Discuss the NFL, NFL in Toronto and NCAA Football

Moderator: Referees

argofan87
Superstar
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Interesting

Post by argofan87 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:37 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=224047&hubname=

Seems just as soon as the CFL season ends then the NFL sets a record for most viewers for a game on TSN. Seems that most TSN football viewers prefer CFL, but maybe will watch the NFL after the CFL season ends.
Ummagumma

Tighthead
Starter

Post by Tighthead » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:10 pm

The record it beat occurred during the CFL season - Sept 18. I think it mainly had to do with the fact that it was two 10-1 teams with huge fan bases. The game got lots of hype, and nothing else was on TV.

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:43 pm

Tighthead wrote:The record it beat occurred during the CFL season - Sept 18. I think it mainly had to do with the fact that it was two 10-1 teams with huge fan bases. The game got lots of hype, and nothing else was on TV.
:whs:
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:02 am

I wonder what number the NFL Network did in the U.S. for this game since they're not on many cable systems due to a huge dispute over $$$. It's amazing that the game was available to a higher percentage of Canadians than Americans.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:18 am

I switched from cable to satellite three weeks ago & I tell you, I love the NFL Network. :beauty:
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

Joepritch2
Champion

Post by Joepritch2 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:59 pm

The NFL does a great job putting it on, a good promotional tool, to be sure, but they delve into the history of the game a lot too.

argofan87
Superstar
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by argofan87 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:45 pm

Joepritch2 wrote:The NFL does a great job putting it on, a good promotional tool, to be sure, but they delve into the history of the game a lot too.
The America's Game series they recently did was very well done :beauty:.
Ummagumma

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:46 pm

argolio wrote:I wonder what number the NFL Network did in the U.S. for this game since they're not on many cable systems due to a huge dispute over $$$. It's amazing that the game was available to a higher percentage of Canadians than Americans.
Haven't been able to find anything national... but for the Dallas market it apparently had just slightly over a million and was the most-watched regular season game in history.

It should be noted though, that the local MyNetwork station simulcasted the game and about 75% of the viewership came their way. Evidently before the season began they had negotiated the rights to both games not aired nationally, the other will be Dec 22 against Carolina
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

Spellchecker
All Star
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by Spellchecker » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:13 am

iso_55 wrote:I switched from cable to satellite three weeks ago & I tell you, I love the NFL Network. :beauty:
Didn't your cable provider offer the NFLN? The "nice" people at Shaw have it here in BC anyway.
My message has been posted successfully.