hello,
i am new here.
i like playing video games.
are you ?

294life
All Star

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Post by 294life » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:05 am

ok i'm from montreal and 29 was the day the als won the 2009 GC. It was also the number of Jimmy Hunter with the NY Yankees who died of ALS sept. 9 1999 (9999) a cause that has become dear to me and 4 is for gehrig as well. I was born in NYC.

I knew argodave back in 2000-01 on the Yahoo group called kick the rouge which still exists if anyone wants to read our now historical posts. 10 games left before we crown another champ and i hope we'll have fun til then.
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Tater
Playground Scrub

Post by Tater » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Hey all, new here.
Big CFl fan...don't really have a fav team...depends on who's playing...more of "players" guy.
(Tate, Lulay, Simon, Dressler, Pierce, Stala, Owens...list goes on)
Just moved to the Niagara area from Calgary - lived there for 20 years, originally from Manitoba.
Season ticket holder for many years in Calgary, and now for the past 2 seasons for the Ti-cats.
Love the CFL, been to a game in every city but Regina - need to rectify that someday- including 2 Grey cups.
Anyways, like to chat, offer opinions etc... though not super knowledgeable, so don't jump all over me :beg:

Thanks all
- I'm a Tater!!

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:17 am

Welcome Jerry

A new face is always welcome!
Lest We Forget!

arkangel3
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by arkangel3 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Greeting from the home of the Champion NFL New York Football Giants. They have always been my passion, along with the game of professional football itself. You see, I'm 51 and I grew up in possibly the greatest era of Pro Football EVER. In the States you had the established, starchy, staid, and take no chances NFL and the take no prisoners shoot 'em outs of the Namaths in New York for the Jets and the "mad Bomber" in Oakland. And there was this other league...one that always fascinated me but when you're 8 and following two leagues was enough. Then along comes this thing called a merger...you try and explain that to a 9 year old as to why his league is suddenly gone. Well, sort of. Why the Steelers were okaying the Chargers in something called an "American Football Conference"?

As much as I loved my Giants, watched them every Sunday, I watched Namath and the Jets and Lenny Dawson and George Blanda and John Hadl to Lance Alworth. I loved the AFL. So when it came time to celebrate the 50th anniversary of what truly changed the game on both sides of the borders, the AFL, I became immersed in getting as much anniversary gear as I possibly could.

And then I began to go back and start to do some more research on a game that I had followed since college (1979-1983...where there was a CFL team about half the time I was there). I sided with the Argos for number of years after the league decided to fold the Als/Concordes/Als...and then came North America. And then came the Stallions. And then came that Grey Cup...and then came them moving back to Montreal...I was back in action with a league I love.

Last year was the first year I honestly sat down and watched whatever Als games I could get (or Winnipeg; my other team I root for) on the Computer...or Argos games as my oldest daughter caught the fever of the CFl...or my youngest who from Day One picked the Lions and rooted hard for BC all year...or my wife who roots for Saskatchewan. It was either on TV, or camped into my office (thank God I have a 27" Mac, LOL!) on ESPN3. Next year I want to go to an Als game in Montreal against BC...that would be special.

So you have a football loving family who is finally getting used to the rules (not me...I KNOW that rulebook) and may actually become involved with a league that begins in July and ends in November. I'm ordering as much gear as I can: have the league jacket and every cap from every team. My daughters will order more as will my wife. And everyone will ask what is the team from, and they get a story of this awesome football league north or our border...who is older than ours is...and may have actually invented the game...

It's the CFL, and there ain't nothing like it. I love my Giants, and I love my CFL!

prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by prairiedog » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:42 am

arkangel3 wrote:or my wife who roots for Saskatchewan.
Your wife is a very wise lady. ;)

Welcome, welcome. I love the NFL too, as soon as Grey Cup is over, I turn my full attention to NFL just in time for the playoff races.
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

lochiel lark
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by lochiel lark » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:48 pm

good day canada. montreal alouette fan. can't wait for k/off dominion day '12. only alouette flag flying in lake placid ny usa.

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:12 am

You got that right. Way to long before the start of the new season. It will be interesting to see how the Als fare this year. A lot of turnover on their team. Welcome, welcome.
Lest We Forget!

jrt55555
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Argos Fan UK

Post by jrt55555 » Sat May 19, 2012 10:47 am

Hello there, Toronto Argonauts fan from all the way over in the United Kingdom here.

I got into the CFL for the first time in 2010 when I was in Toronto visiting my girlfriend's parents who live in the GTA. Kept seeing highlights and news reports on the TV of the CFL games and then tried watching a game on TSN and fell in love with the sport. Later that summer I got my first taste of live a live CFL game when I went to watch Bombers @ Argos at the Rogers Centre and the deal was sealed; I was an Argonauts fan.

Back in the UK I've been following the sport via the net over the last 2 seasons. I watch every Toronto game and try to watch as many other games as I have time to. I also then went on to start watching the NFL and have adopted the Eagles as my team there.

On my way back over to Toronto for this summer at the end of June and will be staying until the end of August so I plan to fit in plenty of CFL viewing over that time and will be sure to catch an Argos home game or two.

Look forward to chatting with some fellow CFL fans on here; there ain't a whole lot of them near me!

LET'S GO ARGOS!

BCCaper
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by BCCaper » Sun May 20, 2012 1:25 am

Hey CFL fans, BCCaper here.

A little background on my nick. I moved to beautiful BC 2 years ago from Cape Breton in Nova Scotia. Its a tribute to my new home and my roots. I guess by now you've probably also guessed that I'm a big fan of the BC Lions.

I'm 27 years old and getting married in August this summer. My fiance is a great girl who's also just as big of a football fan as I am. Unfortunately I can't consider myself a veteran football fan as I'm sure is the majority on this forum. It's only been about 4 years that I've actually been following football. Growing up I used to watch hockey and baseball with my grandparents a lot but lost interest in sports in my teens. It didn't help that my parents and most of my friends aren't sports fans so I had no way to relate to it at home or when I was hanging out with friends so I stopped following sports almost entirely for about 10 years.

Shortly after I was 24 I got into football while watching it with some new friends over some beers. I loved the action and excitement of the game and fell in love with the sport and haven't looked back. My love of football stared with the NFL and didn't become a real passion til I moved to Vancouver and started watching the Canadian game. This summer marks my 3rd CFL season and could not be more excited for it. I'm proud to call myself a fan of the Lions. Since becoming a football fan my interest in hockey and baseball have returned. During this off season my fiance and I bought season tickets for the first time.

Our first live CFL game was last September in the last game at Empire Field vs the Argos. For me this my first EVER live football game, I had never been to a game at any level prior to then. My fiance had been to a few CIS games. We were also fortunate enough to get to go the Western Final at BC Place.

Looking forward to many more seasons cheering on the Pride of British Columbia!

theasfldotcom
Playground Scrub

Post by theasfldotcom » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Howdy,

Fan from all the way down in South Florida. Still trying to figure out who the root for at this point. At this point I just root for whoever I pick in a given game.

Truchement
Playground Scrub

Post by Truchement » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:49 pm

RIDERS FAN IN WATERLOO

Anyone know CFL fans in Waterloo? Does nobody watch football here? It's crazy!! I would love to meet some Argos fans so we can hurl insults at each other...or beers....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mowich
Playground Scrub

Post by Mowich » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:45 pm

Howdy. I am a life-long Rider fan having attended my first game as a baby - or so my Dad told me. I moved to BC a few decades ago but 'once a Rider fan, always a Rider fan' and I always look forward to game day. I love the CFL and follow all the teams. I also have a favorite Eastern team - the Hamilton Ti-Cats.

SamTheSkipper
Playground Scrub

Introducing Myself

Post by SamTheSkipper » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:28 am

Hey Guys!
Im SamTheSkipper. My name is Sam, and I LOVE the CFL. I root for every team equally, I just REALLY love the sport. Check out this video with Melissa DiMarco! its from the grey cup weekend in Toronto! SO FUNNY!
http://youtu.be/4dMf1WxD9Bs

Pakalolo
Starter
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by Pakalolo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:16 pm

So I've read all 70 pages of introductions....Just kidding. 'Ive lurked for awhile and found out this is a stress free forum. I've been to other fan forum sights, and found them to be belligerant, condescending, and very negative. A few of them are here, and their exactly the same, but...oh well.
This sight seems like alot of fun. My knowledge of stats, player personnel is limited...players come and go...but there are a few posters who may make me educate myself in this respect, but I hope I don't embarrass myself.
I love the Argos... then the BC Lions(should have kept Geroy)...and my wife loves the Lions.
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...