Chris Johnson

Discuss the NFL, NFL in Toronto and NCAA Football

Moderator: Referees

Post Reply
User avatar
Rids
Superstar
Posts: 1083
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Chris Johnson

Post by Rids » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:47 pm

With 9 minutes to go in the last game of the year Chris Johnson has hit 2000 yards. Big year for the little guy with the outstanding combine numbers.

At this point he needs 102 yards more to reach the NFL single season mark.
http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country singing wife

User avatar
iso_55
Legend
Posts: 23849
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:06 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Chris Johnson

Post by iso_55 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Rids wrote:With 9 minutes to go in the last game of the year Chris Johnson has hit 2000 yards. Big year for the little guy with the outstanding combine numbers.

At this point he needs 102 yards more to reach the NFL single season mark.
Great for Johnson but Tennessee has a one dimensional offense & being that "run heavy" wont' ever get them a playoff spot.
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

argolio
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6768
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:03 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Chris Johnson

Post by argolio » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:00 pm

If Vince Young started the whole year, I bet they'd have a playoff spot right now.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

User avatar
Rids
Superstar
Posts: 1083
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: Chris Johnson

Post by Rids » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:27 pm

argolio wrote:If Vince Young started the whole year, I bet they'd have a playoff spot right now.
Agreed. They wouldn't have gone 0-6 to start at least.
http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country singing wife

jacksmith
Playground Scrub
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:24 am

Re: Chris Johnson

Post by jacksmith » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:41 am

There is no doubt that Chris Johnson is excellent player but the team needs more tactical changes to get more reputed position in the playoffs.

User avatar
Rids
Superstar
Posts: 1083
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: Chris Johnson

Post by Rids » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:33 pm

Well the Titans lost Haynesworth (probably the best for the future but tough to replace), had injuries to 3 of the 4 starters in the secondary and lost their middle linebacker to another injury. Even with that they were a game out of the tiebreaker situation and only 2 games out of the playoffs. So take that 0-6 start and have the Titans kick the overtime FG against the Steelers to start the year and run a proper 2 minute drill in the Texans game to send that one to OT and very easily that season is completely different.

However it took an absolute drubbing from New England to force to the QB change so make that game a little (a lot) closer and maybe you're seeing a Titan team under Collins all year fighting St. Louis for the #1 pick.

:popcorn:
http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country singing wife

User avatar
iso_55
Legend
Posts: 23849
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:06 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Chris Johnson

Post by iso_55 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:40 pm

Rids wrote:Well the Titans lost Haynesworth (probably the best for the future but tough to replace), had injuries to 3 of the 4 starters in the secondary and lost their middle linebacker to another injury. Even with that they were a game out of the tiebreaker situation and only 2 games out of the playoffs. So take that 0-6 start and have the Titans kick the overtime FG against the Steelers to start the year and run a proper 2 minute drill in the Texans game to send that one to OT and very easily that season is completely different.

However it took an absolute drubbing from New England to force to the QB change so make that game a little (a lot) closer and maybe you're seeing a Titan team under Collins all year fighting St. Louis for the #1 pick.

:popcorn:
That was Bud Adams telling Jeff Fisher to play Young too, as I recall. Like it wasn't a suggestion. It was an order. I think if Fisher had his way he'd would have stuck with Kerry Collins for the whole season & both would be unemployed right now. The thing is, Fisher's a very good head coach & should have known better but his blind loyalty to Collins was mystifying.
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

User avatar
Rids
Superstar
Posts: 1083
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: Chris Johnson

Post by Rids » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:35 am

Well for Coach Fisher it's fairly straight forward. Kerry Collins plays his style of offense. Pocket QB, careful with the ball and lets the backs do the heavy lifting. Steve McNair was that franchise but he turned into a more or less pocket QB that could run some, however Vince Young is a create QB. If the pass isn't there instead of throwing it 15 rows up he'll always try to make something work. Doesn't fit the Fisher mindset but does win games with that team (seriously that 34 yard run his rookie season in OT to beat the Texans should've thrown that old playbook out the window).

We'll see how this year goes with the new and improved Vince Young that has started to take care of McNair's two boys and has really grown up since sitting out for a season and a half.
http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country singing wife

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest