Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Re: Touchdown Atlantic 2013, Who's Gonna be There ?

Post by Glenegade » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:15 pm

No, I'll admit we've gone way off topic, this is about the game this year, and who's going,
We would have been more appropiate having this in a thread discussing CFL expansion, there's been enough over the years,
Undefeated So Far In 2006!

cflsteve
Rookie

Post by cflsteve » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:06 pm

Glenegade wrote:No, I'll admit we've gone way off topic, this is about the game this year, and who's going,
We would have been more appropiate having this in a thread discussing CFL expansion, there's been enough over the years,
Oh your right I will start another thread

ticatfan
Superstar

Post by ticatfan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:41 am

I will be there again! 3 for 3 in Moncton!

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Glenegade » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:14 am

ticatfan wrote:I will be there again! 3 for 3 in Moncton!
Awesome! Wish I could be there!
I actually tried to convince Cam and Wendy to go there instead of Southern ON for a reg roadie esp since there'll be no game in the Hammer, but Wendy would a rather go to a game where her team is playing, and Cam would rather keep the cost down to make Grey Cup a better go

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by hfxbomberfan » Thu May 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Glenegade wrote:
I actually tried to convince Cam and Wendy to go there instead of Southern ON for a reg roadie esp since there'll be no game in the Hammer, but Wendy would a rather go to a game where her team is playing, and Cam would rather keep the cost down to make Grey Cup a better go
Booooooo Wendy ! It would have been nice to have another Bomber fan to party with ! :D
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Glenegade » Thu May 30, 2013 10:26 pm

hfxbomberfan wrote:
Glenegade wrote:
Booooooo Wendy ! It would have been nice to have another Bomber fan to party with ! :D
GreyCupBankerBabe is actually an Ottawa fan first, we actually have pictures of her wearing the Rough Rider jacket to prove it... It's true...

greycupbankerbabe
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by greycupbankerbabe » Fri May 31, 2013 6:25 am

Glenegade wrote:
hfxbomberfan wrote:
Glenegade wrote:
GreyCupBankerBabe is actually an Ottawa fan first, we actually have pictures of her wearing the Rough Rider jacket to prove it... It's true...
Ok, it looks like I'd better come on here more often again to protect my reputation from all these nasty rumours. Just to clarify....Blue and Gold are my only colors! Nice try Glen.
Stan: the Rough Rider jacket was nice but please don't give Glen any more Ottawa gear as he seems to think that I am his closet and wants to hang everything on me. And he made me wear the jacket in public at Grey Cup! He's not very nice to me sometimes. lol
As far as the Touchdown Atlantic game...yes, it was an option but Glen, Cam and I love to cheer on the Bombers to a win so we decided to watch a game in Guelph this year where the Bombers are playing. Unfortunately, I don't have enough holidays this year to do both. Sounds like a great time though!

cflsteve
Rookie

Post by cflsteve » Fri May 31, 2013 8:06 am

How many tickets have been sold for the game so far ? Is it close to being sold out ?

Ticats85
Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Ticats85 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:32 pm

It's not close to being sold out yet, I went to the website where you can buy tickets, and it says still good availability, you can still buy 8 tickets together in the gold section. Hopefully ticket sales pick up soon.

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Glenegade » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:18 am

Ticats85 wrote:It's not close to being sold out yet, I went to the website where you can buy tickets, and it says still good availability, you can still buy 8 tickets together in the gold section. Hopefully ticket sales pick up soon.
Man I hope it sells out. I hate when people would look at a game that didn't sell out, as a place that couldn't support a cfl team.
that would be like not wanting to spend time with someone else's kid, so they say you'd be a bad parent,

cflsteve
Rookie

Post by cflsteve » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:21 am

I think that once University is back in session for the semester you may see some promotion to at least the three Universities nearest to Moncton with teams in the AFL UNBSJ, UNBF, Holland/UPEI looking for fans, students, and teams with an interest in seeing a pro football game. That is provide that the AFL does not schedule any game for that day.
As for the CIS schools I think that MTA has a home game scheduled for that day showing still a disconnect between the CFL and CIS. Certainly promoting to the University Schools with football teams would be a wise decision as they would most likely be part of the fan base, as football fans, if Moncton does indeed get an expansion team.

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by hfxbomberfan » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:30 pm

greycupbankerbabe wrote:
Glenegade wrote:
hfxbomberfan wrote:
Glenegade wrote:
Ok, it looks like I'd better come on here more often again to protect my reputation from all these nasty rumours. Just to clarify....Blue and Gold are my only colors! Nice try Glen.
Stan: the Rough Rider jacket was nice but please don't give Glen any more Ottawa gear as he seems to think that I am his closet and wants to hang everything on me. And he made me wear the jacket in public at Grey Cup! He's not very nice to me sometimes. lol
As far as the Touchdown Atlantic game...yes, it was an option but Glen, Cam and I love to cheer on the Bombers to a win so we decided to watch a game in Guelph this year where the Bombers are playing. Unfortunately, I don't have enough holidays this year to do both. Sounds like a great time though!
Wendy, Glen is an evil man, LOL ! :devil: :rotf: Although the jacket did look good on you ! :beauty:
We'll toast the 3 of you when we have our Meet-n-Greet in Moncton. :beer:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Glenegade » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:55 pm

The East game is fantastic Wendy! It has such a mini Grey Cup week feel to it,

If Ottawa's there, I am too! That's a promise!

cflsteve
Rookie

Post by cflsteve » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:45 pm

I think it is time that the CFL makes a more aggresive commitment to playing games in Moncton each year to gain the momentum needed to get an expansion team there.
First having one team being the annual home team for the game there each year.
Toronto with its struggle to find dates at Rogers Centre would be the perfect choice. Money Talks and the CFL National Sponsors are now interested in getting involved.
With the Argos having there expenses all paid for by the league and league sponsors as well as an assured some of revenue that would be more than there regular revenue for a home game as well would be something that would interest the Argos greatly I would think.
It would also allow the Argos to lose one of those odd tuesday night games at Rogers Centre that is needed to round out there 9 home games.
Also the thought of moving the Argos last pre season game there with the very poor numbers that show for a pre season game in Toronto to go along with the trouble of securing a date for a pre season home game with the Game this season being played at Varsity.
Take it a step further with the opening game of the season for the Argos being played there vs Montreal each year over a three year period would also show the seriousness and importance that the CFL has in placing a team in the Maritimes.
Beginning to plant two teams in the Maritimes like Toronto and Montreal will give the region of fans a closer look at two teams from the east. Begin some merchandise sales and have them get a chance to see two of the teams that will be the Maritimes team will be competing against each season for the Eastern conference top spot.
Montreal telecast on the French RDS will be particularly great for the French populated hub city.
Can also begin to set up some partnerships with 3 of the 4 new Atlantic Football league university teams UNBSJ, UNBF, and Holland UPEI giving those Communities and campuses a pro team to look to follow in their nearby cmapuses and Communities with Moncton team being able to bring in some players form each school for tryouts and rokkie mini camps each year with the chance to earn a roster spot. The Game may be before the University season begins but there is no reason why the Univeristy teams can not get involved by being invited to attend the game with many players in the Atlantic football league being players for the teams coming from there specific communities.
Also only having 8 games in Toronto each season will drive up the demand for tickets with the lower supply of only 8 games which is still a good amount of home games but one less means one less game to attend for walk up fans.
Even having Ottawa coming in for the final Pre seasongame each year bringing the game and press from the RDS french sports Network for both the French population in Ottawa-Gatineau then followed by the season opener for Toronto hosting the Als at Montcon being planned in advanced over a 3 year period will give it more of a feeling of belonging instead of going into each off season with the game and teams up in the air.
Contimuity of the same teams along with the long term organized commitment ahead of time would for sure bring more people out to the city of Montcon to see the game as well as make the trip knowing that they can make plans well in advance

Ticats85
Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Ticats85 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:16 am

Does anyone else think they might have overpriced the tickets this year? I mean 49$ for end zone seats is a little expensive.