Aussies tacking over the CFL :)

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything you'd talk about at the Pub including Smack or Trash Talk.
This Room is named in memorial For Garry Terpstra. A Great CFL Fan and Friend RIP GCG

Moderator: Referees

Superstar
Posts: 1677
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:07 pm
Location: Georgia (Originally from Australia)

Aussies tacking over the CFL :)

Postby Kanga-Kucha » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:39 pm

no not really ture, but I;m not the only Aussie thats fanatic bout the CFL anymore.

I'm sorry if this isnt the right forum to put this, but I didnt know where else to put this topic.

you guys hav to see this to believe it.

http://www.mykaussie.com/

http://ca.youtube.com/user/MykAussie

he has even interviewed several CFL stars, inculding Warren Moon and Milt Stegall

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_YC-mUxsgNY

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=3vHW8YINxPM

Amazing eh? I'll try and get this guy to come to our Grey Cup party in Montreal if we hav one.
GO BOMBERS AND WINNIPEG JETS!!!
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 2250
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:07 pm
Location: Bombers territory
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Re: Aussies tacking over the CFL :)

Postby greengirl88 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:00 am

I know when I was in Australia last summer I managed to catch a few people who knew and enjoyed the CFL, it was pretty cool. They definitely seem to like their "footy" down there, in all shapes and sizes so to speak! Very cool.
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:11 pm
Location: Edmonton
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Re: Aussies tacking over the CFL :)

Postby gizmo fan 2 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:00 pm

Might be an Aussie playing in the CFL sometime soon, also......how many years of eligibility does Ollie Burns have left, USask fans?

He'd be a non-import, too.
We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

Hall of Famer
Posts: 9041
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:17 am

Re: Aussies tacking over the CFL :)

Postby BBBob » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:58 am

Kanga-Kucha wrote:no not really ture, but I;m not the only Aussie thats fanatic bout the CFL anymore.

I'm sorry if this isnt the right forum to put this, but I didnt know where else to put this topic.

you guys hav to see this to believe it.

http://www.mykaussie.com/

http://ca.youtube.com/user/MykAussie

he has even interviewed several CFL stars, inculding Warren Moon and Milt Stegall

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_YC-mUxsgNY

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=3vHW8YINxPM

Amazing eh? I'll try and get this guy to come to our Grey Cup party in Montreal if we hav one.


Before the 13thman was born, many of us participated in CFl discussion at http://www.total-cfl.com . Then one day the owner of the site had had enough and "sold" the site to Myk Aussie (nice enough fella). Unfortunately Myk instituted a "pay before you discuss" policy and most fans dropped off the site. At this time D made this site and the rest is history. Fyi, total-cfl is no longer a pay site.

Superstar
Posts: 1677
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:07 pm
Location: Georgia (Originally from Australia)

Re: Aussies tacking over the CFL :)

Postby Kanga-Kucha » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:19 pm

gizmo fan 2 wrote:Might be an Aussie playing in the CFL sometime soon, also......how many years of eligibility does Ollie Burns have left, USask fans?

He'd be a non-import, too.


I hope that our AFL players in the NFL, or thinking bout playing in the NFL, look to the CFL frist, cuz their skills will be better appeasheated.

and of cousre, with the NFLE folding and the american born dominace in the NFL, they would hav a better chance at playing time in the CFL than the NFL. It's not in our blood to just sit and get money.

I would lov it if the frist aussie player in the CFL started for Winnipeg! :D

BTW, what ever happened with Jon Ryan? still in the NFL?
GO BOMBERS AND WINNIPEG JETS!!!
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Champion
User avatar
Posts: 3934
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:39 am
Location: Calgary
Favourite Team: Calgary Stampeders

Re: Aussies tacking over the CFL :)

Postby BigRedMachine » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:47 pm

Kanga-Kucha wrote:
gizmo fan 2 wrote:Might be an Aussie playing in the CFL sometime soon, also......how many years of eligibility does Ollie Burns have left, USask fans?

He'd be a non-import, too.


I hope that our AFL players in the NFL, or thinking bout playing in the NFL, look to the CFL frist, cuz their skills will be better appeasheated.

and of cousre, with the NFLE folding and the american born dominace in the NFL, they would hav a better chance at playing time in the CFL than the NFL. It's not in our blood to just sit and get money.

I would lov it if the frist aussie player in the CFL started for Winnipeg! :D

BTW, what ever happened with Jon Ryan? still in the NFL?


Ryan is still with the Packers. Would have had a front row seat for the Favre soap opera. We all would love the first Aussie to start for Winnipeg as well. Not that there's anything wrong with that... :tease:
"It is people like GreyCupGarry who make the CFL our league, Canada’s league."

-- Jaime Stein, CFL.ca

Return to The GreyCupGarry Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Legal Statement and Privacy Policy

2002 - 2015 Copyright 13thman.com ~ All Rights Reserved
13thman

This website is an independent source of news and information, and is not Officially affiliated with any league, team or school.


Football Canada Grey Cup Champions Canadian CFL News Information British Columbia B.C. BC Alberta Calgary Edmonton Saskatchewan Regina Manitoba Winnipeg Ontario Hamilton Ottawa Toronto Quebec Montreal Halifax Vancouver events tourism travel argonauts redblacks alouettes tiger cats blue bombers roughriders eskimos stampeders lions

Built and maintained by WebDesignIntervention.com