Introduce Yourselves!

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Post by greycupgarry » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:15 am

Solar Max wrote:
greycupgarry wrote:Hello Mr. Kettle. :tease:
ticatfan wrote:Hello Mr. Pot
Tea will be served in the conservatory promptly at 3. Please dress.

That means wear clothes.

:8)
Doesn't matter. Randy has two pairs of items in his closet. His Ti-cat "We won the Grey Cup some time ago" T-shirt and his blue jeans. :tease:
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

mackdknife
Playground Scrub

Post by mackdknife » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:28 pm

bishandmeox0.th.jpg
Hey all you lunatic CFLers, Mackdknife here. Mackdwife and I are HUGE DBL Blue fans and CFL Loonies too... It's very amusing to read some of the humorous and heartfelt posts, some give me the chills.
We have a beautiful game and some awesome defenders of it!
I am doing some research for a proposed CFL TV program and I would appreciate hearing from you guys and gals about things you would like to see in a CFL TV program. What makes our game spacial? How can we make young football fans and sports fans in general sit up and take notice of our league? We need wake up the national identity and boast 3 down ball without knocking our neighbours.
This is a very real plan, and we could all play a vital role in , not only in our league's survival but in it's ability to flourish in a market that demands exciting cool brave new ideas and concepts!

Thanks in advance...
We are One #1 :canada:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by D » Tue May 06, 2008 9:41 am

welcome mac

a couple of the things I love about our game vs the NFL is ..... everyone in team personel is accessable .... you can go to practice and appoach players and coaches .... I don't think that's the case down south because of the dollars and egos involved.

I also feel the rules up here are much more exciting ..... The NFL may have the sizzle of slick marketing but we have the steak of a solid rule structure
I own The Grey Cup! .com

cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by cossack » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:55 pm

Welcome sacker and mackdknife! :beer:
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!

brettinhalifax
Rookie

Post by brettinhalifax » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:02 am

Hi everyone, I'm experiencing CFL withdrawal symptoms out here in Halifax. I grew up in Calgary and lived in Edmonton for about 10 years. Season tickets in Calgary, but Edmonton was the only CFL town I just couldn't bring myself to buy season tickets because the Eskies are my 9th favorite CFL team. Even when there are only 8 teams in the league, they're still my 9th favorite team. I would have been one of those jerks showing up every week with an opposition jersey on. Well, I cheered for them against the American teams, but that's it.

So now I'm a St. Mary's Huskies fan. 4 home games won't be enough, so I'll have to go to Acadia and St. FX games too. At least until I can save up enough to build a stadium, then Atlantic Schooners all the way!

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:40 pm

Welcome, Brett, and enjoy your stay. :beer:
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:21 am

Welome all newcomers since my absence!!!!
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

jay64
Rookie

Post by jay64 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:22 pm

Im new to this forum, but I also post in the Zone and at the CFL.ca site. I am a Rider fan, and a Habs fan. A great combo if you ask me , lol.

cunninglinguist
Superstar
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by cunninglinguist » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi, I'm cunninglinguist... and I'm looking at mounting a comeback.
As LL Cool J once said "Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years"

cunninglinguist
Superstar

Post by cunninglinguist » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:57 pm

Oh... by the way, gcg. I heard Doug Flutie was planning on making a comeback.

I missed being around on here. I was at Grey Cup in T.O., planning on making it annual and catching up with some of you in person. Ran in to ping in a bar in T.O.. Not sure if he remembers :D
As LL Cool J once said "Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years"

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by greycupgarry » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:13 am

cunninglinguist wrote:Oh... by the way, gcg. I heard Doug Flutie was planning on making a comeback.

I missed being around on here. I was at Grey Cup in T.O., planning on making it annual and catching up with some of you in person. Ran in to ping in a bar in T.O.. Not sure if he remembers :D
Being a pharmacist - You can look after my meds during Grey Cup :beauty:

CFL is Our Game
Playground Scrub

Post by CFL is Our Game » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:48 pm

Hi, just joined the group and would like to say that I have watched the CFL from the 1960's and the first collectibles I had were the colour trading cards of the Post Cereal boxes. Loved the colours of the different uniforms in a time of black & white television.
I've kept my love of the game and currently I am a CFL researcher and video archivist.
I also belong to the new 'Canadian Football Research Society" and I think a lot of the posters on this site would be valuable members of our group, which is endorsed by the CFL.
If anyone would like to join or need more info, please let me know.

MoreMegaphone
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by MoreMegaphone » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:58 pm

Hey folks... Just new to the group and have been a huge sports fan - Bombers, Jets, Team Canada and anything else that involves cheering!

Bombers finally got their first win last week! Yipee! Go Bombers Go!

greengirl88
Superstar

Post by greengirl88 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:04 pm

Welcome, MoreMegaphone! It's a great site, it really is... just don't take anyone too seriously :tease: and you'll get along just fine! :beer:
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1