Re: Corey Sheets/Sask.@Montreal

Post by Pakalolo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:40 am

cfl.ca answers your question and more
http://www.cfl.ca/article/2013-cflca-ga ... at-week-14
BC Win OR Edmonton Loss = BC clinches playoff berth

Saskatchewan Win + Edmonton Loss = Saskatchewan clinches playoff berth

Toronto Win = Toronto clinches playoff berth

By the Numbers:

Road Warriors: The Argos will complete a 4-game road trip this week in Edmonton and thus far are 3-0 winning in Montreal, Saskatchewan and Calgary.

In the history of the CFL back to 1958 (when it was first created out of the old WIFU and IRFU leagues), there have been only three previous times where a club played 4 consecutive games in the same season on the road:

1) Calgary (1967): 2-2
2) BC (2001) 1-3
3) Winnipeg (2012) 0-4
4) Toronto (2013) 3-0*

With wins in the first three games, Toronto will have a chance to become the first CFL club to ever win 4 straight road games. Only three of these 4-game runs were in the original CFL schedule for that year.
QB Leaders: The two leading passers in the CFL over the last six weeks based on efficiency will be the starters when the Eskimos take on the Argonauts on Saturday. Together, they have 19 starts between them. Mike Reilly has improved his passer rating from 79.1 over the first 6 games where he ranked #6 at 1,217 yards, up to a CFL-high 107.7 since August 18, 2013. Reilly has turned a 1.00 to 1 TD Pass-Int Ratio into 3.50 to 1 with 14 TDs and only 4 picks.

Meanwhile, Zach Collaros has made the most of his chance, leading Toronto to a 4-1 record as a starter. He ranks #4 in yards since Aug 18th at 1,413. In that 6-game span, his 100.7 rating is #2 behind Reilly and he has 9 TD passes and 10 completions of 30+ yards. Reilly has a CFL-best 17 completions of 30 or more yards in the last 6 games.

169 more for Hank: Henry Burris heads into this week with 50,367 career passing yards, needing just 169 to pass Ron Lancaster (50,535) and move up to #4 among all-time CFL leaders. Burris leads the CFL with 3,765 yards and ranks fifth with a 100.2 efficiency rating. Burris is one of only two quarterbacks to have started all 12 games thus far (plus Mike Reilly).

No two-game losing streaks: The Stampeders haven’t lost two-straight games since July 2012, a span of 27 games. This week, they’ll look to avoid a two-game skid on the road against the Tiger-Cats.

Nine is fine: The Stamps have started nine different receivers this year primarily due to injuries to leaders like Nik Lewis and Maurice Price. A total of 17 different players have caught at least one pass this season and from three different QBs and punter Rob Maver. Six players have lead the team in receiving in a game and none more than twice in a row. Marquay McDaniel has 11 catches for 152 yards and 2 TDs in the last two games.

Still searching: Since 1936 and the birth of the old WIFU, Winnipeg has compiled a regular season record of 599-551-14. This week they are looking for franchise win #600 in game 1,165. Only Edmonton has more than 600 lifetime wins.

Walkoffs!: The last-play field goal by Paul McCallum to win in Regina last week was the 4th such attempt this season in the CFL. Last year there were nine final play field goal attempts, 6 of which were successful (Toronto 2, Montreal, BC, Saskatchewan & Calgary), while 3 clubs missed (Edmonton 2, Montreal 1). Here are the results of all 4 attempts in 2013:

Edmonton vs. Hamilton: Grant Shaw, Missed from 50 yards, EDM 29-HAM 30
Saskatchewan vs. Montreal: Chris Milo, Made from 36 yards, SSK 24, MTL 21
Montreal vs. BC: Sean Whyte, Made from 14 yards, MTL 39, BC 38
Saskatchewan vs. BC: Paul McCallum, Made from 42 yards, BC 24, SSK 22

Shawn Gore’s season broken down: First 7 games: 10 catches, 93 yards. Last 5 games: 19 catches, 239 yards, 5 TDs.

Two and Outs: The Bombers went two-and-out in 11 of their last 13 possessions last week vs Edmonton after a strong start. They scored two TDs and two field goals in their first 5 drives accounting for 173 of their 266 net yards.

Roster Moves:

The Alouettes will once again turn to Josh Neiswander to help lead them under centre. However, don’t be surprised to see Troy Smith enter the game for a possession or two.

In Toronto, Chad Owens will not play once again. Chad Kackert, meanwhile, will be a game-time decision.

The Roughriders will travel to Montreal without the services of tailback Kory Sheets. Sheets is still recovering from a minor ankle sprain suffered two weeks ago.

On Friday night, Winnipeg’s Max Hall will go up against BC’s Thomas DeMarco. It will be interesting to see how former Bomber quarterback Buck Pierce factors into the Lions’ game plan.
Too bad about Chad Owens as well.
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:34 am

Mr.Ronnie wrote:To Everyone;
Does anyone know if Corey Sheets is returning to play in
the game Sask.@Montreal
this weekend,i would like to know Re my prediction?.cheers Mr.Ronnie :cross:
I believe the answer is: no.
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Mr.Ronnie
Playground Hero
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Mr.Ronnie » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks for that,i will go with Montreal to win even without A.Cavillo at QB.Mr.Ronnie

Mr.Ronnie
Playground Hero
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Mr.Ronnie » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:01 am

To Anyone:
I think Cavillo is playing against Sask.today!.With Corey
Sheets out I will deff. go with Montreal to Win today and they are playing at Home in Montreal!.
Mr.Ronnie

Pakalolo
Starter
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by Pakalolo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:49 pm

I think Cavillo is playing against Sask.today!
Where the heck did you hear this?
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...