with the CFL mediating a deal with those season ticket holders to assure that enough temp seats will be put up at Pan am Stadium for the Labor day game to give the Argo fans a 9th game in their package.
I am sure however that it may not be that big of an issue and there will be a limited amount who would really bend over backwards to assure that they get there full fix of 9 Argo Games played in the GTA.
The TD Atlantic with Toronto signing on for 3 to 5 years with an assured revenue from the game to be worth their while would be similar to what Toronto is doing with the Bills only people will really be interested in the game and a week long on Mini Grey cup festivities.

* home game season ticket package for the Argos should work out just fine
The possibility of tying it to an Atlantic Football League neutral site Double header with the two UNB teams squaring off against Holland college and DAL and adding an option for the AFL teams to but a ticket to the TD Altantic as part of their football package would bring some fans from different parts of the Maritimes

User avatar
Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5145
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:33 am
Favourite Team: Ottawa
Location: South Side

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by Glenegade » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:10 am

I would love to see the Maritimes get a team, there rival would be B.C. The battle of who has the real ocean, and it's going to be settled on the CFL field! 4 times zones! How long is that flight? 6&1/2 hours?
Undefeated So Far In 2006!

cflsteve
Rookie
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by cflsteve » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 am

Glenegade wrote:I would love to see the Maritimes get a team, there rival would be B.C. The battle of who has the real ocean, and it's going to be settled on the CFL field! 4 times zones! How long is that flight? 6&1/2 hours?
Heck YA! That will be fantastic for the CFL. Thats how important a 10th team is and especially placing it in the Maritimes. BC will be the only team left without a true Rival starting in 2014. Having their rival being with its Atlantic Coast opposite of the Pacific coast will be a very unique situation that you do not see in pro sports as rivals are usually close within a region.

For now however until that happens having at least a traditional TD Atlantic game with Toronto hosting Montreal each year could be a great source of revenue for the Argos and will be a very highly rated TV game each year as everyone will look forward to the special game each year.

So until someone in Halifax can see how great this will be for the region and the city a well planned out TD Atlantic game in Moncton on perhaps the same week every season giving people a sense of routine and excitement building for the game each year.

User avatar
Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5145
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:33 am
Favourite Team: Ottawa
Location: South Side

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by Glenegade » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:45 pm

Then, and I know Stan will hate me saying this, but Quebec City will get the next team, I think they are more capable and deserving of a team than Moncton. Much bigger city, and great great support for football!
Then Montreal will become their rival, and Ottawa, as the 11th team, will just be watching everyone else play.

Poor Ottawa, nobody doesn't like them... (as far as the CFL goes I'm sayin)
Undefeated So Far In 2006!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests