best game this week?

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Pakalolo
Starter
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Re: best game this week?

Post by Pakalolo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:49 pm

This game is getting very disappointing!
How is it that Goltz is going 'toe- to -to' with Lulay. What a terrible offence from the Lions...Oh...yea...it's Chap ball. Don't worry Lions. Ottawa won't touch that guy. TOO BAD!!
If the lions are playing, don't expect an exciting game. I think I'll pass on a game when I come down to the coast.
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...

Ticats85
Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Ticats85 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:17 am

That was a tough one to watch, what us going on with the Lions offence? Is it the play calling? or is Lulay simply not as good as we thought he was? Way to often they go 2 and out and Lulay smacks his hands and runs off the field, their defence keeps them in games and then they manage to score TD's late but the first 3 quarters they play like garbage.

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Week 8
Fri. night football.
2 games on Sat.
1 game on Sun.
Well, there goes my 'Honey-Do' list...or finishing the Tree house.
However...these games don't look very good. The Stumps vs. Lions might be good, if you could figure out which team shows up for the Lions. I've heard it called "Chap Ball", or "Jaque Ball". At this point of the season, neither one looks or sounds good. I've seen Bighill vs. a QB in the open field twice. He lost both times. Ha!
I think I like the Ti cats vs the Bummers. Burris is best in the league with his passing game.
Als and Riders might be good if AC gets his SHhtuff together. I wonder if Devine survives the week.
The Shmoes? vs Argos? :rotf: Hey Evil Empire...It's not too late to get Adrian McPhearson. Reilly is leading the league with INT....WTF Buck is 2nd.
After thinking it through...the tree fort WILL be finished this week-end.
I don't think Ham. will disappoint. Fri. night football rules.

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:13 am

Cal vs BC would seem to be the best game on paper this weekend but who knows, EDM vs Ham was a pretty good game a couple weeks ago and looked like it would be a stinker. As for Reilly I still think he is going to be a good starting QB, he's not getting a lot of help from his O-Line, he may lead the league in INT's but he has shown glimpses of his potential greatness.

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:07 am

Week 8
Ham. vs Bummers looks good. Especially after the Bummers got Marcel Bellefeuille on their coaching staff. He was a pretty good coach. Just never could get over that last hurdle and into the finals. :13thman:

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm going with Hamilton versus Winnipeg, two inept teams that could have a great game, not quality wise, but fan entertainment wise. Lots of missed hits, fumbles, turnovers, punt returns and maybe even a little scoring. The best game but for all the wrong reasons.
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:49 pm

So Winnipeg and Hamilton did turn out to be the "best" game of the weekend, for all the wrong reasons of course.

I hope both Sask and Calgary are hanging their heads in shame today for cheating their fans by not showing up for their respective games. Sask especially put on what I can only describe as a disgusting performance in a game that they should have walked away in a rout, especially considering the injuries to Montreal.

I sincerely hope Rob Bagg is OK. He doesn't deserve what announcers were saying, without saying, what would amount to another season ending (and possibly career ending) injury.

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Best game this weekend goes to the Tor-Edm game, over 900 yards passing combined for Ray and Reilly. It was a really fun game to watch if not for a missed FG by Shaw this game could have went to OT.

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:00 am

It wasn't good to me. 900 yards of offense is so mickey mouse. That Argo defense was just pathetic. Kudos to Reilly and company but anytime a defense gives up that kind of yardage it's time to start kicking some butt.

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:26 am

I'm with CFLDave. Argos let the Shmoes come back, over and over again. Avery hot and cold both offence and defence. A few more ball hawks for TO, and those Reilly throws are easy Interceptions.
If Prefontaine didn't hit the upright Whytes miss would be a mute point.
Under 20,000 for this game. I hope they have some one who knows what they're doing in marketing.

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:06 am

cfldave wrote:So Winnipeg and Hamilton did turn out to be the "best" game of the weekend, for all the wrong reasons of course.

I hope both Sask and Calgary are hanging their heads in shame today for cheating their fans by not showing up for their respective games. Sask especially put on what I can only describe as a disgusting performance in a game that they should have walked away in a rout, especially considering the injuries to Montreal.

I sincerely hope Rob Bagg is OK. He doesn't deserve what announcers were saying, without saying, what would amount to another season ending (and possibly career ending) injury.
The Taylor Field gang were sure giving it to the Green Riders' offence in the third quarter. Boo the Queen lately ??
5-1 sure doesn't get much in Riderville. Wonder what 6-1 will get.

Bagg's injury is just the dumbest of dumb bad luck. No amount of re-hab is any assurance that the body will follow the brain and the heart.
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:14 am

cfldave wrote:It wasn't good to me. 900 yards of offense is so mickey mouse. That Argo defense was just pathetic. Kudos to Reilly and company but anytime a defense gives up that kind of yardage it's time to start kicking some butt.
I get if your an Argo fan you would be upset with all the yardage against them, but from a pure entertainment stand point I would way rather watch a game like that than a game with a lot of two and out's and a million punts.

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:52 pm

TiCats85 you've got a good point, two and outs and lots of punts can get pretty boring pretty quickly. And yes I'm an Argo fan :?

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:56 am

Why you slamming your head against a wall? if the Ticats were 5-2 I would be dancing in the streets.

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:08 pm

Force of habit built up over many years.