Introduce Yourselves!

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

admin
Starter

Introduce Yourselves!

Post by admin » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:54 am

OK so the last time we did this the thread got lost in the move :roll:

but ..... You can't keep a good 13thman down so Please introduce yourselves again :beauty:
"You can observe a lot just by watching." Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach

Big J
Hall of Famer

Post by Big J » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:30 am

Okey Dokey...

I'm Big J, anyone who has sen the picture of me and Suitor come up on the front page knows where the nick comes from, I'm a rabid fan of the greatest team in the CFL the Saskatchewan Roughriders. I'm also one of your friendly neighbourhood moderators on this fine site so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Oh ya... :argo: Argos Suck :argo:

OrangeShoes99
Superstar

Post by OrangeShoes99 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:23 am

Orangeshoes99, 35, Male, Married, (Sorry Ladies)

I am a rabid fan of the "real" greatest team in the CFL the BC Lions. ;)

I too am a moderator on the site, so if Big J can't answer your question, ask me! :)

My nickname hails from one of the most colourfull and talented defensive ends to ever play in the CFL, Nick "Orangeshoes" Hebeler. :D

I look forward to meeting some 13thmen and women at this years Grey Cup in Ottawa. :beauty:
All together for 3rdDown..."Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaaa!"
CFL Fans Fight Cancer - See how you can help at http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com

The Silver Stampeder
Superstar

Post by The Silver Stampeder » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:02 am

Silver Stampeder, future owner of the Calgary Stampeders, getting married next January, sit in Section B-Zarre at McMahon Stadium. I was the Fritos Fandemonium winner for Calgary two years in a row, and I've been featured in every major media outlet in town. My group throws the best tailgate parties in Canada (the gauntlet's been thrown down!), and the nickname was born after the costume I wear to every game, which includes a pair of MC Hammer-ish silver parachute pants :)

Joepritch2
Champion

Post by Joepritch2 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:03 am

Joepritch2, 20, Male, Goin' Steady

I am a rabid fan of the "real" America's Team, the Green Bay Packers. I also enjoy the CFL, and especially enjoyed it when it was on TV down here, but we all know that hasn't been happening lately....

I am also a moderator on the site, so if you have a question, ask Big J or Orangeshoes99. :) If they can't answer your question, then ask me. 8)

Alswin
Champion
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by Alswin » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:19 am

Alswin, 34, Male, Married, no kids yet,
I am a big sports fan in general, with all the Montreal teams being my favorites aswell as Chargers and Grizzlies. I am getting season tickets this up coming season from a friend who is giving them up in section X at Molson stadium. I met Ping, The Silver Stampeder and other great people at last year's Grey Cup with Glenegade and hope to meet many more in Ottawa this year.

tigger
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by tigger » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:30 am

Tigger: 40 something, Married in denial :o, I have 2 children 20 and 15. I Work as a Millwright.

I have been in The Canadian Forces Reserves for 32 yrs, currently hold the rank as a Lieutenant, serving with a Army Cadet Unit. I also do volunteer work aboard The HMCS Haida. http://www3.sympatico.ca/hrc/haida/home.htm

I am a collector of TiCat collectables :ticat: . I have 2 favourite CFL teams: TiCats and any Team that beats the Argos... :clap: This will be my 20th Grey Cup. :beauty:

I am also a moderator on the site, so if you have a question, ask Joepritch2, Big J or Orangeshoes99. If they can't answer your question, then ask me. :rotf: :fb: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Last edited by tigger on Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:38 am

iso_55... Name comes from a running play in football & the fact the CFL is unique with a 55 yard line stripe. Grew up in Winnipeg & have been following CFL football as far back as the clouds of my memories allow, which would be 1962 as a 7 year old. (Hazy memories of the Fog Bowl on grainy black & white tv)... What were all the adults getting all excited about anyway watching some game??
Well, over the next few years, I'd find out... :D
I began to get serious about football as a young teenager in & around 1967 & 68. Rabid Bomber fan until I moved out to Calgary in 1990 & now the Stamps are my team with the Bombers a close second. I have truly been fortunate to see some great games & some great ones play over the years in the CFL.
Here are some of my CFL thoughts regarding the last 41 1/2 years.

All Time Favourite Player: Dave "The Knife" Raimey (rb Blue Bombers 1965-69)

All Time Greatest Opposition Offensive Player: Ron Lancaster (qb Riders 1963-78 )

All Time Greatest Opposition Defensive Player: Dan Kepley (mlb Eskimos 1975-83)

Greatest All Time CFL Team: Edmonton Eskimos (Grey Cup Winners 1978 thru 82)

Greatest Coach: Bud Grant, Winnipeg: 1957-66. Four Grey Cup victories in 6 tries.

Most Disappointing Loss: Bombers 1972 Western Final loss to Saskatchewan

Greatest Win: 1991 Western Final: Stamps beat Eskies in Commonwealth.

Most Surprising Win (tie): Bombers 1988 Grey Cup victory over Lions
Stamps win over Winnipeg in 2001 Grey Cup

Nicest Stadium: McMahon Stadium, Calgary

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:27 am

I guess my parents liked the grey cup.
Last edited by greycupgarry on Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:36 am

Sounds like you have a pretty good life & an understanding wife GCG... :D :thup:
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

greengirl88
Superstar
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by greengirl88 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:56 am

I'm greengirl88. I'm a huge Riders fan, and have been going to CFL games for as long as I can remember (which isn't that long; I'm only 17).

I live in Edmonton, have for 3 years ... I miss Taylor Field and that's about it in Regina! I've lived in a few places around Saskatchewan, Regina being my least favourite....

I'm graduating this year and hope to head back to Regina for a game or two before University starts! And of course, see every Riders game here.

I love going to Riders games here(the ones we win even more! and there's been a couple), and dressing up like the crazy Riders fan I am ... I also enjoy wearing a portion of my Riders gear to non-Riders Esks games! :D And randomly shouting out Go Riders Go ... Hehehe!
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1

greengirl88
Superstar
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by greengirl88 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:57 am

iso_55 wrote:iso_55... Name comes from a running play in football & the fact the CFL is unique with a 55 yard line stripe. Grew up in Winnipeg & have been following CFL football as far back as the clouds of my memories allow, which would be 1962 as a 7 year old. (Hazy memories of the Fog Bowl on grainy black & white tv)... What were all the adults getting all excited about anyway watching some game??
Well, over the next few years, I'd find out... :D
I began to get serious about football as a young teenager in & around 1967 & 68. Rabid Bomber fan until I moved out to Calgary in 1990 & now the Stamps are my team with the Bombers a close second.

The Bombers are someone's close second?? :o
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:02 am

iso_55 wrote:Sounds like you have a pretty good life & an understanding wife GCG... :D :thup:

Thanks ISO55. Shes a party animal too. No grey cup though. And damn :? :? :? she took up golf this year too. oh well :beauty:
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

Ab
Champion

Post by Ab » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:11 am

Greetings and salutations. My name is Ab. Mr. Moo is actually my dog, a Chinese Shar Pei but I also use it as net alias. I'm 35, married with a two year old daughter and another due in May. I'm a fan of the Tiger-Cats, but I follow the CFL in general as I've lived in Kenora, Winnipeg, Hamilton and Calgary. The Packers are my favorite NFL team and one day I hope to get a chance to catch a game at Lambeau Field. :beer:
Last edited by Ab on Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

pumagirl
Rookie

Post by pumagirl » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:32 am

Hubby introduced me to the CFL in 86'. He has been watching the Lions play since he was about 9. since 86' Ive been watching football on tv with him. The 99' grey cup in Vancouver changed my life! I was so impressed by all the people who came from all over the country all sporting the home team colors, even the ones who had no chance of their team even being at the grey cup. I had such a great time that we went out and bought season tickets for us the very next year. We live about 4 hours outside of Vancouver but make every effort to attend as many games as possible each year. As you can see by a portion of my picture I love to avidly support my team, and have gottem so into the Lions and the CFL that I have made my own Bright orand and black wig and often where face paint and have made a whole outfit for our home games, which I wear depending on my mood. LOVIN THE CFL....I can't wait until the next Vancouver grey cup or maybe this year I will win the frito's fandomonium and will see you all in Ottawa.
This site is great, good work D.