dynasty in Toronto ??

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Superstar
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: dynasty in Toronto ??

Postby Cool » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:52 am

When I saw the notification of a new post for this thread, I thought perfect timing after yesterday's game. lol.

Starter
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Postby Pakalolo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:10 pm

Nice Dynasty ! 18,000 people show up for a Rider game. Who just got bitch slapped !
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...

Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Postby Ticats85 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:25 pm

What does attendance have to do with a dynasty? I wish they had more than 18,000 the other night, but they could have 2000 fans for every game, if they win 4 championships in a row they would still be a dynasty.

Starter

Postby Pakalolo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Ticats85 wrote:What does attendance have to do with a dynasty? I wish they had more than 18,000 the other night, but they could have 2000 fans for every game, if they win 4 championships in a row they would still be a dynasty.

True enough! Its just freakin' disappointing. The Argos finally come up with an exciting team and it seems Mgmnt, Shyte the bed with poor marketing. Where's the fans?
I'm a Lions fan, but I love the Flyin' Hawaiian.
In any other CFL city, these guys would be the hot ticket. Don't anybody tell me the Jays are good entertainment. At this time of year the Argos are No. 1. IMO
It's like "if a tree falls in the forest, does any body hear?"....Well if the Argos get a dynasty, does anybody care?

Superstar

Postby cfldave » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:36 pm

I'll bet there were a lot of people saying "DYNASTY!" for BC after their 2011 win. And last year they had a team a hell of a lot better than the current edition of the Argos. I sincerely doubt there is a dynasty in the making for the Argos.
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back

Rookie

Postby Ticats85 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Argo fans must be concerned about the injuries to Ricky Ray and Kackert, long term injuries to these 2 would be devastating for them

Superstar
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Postby Cool » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:54 am

They were up moving around by the end of the game.

Superstar

Postby cfldave » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:21 pm

I don't know how long Kackert and Ray will be out but the Argo offense is pretty good and has depth so while they are clearly major losses I doubt the Argos will collapse offensively. Besides the Argos are in a very poor division this year and it won't take much to get to the playoffs.
After this weekend the Argos are likely to be in first place all alone with a 2 and 2 record. I wouldn't be surprised to see first place this year go to a .500 team.

As for dynasty, on the early going it would seem that Calgary, Sask and BC are all better than Toronto and the chances of them repeating, especially with where their defense is today, are not good.

Starter

Postby Pakalolo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:53 pm

I wouldn't say Calgary.

Rookie

Postby Ticats85 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:57 pm

I'd say Calgary, they look pretty good no matter what QB is playing. Not many teams in the CFL have the same production that the Stamps have when the back up is in. Calgary is probably the best team in the CFL behind Saskatchewan

Superstar

Postby cfldave » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:12 pm

One thing that would help is a team that draws 30K to a game so the revenue is there to pay the big bucks (for the CFL) to keep and attract the stars. Since that is not happening at the Rogers Centre and we can't reasonably expect Braily to shell out for both his teams the prospect of a real dynasty in Toronto is small. Unless of course some kind CFL loving soul with more money than brains comes along and builds a custom facility for the Argos. If Winnipeg can do it surely Toronto can too.

Previous

Return to Canadian Professional Football