Ticat game plan

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Pakalolo
Starter
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Ticat game plan

Post by Pakalolo » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Orlando Steinauer seems like he's a little fish in a shark club. A rookie qb starter and no pressure? Open Shmoe receivers every where.This Cat defence made Reilly look good, and he wasn't.
Burris seemed more of a rookie than Reilly. Over thrown and underthrown passes gets you no where.
Note to returners. "high school football 101"... secure the ball. THEN run. I think they even dictate that rule in Pop Warner leagues.
As far as I'm concerned...the wrong team won.
IMO
What a lousy wet season opener for Cat fans. Are they putting a roof over your new stadium?
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...

Ticats85
Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Re: Ticat game plan

Post by Ticats85 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Ya the defense has been bad, real bad, I think they will improve, but they need to get more pressure from the D-Line, the secondary doesn't have much of a chance if the QB has 5 steamboats to pass the ball every play. Injuries on both sides of the ball doesn't help either. If they don't beat the Bombers this week I will start to panic.

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Any one who loses to WTF buck should worry. I don't think the Cat defence should nail the guy, but he should fear for his safety. Although it's been reported ,he's not smart enough to keep himself safe.
I hope the Cats have a nice day...weather wise.

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:58 am

Yes if his defense gets taken apart by Winnipeg he should start to worry for his job safety, the bombers haven't exactly been lighting it up offensively so far. I'm worried about Chad Simpson running all over them, the Cats were brutal against the run last year and it looks like it's continuing this season. Weather is supposed to be very nice in Guelph on Saturday, 25 and sunny according to the weather network.

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:03 pm

Lots of points from the O.
This is the hard part...no INT. by Burris.

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:47 pm

The difference between a great coach and a not so great one. Kavis threatens "there will be consequences" and there are none, Austin threatens nothing but takes big time action.

HAMILTON -- The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have released linebacker Markeith Knowlton and defensive back James Patrick.
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:41 am

I was shocked by the release of Knowlton yesterday, but no so shocked at the signing of Brandon Issac today, known for his questionable hits on QB's he has the reputation of one of the dirtiest players in the league, but maybe that's what they need not dirty play but more physicality and intensity. only time will tell if these 2 moves pay off, I trust Austin is steering the Cats in the right direction.

Mowich
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by Mowich » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:06 am

Ticats85 wrote:I was shocked by the release of Knowlton yesterday, but no so shocked at the signing of Brandon Issac today, known for his questionable hits on QB's he has the reputation of one of the dirtiest players in the league, but maybe that's what they need not dirty play but more physicality and intensity. only time will tell if these 2 moves pay off, I trust Austin is steering the Cats in the right direction.
I hope that Kent will be able to reign in his temper a bit - it was embarrassing to see him ream out player after player on the sidelines. You know things aren't going well when the Coach gets in a shouting match with his QB. He also needs to find a way of instilling more discipline on the team - you don't win games by giving away valuable yardage especially when you have just intercepted the ball only to see that nullified by a penalty - that interception could have been a real spark for the team.