Get a new job AC !

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Pakalolo
Starter
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Get a new job AC !

Post by Pakalolo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:45 pm

If Wally Buono had anything to do with this team, AC would have retired last year. Give it up old man.
AC is driving the ticket sales downward. Als have Newbies, and thats it!. ADRIAN Mcpherson should have been starting.
Something. Anybody. Please!
vios con dios!
See ya later, eh!
It doesn't have to be about breaking records.
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...

Bobbyp
All Star

Re: Get a new job AC !

Post by Bobbyp » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:11 pm

Ya pretty hard to walk away from 400 000 or 450 000 tho, theyd have to drag me off the field too.
“98% of people will die sometime in their lives.”

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:55 am

No way that Calvillo can be blamed for taking the money which was put on the table.
Does anyone honestly believe that the Al's management were right to max out Calvillo's salary.
Montreal may have to look at trading away assets to get a number two with CFL experience.
Stupid to rush Calvillo back with his latest injury. So says Mr Obvious.
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

Ticats85
Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Ticats85 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:04 am

I think Calvillo will come back this year and finish the season but this will be his final year. He is just one hit away from retirement at this point. I think it's best for him to hang it up after this year, concussions aren't to be messed with and he knows that. I know he wanted to even out his Grey Cup record but He has won 3 and that's still a damn good career.

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:33 pm

I don't think money is the issue. Performance is... I'll say it again. Wally would've cut AC last year. It's not about getting records. ie, Geroy...
There's no way in hell, if i was a coach or GM, that I would let AC back in the line up. It's about the future of this team at this point, and hanging on to a 40 yr old is not the future..IMO

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:57 pm

AC said he still feels like crap today at Montreal practice, I hope this isn't the way his career ends but at this point it's not looking good. Maybe he should hang it up before he takes another big shot and takes even more damage to his head or body.

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:47 pm

I would've thought an athlete nearing his end would want to make the decision himself.Jim popp or an injury shouldn't / shouldn't have made the decision for him. I can't see his paycheck being his motivation. He's a class guy. I think he just loves playing. But he should have said good-bye last year. IMO.

Ticats85
Rookie

Post by Ticats85 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Well looks like AC will be back in time for the playoffs, at least he hopes to be. http://en.montrealalouettes.com/video/index/id/90867

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:20 am

Harsh, but I think you're right. AC should leave now, on top and with his health more or less intact.
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:07 am

Yikes! I don't think I could watch his games. He's practically one hit away from becoming a walking cucumber. I don't care if some doctor okays him and he's not showing any symptoms, it's the wrong thing to do. IMO

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:20 pm

He was on the practice sidelines today and will probably start scrimmaging next week. He needs less than 200 yards to reach 80,000 which would be quite the feat.

The last game in toronto may not matter to either team anyway. In the meantime Troy Smith should be getting his first start this sunday for the als.
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Calvillo won't play again in 2013
http://www.cfl.ca/article/shut-down-cal ... in-in-2013
Montreal Alouettes quarterback Anthony Calvillo will remain on the sidelines for the rest of the season, a decision that casts serious doubt on the prospect of the CFL's all-time passing leader taking the field again.

Calvillo hasn't played since suffering a concussion in a game at Saskatchewan over two months ago. Alouettes general manager and head coach Jim Popp confirmed Friday that Calvillo will not play again this year.

Popp said the decision was reached Friday morning after Calvillo recently had a setback.

"He still can exercise, still train, but he's made a decision to shut it down this season,'' Popp said after practice. "He's not going to return this year and he's going to concentrate on getting his health back where it needs to be.''

Calvillo was injured on Aug. 17 when his head struck the turf following a legal hit by Roughriders defensive end Ricky Foley.

Calvillo suffered from headaches and had vision trouble in the days after the hit. The 41-year-old Los Angeles native later made appearances on the practice field and sat in on team meetings.
There is concern that Calvillo's 20-year career may be over though his plans beyond this season aren't clear. He didn't speak with reporters Friday.
Great decision. I think his health is 10 times more important than breaking some record. Good luck AC. :good:

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Agreed, time to go.
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back