NFL screws up bigtime on field and booth reveiw!

Discuss the NFL, NFL in Toronto and NCAA Football

Moderator: Referees

1argoholic
Champion

NFL screws up bigtime on field and booth reveiw!

Post by 1argoholic » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:36 pm

How in the hell was that called a bloody catch? He had no contol and the ball ends up on the ground and the play stands. Saints may still have won but they shouldn't have been given that gift.

I've been a Viking fan for a good 40 of my 47 years. All they do is rip out your friggin heart.
The Argoholics, 'Win Or Lose, We Drink The Booze', or
in 2009- "When We Lose, We Need More Booze"

iso_55
Legend

Re: NFL screws up bigtime on field and booth reveiw!

Post by iso_55 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:47 am

1argoholic wrote:How in the hell was that called a bloody catch? He had no contol and the ball ends up on the ground and the play stands. Saints may still have won but they shouldn't have been given that gift.

I've been a Viking fan for a good 40 of my 47 years. All they do is rip out your friggin heart.
I watched the entire game except OT as I had to go out but... that final minute of regulation time... I'm watching the game & screaming at my TV set for the Vikings to hurry up & run some plays to get the ball closer for an easier FG. But instead, they ran only two or three plays off in that final drive. I'm like, "What are they thinking???" Then with the "too many men" penalty, they were forced out of FG range... Why Favre chose to throw THAT PASS when he did instead of running, I will never understand & I bet neither does he....
Brett may have screwed up on that shocking interception but he sure had help today. Adrian "Fumbles" Petersen, Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin & others on that field all contributed to that loss. I also blame Brad Childress & the Vikings OC for not going to a No Huddle offense & quickly running some plays instead of basically running the clock down in regulation time & saying "Let Longwell do it". Bad coaching.
Too bad as the Vikings were to me the better team. Killed themselves. Just bloody killed themselves!! :?
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

1argoholic
Champion

Post by 1argoholic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:26 am

Yah OT was horrible. An over thrown pass that interference was called on. The guy was barely touched. Then the so called catch that the guy had no control of and it hit the ground. That set them up to win it.

This one will bug me for a while. In the NFL you can't get just close. You just might not get another shot for years. I know I've been a Viking fan for as long as I''ve been an Argo fan. Since I was about seven so that's 40 years.
At least in the CFL your team actually wins every once in a while.
The Argoholics, 'Win Or Lose, We Drink The Booze', or
in 2009- "When We Lose, We Need More Booze"

AngeloV
All Star

Post by AngeloV » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:56 pm

I thought it was a good catch.
Hugo has been retired!!!!!

Chief, this information is of the highest security. I insist that we use the cone of silence!

B-17
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by B-17 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:51 am

1argoholic wrote:Yah OT was horrible. An over thrown pass that interference was called on. The guy was barely touched. Then the so called catch that the guy had no control of and it hit the ground. That set them up to win it.

This one will bug me for a while. In the NFL you can't get just close. You just might not get another shot for years. I know I've been a Viking fan for as long as I''ve been an Argo fan. Since I was about seven so that's 40 years.
At least in the CFL your team actually wins every once in a while.
Unles you're a Blue Bombers fan. :beg:
Black holes are where God divided by 0.
- Stephen Wright

Mark
Starter
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by Mark » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:00 pm

They fined the Saints DE 20 G's for the hit that went High/Low on Farve
I'm a Saints fan and a Farve fan and and I like the Vikings..If ever two teams tried to give a game away
I don't recall but I know it will come to me..I was elated and dissappointed at the same time
As they say here Pigs have Flown, Hell has frozen over..the Saints are going to the Super Bowl
Who Dat? Peyton Manning that Who Dat
Sourthern Comfort Carry On..
Sweet The Sweet Home Alabama, Roll Tide Roll..

nelson95
Rookie

Post by nelson95 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:46 am

I thought the catch was good

The screw job was on the placement of the ball on the Saints 4th down

boooooo :thdn:
Give the ball to LEEEERoy!