HOT cheerleaders doing HOT things makes Bombers HOT

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything you'd talk about at the Pub including Smack or Trash Talk.
This Room is named in memorial For Garry Terpstra. A Great CFL Fan and Friend RIP GCG

Moderator: Referees

FootbalYouBet
Hall of Famer

Re: HOT cheerleaders doing HOT things makes Bombers HOT

Post by FootbalYouBet » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Inquiring Mind wrote:
FootbalYouBet wrote:
Inquiring Mind wrote:
FootbalYouBet wrote:
Inquiring Mind wrote:See, I don't think they are really selling themselves as wholesome family entertainment though... I know that's what they like to say, and people romance the roles cheerleaders play, with the dancing, throws and community events... but ultimately having cheerleaders is just peddling sex.

Obviously, they are trying to do so subtly, but on a basic level, that's what it is.
do you have any idea how many cheerleaders you have just insulted, as per one of SP's points.

And maybe they only market those calendars full of cheerleaders wearing micro bikini's to people who only really want to know what day it is :lol:

If these ladies are in denial of what they're really there for, maybe they can use a wake up call
I am guessing that most of these ladies see a difference between what they see as tastefull, and maybe slightly sexY pictures, as opposed to simply "selling sex"
Whatever gets them to sleep at night... don't want them getting bags under their eyes, that wouldn't look good
just incase you didt realize, I meant to say SLIGHTLY SEXY CALENDAR PICTURES, as opposed to the pictures in question here.
Don't confuse me with facts

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:04 pm

What these girls do is their business, if they like doing it... more power to them. I couldn't care less how you justify it in your mind FYB, or what your consider tasteful or not tasteful for that matter. That's your business.

I've been talking about the inherent hypocrisy the football teams operate under in regards to having cheerleaders... not about the philosophy of the cheerleader themselves, why they do it, is their business. I have absolutely no problem with there being cheerleaders, I enjoy eye candy as much as the next hetero sexual male does... but I don't pretend they're there for anything more noble either.
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:24 pm

Sir Purrcival wrote:I don't disagree that there are mixed messages that are inherent with Cheer teams, however the public position is a necessity especially if you want to induce adults to bring the fans of tomorrow to the games. That's why they have family zones, and tickets at 7-ll and all the rest. It is also why they send Cheer Teams out to public events at Hospitals and Elementary schools, fund raisers and what have you. It isn't about the morality as I said, it is about how the behaviour of a few can make it harder for many. Actions that reflect poorly on your employer aren't ever going to welcome by that employer. I am guessing that some of this took place around Grey Cup 2004 (why else Ottawa?) Great way to represent your Team, City and Province by Bare Assing the Houses of Parliament. People will be people but if you want the freedom of a civilian, shed the uniform.
Oh, I agree... I'm not surprised by the fallout or their faux surprise and outrage... I'm just making a point of pointing out the glaring hypocrisy is all :beer:
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:29 pm

:beer:
Lest We Forget!

ping
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by ping » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:09 am

so cool !!!
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

hamcegy
Playground Scrub

Post by hamcegy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:04 am

Can you be a cheerleader in college without any previous experience? I've never been on a team, and my school doesn't have cheerleading since we're all girls. I've always wanted to be a cheerleader though. Is it possible to be on a squad in college?