CFL Week 3 Picks (Pro-Line)

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

ray.a.beau
Playground Scrub

CFL Week 3 Picks (Pro-Line)

Post by ray.a.beau » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:15 am

Winnipeg at Montreal - Winnipeg is for real and they are the underdogs in this one. This is their first game on the road in 2014 so far and they will move to 3-0 and be the talk of the CFL. Drew Willy is the next great CFL QB and will be the Bombers starter for the better part of the next decade barring injury. He has a good chance of taking home the Most Outstanding Player if he keeps it up - which I think he will. Willy wouldn't be as good if it wasn't for his talented receivers. Mike Kelly and Nick Moore are a deadly duo. While Nic Grigsby is the perfect complement to this potent passing game, he leads the CFL in rushing. Montreal seems like the Jekell and Hyde team of the CFL this season and after a win last week, I think there will be a let down. Montreal is not going to win their first two games at home since Calvillio's retirement. I think Montreal will have a great second half of the season but I think they will drop to 1-2 after this game. Troy Smith is still going to be a great CFL QB but Willy will have his number Friday night. Mike O'Shea has a really good chance of being the Coach of the Year, he has really came in and changed the dynamic of the Bombers.

Pick : Winnipeg

Ottawa at Edmonton - Redblacks are a good explansion team with awesome new-age Rough Rider jerseies. It's like the Rough Riders never left, just evolved with time and changed to a better name. The Redblacks have quite a few ex-Eskimos such as T.J Hill, Brandon Lang, and Marcus Henry. Expect those guys to play hard against their former team. Chevon Walker is for real this season, he is probably the biggest duel threat at running back this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he was an All-Star at season's end. Pat Watkins was a hell of a free agent signing by the Esk and makes this D a scary one to play against, and along with Joe Burnett are probably the top CB duo in the CFL. While Odell Willis and Howard might be the top DE duo. Chris Jones has instantly made the Eskimos defense one of the best in the CFL and there D might be too much for Burris on Friday night especially playing in Edmonton. Edmonton fans deserve a 3-0 start and will get it but it could be closer than people think.

Pick: Edmonton but very good chance this one could be within 3 points

Calgary at Toronto - A rematch of the 2012 Grey Cup, Week 2 player of the week Andre Durie won't be suiting up for the next 6-8 weeks and that hurts the Argos. Anthony Coombs, groomed as the next great Canadian running back, will get his first start and will make some big plays but won't outplay Jon Cornish, who will show that he is the top Canadian running back in the game and top running back in general. Cornish is uncertain for the game though but even if he doesn't play, Canadian running back Matt Walter could have a big game. He has been waiting for this chance the last couple of seasons and the guy has talent. His career average yards per carry is 5.6. Bo Levi Mitchell doesn't want to hear about a QB controversy so he will again be ready to play and just like Ricky Ray lost to first year starter Drew Willy in week 1, Ray will lose to another first year CFL starting QB. The running backs are the big story in this game and whichever one has the best game likely wins the game and remember the name Matt Walter. It should be a close one though.

Pick : Calgary but my first pick is TIE ( within 3 points )

B.C at Saskatchewan - Saskatchewan are coming off a loss for the first time in a while and are back at home and B.C is 0-2 ... Uh - Oh for B.C. Expect Foley and Chick to disrupt Glenn and a young offensive line all game. Anthony Allen is slowly making Roughrider fans forget about Kory Sheets and after this game will speed up the process, he should have a big game. He is second in the CFL with 158 yards rushing. While Foley and Chick sit 3rd and 5th respectively in CFL sack leaders. B.C running backs Andrew Harris and Stefan Logan are stuggling, they won't all season but they won't do enough this game to get B.C their first win of the season. B.C will drop to 0-3 and there will be panic. Love the Messam signing by Saskatchewan, the former Most Outstanding Canadian is the perfect complement to Anthony Allen in the backfield. He is eager to show that he can still play and the change of sceney will do him well.

Pick : Saskatchewan

Ray A. Beau