Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

greengirl88
Superstar
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by greengirl88 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:47 pm

iso_55 wrote:
greengirl88 wrote:
iso_55 wrote:iso_55... Name comes from a running play in football & the fact the CFL is unique with a 55 yard line stripe. Grew up in Winnipeg & have been following CFL football as far back as the clouds of my memories allow, which would be 1962 as a 7 year old. (Hazy memories of the Fog Bowl on grainy black & white tv)... What were all the adults getting all excited about anyway watching some game??
Well, over the next few years, I'd find out... :D
I began to get serious about football as a young teenager in & around 1967 & 68. Rabid Bomber fan until I moved out to Calgary in 1990 & now the Stamps are my team with the Bombers a close second.

The Bombers are someone's close second?? :o

Don't forget, I started following the Bombers in 1967 seriously & moved to Calgary in 1990 so I have a few more years of memories in Winnipeg. But the 1990's were awesome if you were a Stamps fan.

Makes sense... I'm still wrapping my brain around the Bombers having any fans, though :hypno:
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1

greengirl88
Superstar

Post by greengirl88 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:48 pm

gizmo fan 2 wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
greengirl88 wrote:
iso_55 wrote:iso_55... Name comes from a running play in football & the fact the CFL is unique with a 55 yard line stripe. Grew up in Winnipeg & have been following CFL football as far back as the clouds of my memories allow, which would be 1962 as a 7 year old. (Hazy memories of the Fog Bowl on grainy black & white tv)... What were all the adults getting all excited about anyway watching some game??
I began to get serious about football as a young teenager in & around 1967 & 68. Rabid Bomber fan until I moved out to Calgary in 1990 & now the Stamps are my team with the Bombers a close second.

Don't forget, I started following the Bombers in 1967 seriously & moved to Calgary in 1990 so I have a few more years of memories in Winnipeg. But the 1990's were awesome if you were a Stamps fan.

I'll bet they were...nearly every Labour Day I was always doing the same thing... :? :? :?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
-- Stargate SG-1

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:49 pm

greengirl88 wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
greengirl88 wrote:

Makes sense... I'm still wrapping my brain around the Bombers having any fans, though :hypno:

The Bombers have great fans...

greengirl88
Superstar

Post by greengirl88 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:49 pm

iso_55 wrote:
GreyCupGarry wrote:
iso_55 wrote:Sounds like you have a pretty good life & an understanding wife GCG... :D :thup:

Thanks ISO55. Shes a party animal too. No grey cup though. And damn she took up golf this year too. oh well :beauty:

When I met my wife in 1985 she was a hockey fan. :o: Man, did I ever have to set her straight!! :lol: (Actually I had Bomber season tickets & I took her to every game). She came around in less than 1 season! (Fast learner) :beauty:

Good job on the CFL thing :beauty: But what's wrong with hockey?
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
-- Stargate SG-1

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:52 pm

iso_55 wrote:
greengirl88 wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
greengirl88 wrote:

if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

greengirl88
Superstar

Post by greengirl88 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:54 pm

GreyCupGarry wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
greengirl88 wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
greengirl88 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf:

Fine, I accept they have fans ... still haven't figured out why :) They look so sad!
Last edited by greengirl88 on Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
-- Stargate SG-1

gizmo fan 2
Superstar
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Post by gizmo fan 2 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:55 pm

GreyCupGarry wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
greengirl88 wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
greengirl88 wrote:

:rotf: Oooooh...game and set to GCG! :beauty:
We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:05 pm

greengirl88 wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
GreyCupGarry wrote:
iso_55 wrote:Sounds like you have a pretty good life & an understanding wife GCG... :D :thup:

Thanks ISO55. Shes a party animal too. No grey cup though. And damn she took up golf this year too. oh well :beauty:

When I met my wife in 1985 she was a hockey fan. :o: Man, did I ever have to set her straight!! :lol: (Actually I had Bomber season tickets & I took her to every game). She came around in less than 1 season! (Fast learner) :beauty:

Good job on the CFL thing :beauty: But what's wrong with hockey?

Nothing's wrong with hockey. Her ex boyfriend was a hockey fan & took her to more than a few Jets games. She'd never been to a Bomber game before she met me. Now, she's a real Stamps fan just like my youngest son is.

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:32 pm

Pravda wrote: Was the biggest Argo fan on the Net from 1994-2002 posting under the handle "Argonut".:

Ahem.

You lost the crown in 2000 when I came along. 8)

But you are right that Irene is a lovely person and you were the biggest blabbermouth on Total.

2 out of 3 ain't bad Ron. :)
Last edited by ArgoDave on Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:42 pm

Most of you know who I am, and I bet a few wish they didn't. :rotf: I'm about as passionate an Argo fan as you'd ever want to meet, assuming you'd want to meet one... :argo:

That fact that I'm a Mod here only goes to show how open-minded and fair our host is, and the outrage it causes among some is a continued source of amusement to me. :rotf: (hey wouldn't life be boring if we all thought the same?) I will do what I can tho to keep this board running shipshape.

But I'd be more than happy to sit down, have a beer and watch a game with any of you fine people. :beer: yes, even Tigger.... :o :devil:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

larz-7
Hall of Famer

Post by larz-7 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:55 pm

hi my name is larry lawrence or lorenzo or hey you. i am 45 this march and have been an argo fan for as long as i can remember. after a great run in the music business my bus got stuck in winnipeg and thats where it has stayed for some time.love the cfl and meeting people across this country. :beer: i love to hate the bombers
humans are the only creatures on this planet that let their children back in after they leave home )B Cosby

greengirl88
Superstar

Post by greengirl88 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:13 pm

larz-7 wrote:hi my name is larry lawrence or lorenzo or hey you. i am 45 this march and have been an argo fan for as long as i can remember. after a great run in the music business my bus got stuck in winnipeg and thats where it has stayed for some time.love the cfl and meeting people across this country. :beer: i love to hate the bombers

Don't we all? :beer:
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
-- Stargate SG-1

Stampimo
Rookie

Post by Stampimo » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:16 pm

My name is Jake. I used to post in spurts a fair bit at Total, where some may recall me as Stampimo or as Pope Paragon. I've come over to 13thman, but don't post very much because I spend the great majority of my time writing for the Gateway, including this bit of filler from Grey Cup week.

Pravda
Superstar

Post by Pravda » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:31 pm

You lost the crown in 2000 when I came along.

Sorry. You don't take a crown by just showing up. :)

It took a while to earn the spot. :)
"Drunk on swish. Makin out with a dirty dog. Eating pizza crust out of a dumpster. You're a Ticat fan Julien!" - Bubbles, TPB

SAMSQUANCH!

A: 17
C: 1755

tigger
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by tigger » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:40 pm

hfxbomberfan wrote:Hfxbomberfan here or otherwise known as "Stan in Halifax,NS." Been a Bomber fan since my Dad took me to my first game in Winnipeg when I was 12. Started playing football just because of that game.

In the Navy for 18 years and on the countdown, only seven more years to go for retirement ! Married with one son, 14, also a damn fine football player. Both of us diehard St.Mary's University football fans(Huskies).

I live with the enemy, though ! My wife is an Al's fan and my son is an Eskies fan.
:o :? :o :? :o :? :o :? :o :? :o :? :o :? :? :o :? :o :? :o :? :o :? :o

:beauty: :beer: :? Crap My Wife/Mother OutLaw is a Argo Fan :thdn: