Texas Tech

Discuss the NFL, NFL in Toronto and NCAA Football

Moderator: Referees

Mark
Starter
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Texas Tech

Post by Mark » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:52 pm

I've never had much use for Craig James, not knowing the whole story about what really happened
with his kid Adam at Tech, Mike Leach was fired today for cause.
Young James had a concussion showed up at practice with sunglasses on and Leach sent him to the the interview
room where it was dark and sunlight wouldn't hurt his eyes..yes the interview room video tour on NBC news tonight
the place is huge
Anyway there is he she said thing ..she said the James/ he said the Lawyer for Leach as to what happened
..One thing about the good ole US of A..one can get himself sued big for stuff like this...and if you have big bucks you will shell out some coin
There is something not right with this whole deal..
Sourthern Comfort Carry On..
Sweet The Sweet Home Alabama, Roll Tide Roll..

iso_55
Legend

Re: Texas Tech

Post by iso_55 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:22 pm

Mark wrote:I've never had much use for Craig James, not knowing the whole story about what really happened
with his kid Adam at Tech, Mike Leach was fired today for cause.
Young James had a concussion showed up at practice with sunglasses on and Leach sent him to the the interview
room where it was dark and sunlight wouldn't hurt his eyes..yes the interview room video tour on NBC news tonight
the place is huge
Anyway there is he she said thing ..she said the James/ he said the Lawyer for Leach as to what happened
..One thing about the good ole US of A..one can get himself sued big for stuff like this...and if you have big bucks you will shell out some coin
There is something not right with this whole deal..
I don't think that anyone is disputing that this actually happened. That being said, the guy abused his position as Head Coach & deserved to be fired.
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

Rids
Superstar

Post by Rids » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:44 pm

Well that it happened not once but twice. I've never heard of a sports team putting a player into a dark room for 3 hours and told not to sit or lean as a means to treat a concussion. Regardless the sport, the player or the coach this is uncharted territory.

If the player has a concussion on a road trip like a bowl game is then you leave him in the hotel to rest or with the training staff if there's a serious concern about the player. Most of the time there would be more concern over nausea for a mild concussion and standing wouldn't be a big help in that symptom.
http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country singing wife

Spellchecker
All Star
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by Spellchecker » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:22 pm

iso_55 wrote: the guy abused his position as Head Coach & deserved to be fired.
Not the reason he was fired though - not directly. Tech presented Leach a letter which, if he signed agreeing to its terms he would have been kept on. He refused, and with an $800K bonus due Dec 31 they fired him. If the bonus wasn't looming negotiations might have continued. It's about the money, baby. It always is.
My message has been posted successfully.

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:53 pm

Some CFL connections to the story -- Rider receiver/kick returner Eric Morris, an '09 rookie out of Tech, defended Leach and said Adam James was "never known as a hard worker" and "seemed to have a negative attitude toward the football program the majority of the time."

Graham Harrell and Glenn January also defended Leach.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.