Introduce Yourselves!

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

gizmo fan 2
Superstar
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Post by gizmo fan 2 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:10 pm

Hey all, I'm gizmo fan 2, age 17, net alias attributed to one of the greatest kick returners who ever lived and my favourite Eskimo growing up. I've lived in Edmonton all my life, I started going to games in 92 when I was 6, since then have grown not only to love the Eskimos but the entire CFL brand of football.
I'm graduating this year, not sure what I'll go into for university, chances are it will be at U of Alberta though. Hobbies...watching sports is definitely the major one, CFL's my favourite by far, but I also like hockey, lacrosse and soccer.
I've missed 1 home game in each of the past 2 seasons, my goal this upcoming year is to make every single Esks game, home and road. I'm definitely planning to make a road trip to Saskatchewan, and probably BC and Calgary as well. East of that will be harder...transportation is not a problem, I have connections in the industry, but accommodation and tickets will probably be more difficult, as I fit the definition of "poor student" pretty well. Time could also be an issue, but I'll see what happens.

Anyway, looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you this season.
We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:14 pm

gizmo fan 2 wrote:Hey all, I'm gizmo fan 2, age 17, net alias attributed to one of the greatest kick returners who ever lived and my favourite Eskimo growing up. I've lived in Edmonton all my life, I started going to games in 92 when I was 6, since then have grown not only to love the Eskimos but the entire CFL brand of football.
I'm graduating this year, not sure what I'll go into for university, chances are it will be at U of Alberta though. Hobbies...watching sports is definitely the major one, CFL's my favourite by far, but I also like hockey, lacrosse and soccer.
I've missed 1 home game in each of the past 2 seasons, my goal this upcoming year is to make every single Esks game, home and road. I'm definitely planning to make a road trip to Saskatchewan, and probably BC and Calgary as well. East of that will be harder...transportation is not a problem, I have connections in the industry, but accommodation and tickets will probably be more difficult, as I fit the definition of "poor student" pretty well. Time could also be an issue, but I'll see what happens.

Ya. It will be tough getting tickets in Toronto or Hamilton. :devil:
But seriously. Good luck in your quest. I still haven't seen Molson Stad. Great goal :beauty:
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

greengirl88
Superstar
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by greengirl88 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:15 pm

Terencius wrote:My teams are the Saskatchewan Roughriders and ANY team that plays against the Edmonton Eskimos.

:rotf: :clap: :clap: :clap: .... Just exclude Bombers and I'm on board with that!
In hockey, Again, I have two favorite teams, the Montreal Canadiens and ANYONE who plays the Tornto Make- beliefis .

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :beauty:
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1

greengirl88
Superstar

Post by greengirl88 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:18 pm

gizmo fan 2 wrote:Hey all, I'm gizmo fan 2, age 17, net alias attributed to one of the greatest kick returners who ever lived and my favourite Eskimo growing up. I've lived in Edmonton all my life, I started going to games in 92 when I was 6, since then have grown not only to love the Eskimos but the entire CFL brand of football.

:clap: Good goal. Go see the Esks get killed at Taylor Field (we may have issues at Commonwealth, but Taylor Field's a different turf) :)
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
-- Stargate SG-1

gizmo fan 2
Superstar

Post by gizmo fan 2 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:20 pm

GreyCupGarry wrote:
But seriously. Good luck in your quest. I still haven't seen Molson Stad. Great goal :beauty:

Thanks, GCG :beauty: . Yeah, I was thinking more tough to get tickets in Montreal than Toronto or Hamilton. :) Any Als fans know where one could go about acquiring Als tickets outside of Montreal?

gizmo fan 2
Superstar

Post by gizmo fan 2 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:24 pm

greengirl88 wrote:
:clap: Good goal. Go see the Esks get killed at Taylor Field (we may have issues at Commonwealth, but Taylor Field's a different turf) :)

Hahaha...nice try, but we just broke that jinx. (Grey Cup, anyone? :beauty: ) Plus, we're undefeated at TF in November...if you get a home playoff game next year against us, that will enter into it. :) However, I don't know if we would be undefeated there in that month if you played more games there during that time :devil: .

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:26 pm

gizmo fan 2 wrote:
GreyCupGarry wrote:

Thanks, GCG :beauty: . Yeah, I was thinking more tough to get tickets in Montreal than Toronto or Hamilton. :) Any Als fans know where one could go about acquiring Als tickets outside of Montreal?

When he sked comes out...contact me.
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

gizmo fan 2
Superstar

Post by gizmo fan 2 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:30 pm

GreyCupGarry wrote:
gizmo fan 2 wrote:
GreyCupGarry wrote:

When he sked comes out...contact me.

Will do. :beauty: Thanks a lot!

greengirl88
Superstar

Post by greengirl88 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:33 pm

gizmo fan 2 wrote:
greengirl88 wrote:

Hahaha...nice try, but we just broke that jinx. (Grey Cup, anyone? :beauty: ) Plus, we're undefeated at TF in November...if you get a home playoff game next year against us, that will enter into it. :) However, I don't know if we would be undefeated there in that month if you played more games there during that time :devil: .

:roll:

We have yet to see if that jinx will be broken for regular season games.
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
-- Stargate SG-1

Pravda
Superstar

Post by Pravda » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:34 pm

Name is Ron and I'm 43 and married to the lovely Irene. (Ya Hoagie ... IT"S TRUE!!! :) )

Was the biggest Argo fan on the Net from 1994-2002 posting under the handle "Argonut". Most prolific poster in Total-CFL history and claims to fame include the creation of the CFL Flatlanders literary series, the first Virutal CFL Fan Club site for the Greatest One ... The Wayne. And the host of the only John Huard fan site in existance.

In 2003 decided to become the greatest fan of all teams when I took the 13th man handle of Cancflfan.

After a year of unbiased support of all 9 teams in a truthful manner, my 2004 handle was born to reflect that.

I go to games in both Hamilton and Toronto.

2005. :clap:
"Drunk on swish. Makin out with a dirty dog. Eating pizza crust out of a dumpster. You're a Ticat fan Julien!" - Bubbles, TPB

SAMSQUANCH!

A: 17
C: 1755

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by greycupgarry » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:38 pm

Pravda wrote:Name is Ron and I'm 43 and married to the lovely Irene. (Ya Hoagie ... IT"S TRUE!!! :) )

Was the biggest Argo fan on the Net from 1994-2002 posting under the handle "Argonut". Most prolific poster in Total-CFL history and claims to fame include the creation of the CFL Flatlanders literary series, the first Virutal CFL Fan Club site for the Greatest One ... The Wayne. And the host of the only John Huard fan site in existance.

In 2003 decided to become the greatest fan of all teams when I took the 13th man handle of Cancflfan.

After a year of unbiased support of all 9 teams in a truthful manner, my 2004 handle was born to reflect that.

I go to games in both Hamilton and Toronto.

2005. :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

gizmo fan 2
Superstar

Post by gizmo fan 2 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:42 pm

greengirl88 wrote:
gizmo fan 2 wrote:
greengirl88 wrote:

:roll:

We have yet to see if that jinx will be broken for regular season games.

That we do, but you never said anything about regular season games...you only mentioned the Taylor Field turf, which we won on.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:43 pm

greengirl88 wrote:
iso_55 wrote:iso_55... Name comes from a running play in football & the fact the CFL is unique with a 55 yard line stripe. Grew up in Winnipeg & have been following CFL football as far back as the clouds of my memories allow, which would be 1962 as a 7 year old. (Hazy memories of the Fog Bowl on grainy black & white tv)... What were all the adults getting all excited about anyway watching some game??
Well, over the next few years, I'd find out... :D
I began to get serious about football as a young teenager in & around 1967 & 68. Rabid Bomber fan until I moved out to Calgary in 1990 & now the Stamps are my team with the Bombers a close second.

The Bombers are someone's close second?? :o

Don't forget, I started following the Bombers in 1967 seriously & moved to Calgary in 1990 so I have a few more years of memories in Winnipeg. But the 1990's were awesome if you were a Stamps fan.

gizmo fan 2
Superstar

Post by gizmo fan 2 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:44 pm

iso_55 wrote:
greengirl88 wrote:
iso_55 wrote:iso_55... Name comes from a running play in football & the fact the CFL is unique with a 55 yard line stripe. Grew up in Winnipeg & have been following CFL football as far back as the clouds of my memories allow, which would be 1962 as a 7 year old. (Hazy memories of the Fog Bowl on grainy black & white tv)... What were all the adults getting all excited about anyway watching some game??
Well, over the next few years, I'd find out... :D
I began to get serious about football as a young teenager in & around 1967 & 68. Rabid Bomber fan until I moved out to Calgary in 1990 & now the Stamps are my team with the Bombers a close second.

The Bombers are someone's close second?? :o

Don't forget, I started following the Bombers in 1967 seriously & moved to Calgary in 1990 so I have a few more years of memories in Winnipeg. But the 1990's were awesome if you were a Stamps fan.

I'll bet they were...nearly every Labour Day I was always doing the same thing... :? :? :?

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:46 pm

GreyCupGarry wrote:
iso_55 wrote:Sounds like you have a pretty good life & an understanding wife GCG... :D :thup:

Thanks ISO55. Shes a party animal too. No grey cup though. And damn she took up golf this year too. oh well :beauty:

When I met my wife in 1985 she was a hockey fan. :o: Man, did I ever have to set her straight!! :lol: (Actually I had Bomber season tickets & I took her to every game). She came around in less than 1 season! (Fast learner) :beauty:
Last edited by iso_55 on Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.