Argos - Bills protest video-or tee shirt sale? (Bills in TO)

Discuss the NFL, NFL in Toronto and NCAA Football

Moderator: Referees

David
All Star

Re: Argos - Bills protest video - or tee shirt sale?

Post by David » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:44 am

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh wrote:
Spellchecker wrote:What a matchup that is going to be! Another reason to go on living ... at least til Dec. 7!

JP Losman versus Cleo Lemon..or..John Beck!! Whoo hoo! :tease:
A Buffalo/Miami matchup means much more to the people in Buffalo than it does to the people in Toronto. To people in Toronto, it means seeing a perennially mediocre team in the Bills against an awful team from Miami. Unfortunately for Buffalo fans, they have lost a chance to see one of their biggest rivals this season. From a football standpoint, this doesn't do much for the Bills as they are letting a warm weather opponent play in a dome as opposed to playing in frigid Buffalo.
Interesting poll right now on the Sportsnet.ca homepage:

What is your interest level for the Bills vs. Dolphins at the Rogers Centre?

At the time of writing, 75% of nearly 4,700 respondents had little or no interest in the game.

DH :8)

Vancouver's like a bowl of cereal: what ain't fruits or nuts is flakes.

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:14 pm

At the time of writing, 75% of nearly 4,700 respondents had little or no interest in the game.
If the poll was about the Grey Cup ... the numbers would be about the same. :wink:
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

wizardjagon
Starter

Post by wizardjagon » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:22 pm

I really thinks if Ralph Wilson kicks the bucket in the next few years it will be between Toronto and LA. I don't see LA losing in this battle. Here's the latest on the 75,000 stadium that would get built.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351752

Tighthead
Starter

Post by Tighthead » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:18 pm

wizardjagon wrote:I really thinks if Ralph Wilson kicks the bucket in the next few years it will be between Toronto and LA. I don't see LA losing in this battle. Here's the latest on the 75,000 stadium that would get built.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351752
This could happen, but similar stories have been coming out of LA for yearswith not one shovel of dirt lifted. It is tough to get the local governments onside.

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:03 pm

Ron wrote: Look at it this way. The NFL really doesn't like franchise movement. So the "Toronto" group, thanks to this current deal, are now considered a local interest intending to keep the Bills in the current territory (as the NFL sees it) they now sit in. Any LA scenario (again based on bias since .. like Halifax .. there is no stadium and the NFL wants an expansion fee for that deal)) would be a relocation situation for the Bills.

The avalanche has already begun.
Except for the simple fact we are in a different country, LA isn't. No Borders, passports, criminal records, etc to worry about. Bigger TV market by far. And nicer weather too for an outdoor Superbowl. (quite important to the NFL, they seem to like teams in the south, don't they? That's where a lot of the players come from anyway ) The NFL has never moved to another country before, despite your pal Godfreys efforts and much carpet burns over the years. Why? The Skydump has been there for a long time...and has been too small for a long time too. The biggest risk for the NFL coming here was TO getting the Olympics and a free huge NFL-sized Stadium paid for by the Taxpayers. That never happened. Canadian investors are too cheap to build their own Stadiums. This is a cash grab for all involved but the fans, not an avalanche to those with the insight to see it for what it is and not what they want it to be.

If the NFL doesn't like franchise movement explain please why so many teams have moved over the years? Colts, Browns, Rams, Raiders all come to mind. They all moved despite what the NFL wanted or didn't want. Owners move for money and better Stadium deals to make money, period. if that guy in LA makes the best offer for the Bills when RW dies and has a Stadium plan going or in place already the NFL will give it's blessing, rest assured of that. Keep the money in the USA is their motto I bet.
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:24 am

Here is what being a loyal and longstanding fan has gotten me m in response to 'opting in' to the Bills crap.
Argo account executive wrote:The cost of the ticket is yet to be determined, you will most likely not have the same seats you have for argos for bills games

Thanks

David Isaacman

Strategic Analyst

Toronto Argonauts Football Club

355 King St. W. Suite 600

Toronto, Ontario

M5V 1J6

----------------------------------------------

Direct 416.341.2729

Mobile 416.722.6026

Email Isaacman@argonauts.on.ca

http://www.argonauts.ca
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

BigRedMachine
Champion
Favourite Team: Calgary Stampeders

Post by BigRedMachine » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:21 am

greycupgarry wrote:Here is what being a loyal and longstanding fan has gotten me m in response to 'opting in' to the Bills crap.
Argo account executive wrote:The cost of the ticket is yet to be determined, you will most likely not have the same seats you have for argos for bills games

Thanks

David Isaacman

Strategic Analyst

Toronto Argonauts Football Club

355 King St. W. Suite 600

Toronto, Ontario

M5V 1J6

----------------------------------------------

Direct 416.341.2729

Mobile 416.722.6026

Email Isaacman@argonauts.on.ca

http://www.argonauts.ca
Sounds like it would kill this guy to thank you for your business and type out a friendly response... :thdn:
"It is people like GreyCupGarry who make the CFL our league, Canada’s league."

-- Jaime Stein, CFL.ca

Randy Brule
Starter
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Post by Randy Brule » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:38 am

I can't believe you won't get the same seats as you have for Argo tickets. What a joke...

DanoT
Playground Hero

Post by DanoT » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:39 am

I just signed up for the Bills/Dolphins ticket lottery, not that I would go, just want to keep abreast of ticket prices and info. A Buffalo newspaper reports that 3000 Bills season ticket holders have signed up for approx. 9000 tickets. The newspaper estimates that the prices will range fro $75 to $300 per ticket. So, for a pair of tickets it will cost $1200 to $8400 for the series.

Looks like all the good seats will go to Bills and Argo season ticket holders with very deep pockets.

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:00 am

Randy Brule wrote:I can't believe you won't get the same seats as you have for Argo tickets. What a joke...
As you can see by Dano's post. Bills fans get first dibs so obviously they might take gcg's Argo seat location before he gets a chance. (gcg is in prime cushy seat territory)

Seriously. Did anyone really think Argo fans would (or should) get ahead of Bills fans in the ticket line??????
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by cossack » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:10 am

Ron wrote:
Randy Brule wrote:I can't believe you won't get the same seats as you have for Argo tickets. What a joke...
As you can see by Dano's post. Bills fans get first dibs so obviously they might take gcg's Argo seat location before he gets a chance. (gcg is in prime cushy seat territory)

Seriously. Did anyone really think Argo fans would (or should) get ahead of Bills fans in the ticket line??????
You're right again Ron. Getting Argo season ticket holders to pay outrageous prices, and then treating them like second class citizens in their own stadium is great marketing. :lol:
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:38 am

cossack wrote:
Ron wrote:

You're right again Ron. Getting Argo season ticket holders to pay outrageous prices, and then treating them like second class citizens in their own stadium is great marketing. :lol:
1. Not their own stadium

2. This is an NFL Bills game ... not an Argo game

3. Nobody is "getting" them to do anything

cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by cossack » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:45 am

Ron wrote:
cossack wrote:
Ron wrote:

1. Not their own stadium

2. This is an NFL Bills game ... not an Argo game

3. Nobody is "getting" them to do anything
I understand that the next phase of the marketing plan involves the first 10,000 Argo season ticket holders who have signed up get a free kick in the groin from Paul Godfrey. :rotf:
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!

CatsEyes
Superstar

Post by CatsEyes » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:02 pm

Spellchecker wrote: JP Losman versus Cleo Lemon..or..John Beck!! Whoo hoo! :tease:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

DanoT
Playground Hero

Post by DanoT » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:27 pm

It just occured to me that this whole Bills play in Toronto group of games is a great deal for Buffalo season ticket holders. They don't have to pay for the pre-season games in TO and the regular season games in TO won't be blacked out in Buffalo regardless of whether there is a sellout or not.
If there is no sellout in TO, then the game will be blacked out in TO only, according to NFL rules.