Discuss the NFL, NFL in Toronto and NCAA Football

Moderator: Referees

Lionsfan73
All Star

Re: College Ball 09

Post by Lionsfan73 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:43 am

Spellchecker wrote:
Lionsfan73 wrote:
Rids wrote:FYI the Pointsettia Bowl had 38,000 show up to watch it.
That's the problem with that game. They're trying to sell tickets to this game when there is a more high profile bowl -The Holiday Bowl - scheduled for the same venue only a week later. And it's not like San Diego is some sort of college football hotbed in the first place. Of course, this is part of what I think is the larger problem with the bowls. They largely abandon the college facilities/atmosphere for antiseptic pro/municipal stadia.
Yes i agree. I was dissapointed when they moved the Fiesta Bowl from Sun Devil Stadium (A college stadium built in the side of a mountain in a great location (Tempe)) to that monstrousity in the middle of the desert. It was great in Tempe, they would have this huge Fiesta Bowl Block party New Years Eve (A Giant Tortilla Chip dropped into a giant bowl of salsa at midnight (not kidding)). Then a couple days later they would have the game a couple of blocks away. Now the block party is still in Tempe on NYE but the game is an hour away in Glendale and its also 4 days later. Not the same. If it wasnt a BCS game theyd have trouble selling the place out for TCU/Boise St this year.

Mark
Starter
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by Mark » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:50 pm

I'm thinking Florida won't fail to show up, This will Tebow's last game..they didn't come to play Bama they were not prepared to face a team who lost to them last year in the SEC and one who played all year to beat Florida.
Bama raked Florida's D for 490 yards ..Cincy won't...I've watched them and Tebow will shred them for $1.50 plus on the ground just saying :wink:
Sourthern Comfort Carry On..
Sweet The Sweet Home Alabama, Roll Tide Roll..

Rids
Superstar

Post by Rids » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:58 pm

Cinci has this bounce back factor though unlike most teams. They don't give up and they have an explosive offense that could really push the Gators.

I'm really torn on it and the only thing I do know is that I'm putting the Sugar Bowl pretty low on the confidence board.
http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country singing wife

Spellchecker
All Star
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by Spellchecker » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:37 am

Lionsfan73 wrote:
Spellchecker wrote:
Lionsfan73 wrote:
Rids wrote:FYI the Pointsettia Bowl had 38,000 show up to watch it.
That's the problem with that game. They're trying to sell tickets to this game when there is a more high profile bowl -The Holiday Bowl - scheduled for the same venue only a week later. And it's not like San Diego is some sort of college football hotbed in the first place. Of course, this is part of what I think is the larger problem with the bowls. They largely abandon the college facilities/atmosphere for antiseptic pro/municipal stadia.
Yes i agree. I was dissapointed when they moved the Fiesta Bowl from Sun Devil Stadium (A college stadium built in the side of a mountain in a great location (Tempe)) to that monstrousity in the middle of the desert. It was great in Tempe, they would have this huge Fiesta Bowl Block party New Years Eve (A Giant Tortilla Chip dropped into a giant bowl of salsa at midnight (not kidding)). Then a couple days later they would have the game a couple of blocks away. Now the block party is still in Tempe on NYE but the game is an hour away in Glendale and its also 4 days later. Not the same. If it wasnt a BCS game theyd have trouble selling the place out for TCU/Boise St this year.
Great points. Yes, Sun Devil is a cool stadium. I have not been in it but on a recent stopover at Sky Harbor my plane went right over it and I got a good look from the air.
My message has been posted successfully.

Mark
Starter
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by Mark » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Well it's all over, the 09 season
I hope everyone enjoyed it, Conferance to Conferance what ever one is near and dear to your heart it was
another good year.

21 SEC Championships
13 National Titles
1 Happy Alabama Fan today
Sourthern Comfort Carry On..
Sweet The Sweet Home Alabama, Roll Tide Roll..