best game this week?

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Pakalolo
Starter
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Re: best game this week?

Post by Pakalolo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Ticats85 wrote:I also agree tonight's BC-Ham game has the potential to be very good. BC are looking to prove their offence isn't too predictable and Hamilton is on a roll. I expect a close game and a high scoring one
Wow! You nailed it.
Of course the good guys won, LOL
Nice to see Bighill ignore QB dance moves. Just hit the guy. I noticed Bene took a chance on a 3rd and goal play like Popp did. Does wonders for moral.
Not much of a run game by either team.
If the Lions keep playing exciting ball, I might just drive down and catch a game.
If they keep playing like that, Ill be looking forward to the western final.
Over 30,000 fans...and they didn't win the Grey Cup last year.
Argoo.. cough, cough, ack... nice marketing strategy from them.
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...

Ticats85
Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Ticats85 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:55 am

Pakalolo wrote:
Ticats85 wrote:I also agree tonight's BC-Ham game has the potential to be very good. BC are looking to prove their offence isn't too predictable and Hamilton is on a roll. I expect a close game and a high scoring one
Wow! You nailed it.
Of course the good guys won, LOL
Nice to see Bighill ignore QB dance moves. Just hit the guy. I noticed Bene took a chance on a 3rd and goal play like Popp did. Does wonders for moral.
Not much of a run game by either team.
If the Lions keep playing exciting ball, I might just drive down and catch a game.
If they keep playing like that, Ill be looking forward to the western final.
Over 30,000 fans...and they didn't win the Grey Cup last year.
Argoo.. cough, cough, ack... nice marketing strategy from them.
Good game between BC and Hamilton for sure, I was peeved on some of the reffing but BC deserved to win they played their best game on offence in many weeks maybe all season. The cats also had a good showing I thought, I look forward to the rematch next week.Also the Ssk-Win game was better than I thought it would be, it was a pretty tight game until the 4th when the Riders ran away with it. 2 good games so far hopefully the next 2 will be even better.

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:26 pm

3 out of 4 games last week were fun games to watch, the exception being the stinker that was Mon-Tor, all rematches this week and my pick for game of the week is the Hamilton Flying WildCats vs the BC Lions. This time the Flying WildCats will prevail!

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Ticats85 wrote:3 out of 4 games last week were fun games to watch, the exception being the stinker that was Mon-Tor, all rematches this week and my pick for game of the week is the Hamilton Flying WildCats vs the BC Lions. This time the Flying WildCats will prevail!
You know I'm a Lions fan! and yet you disrespect me!LOL
Another cat fight.!!!
Lions win! :D

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:24 am

Week 11 is exactly the same as week 10.Nothing different.The cat fight in the west is now in the east. Any other differences?
Argos wont have The flyin' Hawaiian. Rickey Ray,Kackert,now Owens. Zach doesn't look good. I think you can take him off the Redblack radar.

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:37 am

So Zach played a lousy first half and a good second half. Enough for the win. But Toronto did every thing they could to hand the game to Montreal but Montreal was just so bad they couldn't take the gift from Toronto.
Congrats to the Bombers!
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:54 am

Could the game of this week be the clash between the cellar dwellers!

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:11 am

cfldave wrote:Could the game of this week be the clash between the cellar dwellers!
Oh the much anticipated Edm-Wpg match up, who knows it might turn out to be a entertaining game, my pick for game of the week is the Friday night football game between the Cats and Stamps. The Ticats keep getting better every week on both sides of the ball and Calgary are arguably the best team in the league right now.

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:19 pm

I'm not so sure I can agree that Hamilton is improving. Of their 5 wins 3 are against Winnipeg 1 is against Edmonton and only one is against a quality team when they split the home and home series against BC. They have actually lost to Edmonton, had a close match against an injury riddled Argo team and were wiped out by Sask in both their matches.
The rest of the way is going to tell the tale. The next three weeks they play Calgary twice and Montreal once. Then they play Toronto back to back followed by Montreal back to back finishing with Winnipeg. The only "soft" game in that schedule is Winnipeg.
We are going to see if this Hamilton team has a ways to go before they are truly competitive.

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:13 pm

I realize they have beaten weak teams in 3 of their 4 games but In my opinion they are improving, we shall see on Friday, that will be a real test to see if they are for real this year or not

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:07 am

Theres no way I'm going to get excited about a game with two of the worst teams. I think it will be a sad contest.
"What say you" Kavis Reed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r622O7Kh4B4

I' ll say the Argo /Rider match up will be the game to watch. Owens is back. And I think they get their kicker back, Swayze Waters. If they give Zach time to throw, he should be good. They have lots of weapons.
Who the hell knows what team will show up for BC. I certainly won't waste a day off on Sunday to find out.
I shall prey for your cats, Ticats85. I think they'll need lots of positive waves.

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Hey Pakalolo record the BC game just in case it turns out to be one for the ages, then you can watch it without using up your day off.
As for the Argo Rider game I suppose if the Sask team that's shown up the last 2 games shows up again it could be an exciting game that the Argos might even win. But if the real Riders show up it's blowout time for that still very suspect Argo defense.
I'm sticking with the cellar dweller teams, with equal levels of ineptness it could be a real down to the finish thriller.

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Well that Cal-Ham game was interesting. Hamilton damn near pulled off a win and they can thank Bo Levi Mitchell who did a great job of keeping the Ticats in a game where they should have been blown out. 7 times in the red zone, no TD's, three turnovers, what more could Hamilton have asked for, yet still couldn't get it done.
BTW congrats to Henry Burris 50K yards. I was hoping the Stamps would have acknowldged his achievement. Maybe they didn't know. :pass:

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:34 am

cfldave wrote:Well that Cal-Ham game was interesting. Hamilton damn near pulled off a win and they can thank Bo Levi Mitchell who did a great job of keeping the Ticats in a game where they should have been blown out. 7 times in the red zone, no TD's, three turnovers, what more could Hamilton have asked for, yet still couldn't get it done.
BTW congrats to Henry Burris 50K yards. I was hoping the Stamps would have acknowldged his achievement. Maybe they didn't know. :pass:
Good assessment cfldave
Calgary made the Ticats look good. Their special teams were useless And Congi counts as useless as well.. I saw some of the worst tackling since I played in High School. My coach would have called me chicken *poop* and then bench me. You don't try to knock people off their feet. And guys trying one armed tackles :rotf:
Calgary had 5 sacks. Burris threw 2TD's over 400 yds but threw 2 stupid INT. Burris is too old to make those kinds of mistakes. Especially when he's in the red zone trying to win the game.
Nice facemask towards the end. :thdn:
The Ticats need alot more improvement. and I was even giving out some of my positive waves.
BTW congrats to Henry Burris 50K yards
:thup: :good:

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Tough loss for the Ticats, the two missed FG's and Hank's interception deep in Calgary's end really hurt their chances of winning. Calgary executed when they needed to, the fake punt and the 3rd down late in the game were played to perfection.