Moderator: Referees

Fierylake
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Enough retro

Post by Fierylake » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Rider fan here,
Has anyone else had enough of the "retro night"
Because of this the riders have the second ugliest third jersey ( the ugliest goes to the Bombers gold jersey)
I don't know about anyone else but I miss seeing the riders in black.
Bring Back the Black Rider Jersey!

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Re: Enough retro

Post by Glenegade » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Fierylake wrote:Rider fan here,
Because of this the riders have the second ugliest third jersey ( the ugliest goes to the Bombers gold jersey)
The Black jersey is back, It's Ottawa's!
Undefeated So Far In 2006!

argonaut11xx
Starter
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by argonaut11xx » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:34 pm

I am looking forward to the Argo's bringing back the boat logo, when they celebrate the 30th aniversary of the 1983 Grey Cup this season.

Cool
Superstar
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Cool » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:32 pm

I like the Bomber Gold and with Blue numbering and pants. I think it looks great.

Love the retro wear. Toronto's 70's jersey and helmet are awsome. As with argonaut11xx, I'm looking forward to the boat logo for the 30th anniversary as well.

Ticats85
Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Ticats85 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:49 pm

I'm a big fan of those retro Montreal jerseys, the all red one's with the wings on the helmet, really sharp and like the Ticats retro jersey as well. I personally enjoy the retro nights, always cool to see the old uniforms, and it's only once a year, so I don't think its overdone.

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Post by Glenegade » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:14 am

I've heard Ottawa is going to have 3 jerseys available this year. You should have your home and away jersey available before the team hits the field I believe, but I think they should wait till they're playing before introducing that 3rd one.
Undefeated So Far In 2006!

BCRiderFan
All Star

Post by BCRiderFan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Glenegade wrote:
Fierylake wrote:Rider fan here,
The Black jersey is back, It's Ottawa's!
The black jerseys suck. Our colours are green and white. And I love pretty much all the teams retros, wish they were the full time jerseys. The modern jerseys are nowhere near as good as the iconic classics

Pakalolo
Starter
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by Pakalolo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:13 pm

I love the retros. It's a 100 year plus league. Let's celebrate the design and style of all the eras. Why be Grumpy. Let's be Happy.
I don't think I'll ever understand the posts that Rider fans share with us....LOL :wink:
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:10 am

Hopefully the Stamps go back to their classic red and white jerseys next year, so they don't have the same colours as the Redblacks, not sure how Stamps fans feel but I prefer Calgary in red and white.

Hollywood2
Champion

Post by Hollywood2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:01 pm

Ticats85 wrote:Hopefully the Stamps go back to their classic red and white jerseys next year, so they don't have the same colours as the Redblacks, not sure how Stamps fans feel but I prefer Calgary in red and white.
Agree. The league had one team with each major colour scheme, but for purple and yellow. That is being saved for an expansion team, I guess.
August 8, 1961
HAMILTON TIGER-CATS 38
BUFFALO BILLS 21
The Tiger-Cats are the reigning champions of CFL/NFL football.

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by D » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:50 am

Hollywood2 wrote: Agree. The league had one team with each major colour scheme, but for purple and yellow. That is being saved for an expansion team, I guess.
Real Football teams don't wear purple :cowboy:

I like the retro jerseys, some are bad but most are better than the regular jerseys and it's nice to see a change
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Minnesota Vikings? The Purple People Eaters. They used to be a powerhouse.
During the late 1960s, the Vikings built a powerful defense known as the Purple People Eaters, led by Alan Page, Carl Eller, Gary Larsen, and Jim Marshall.[19] In 1968, that stingy defense earned the Vikings their first Central Division title and their first playoff berth.[15]

. During the late 1960s, the Vikings built a powerful defense known as the Purple People Eaters, led by Alan Page, Carl Eller, Gary Larsen, and Jim Marshall.[19] In 1968, that stingy defense earned the Vikings their first Central Division title and their first playoff berth.[15]

In 1969, the Vikings went 12–2, the best record in the NFL,[18] and had 12 straight regular-season victories, after a season-opening loss to the New York Giants, which was the longest single-season winning streak in 35 years.[20] The Vikings defeated the Cleveland Browns 27–7 in the last NFL Championship Game on January 4, 1970, at Metropolitan Stadium. Minnesota became the first modern NFL expansion team to win an NFL Championship Game,[18] and earned a berth in Super Bowl IV; however, the heavily favored Vikings lost that game to the Kansas City Chiefs, 23–7.[21] The team MVP that season was Joe Kapp, who threw for seven touchdowns against the Baltimore Colts – still an all-time NFL record; however, Kapp refused to accept the award, stating, "There is not one most valuable Viking... there are 40 most valuable Vikings!
Joe Kapp
Bud Grant
Purple CAN be cool. :beer:
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...

calgaryred
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Calgary Stampeders

Post by calgaryred » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:32 pm

I love the retro jersey's!!!!! I hope the CFL continues showcasing its history in the different uniforms

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:44 pm

D wrote:
Hollywood2 wrote: Agree. The league had one team with each major colour scheme, but for purple and yellow. That is being saved for an expansion team, I guess.
Real Football teams don't wear purple :cowboy:

I like the retro jerseys, some are bad but most are better than the regular jerseys and it's nice to see a change
Damn Ravens aren't real ??

Seriously though, as teenagers, we won back-to-back Vancouver & District championships, sporting purple and gold for Ian Anderson.
Steveston Packers. Real enough for me.
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.