We Need Another WWE Discussion Thread...

Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Referees

iso_55
Legend

Re: We Need Another WWE Discussion Thread...

Post by iso_55 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:58 am

Marty_Gades wrote:I doubt Ric could ever be a heel again. He's just too popular right now and the majority of fans could never boo him.

I think he should step away for the time being. An idea I have for him involves his son Reid, who just joined Championship Wrestling in Florida (one of the WWE's farm systems). Once Reid gets good and gets called up, Ric should jump right in and ask to be his manager. Reid of course is thrilled at the idea. However, they should book Reid to be his own man, so to speak. They could run angles and such where Ric is training Reid not just to wrestle, but also to "style and profile" but Reid either is no good at that, or eventually wants no part of that, because he's all business. I think it would be a good introduction to him.

Anytime I see Reid, he always looks badass, so I hope things work out for him.
We all know wrestler's characters change on a dime... Ric Flair's older son David in WCW was easily one of the worst wrestlers I have ever seen in the squared circle. For all the talent his dad Ric had, his kid had none of it. No style in the ring & no charisma in front of the camera.
Flair had to be embarassed watching David go out & make a fool of himself every week on WCW.
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:36 am

Isn't it funny how Big Show cold cocks Khali & knocks him out with one punch but couldn't do that against the midget Mayweather??? Where do the writers in the WWE get their ideas from anyway & who actually writes that stuff??? Especially less than 2 weeks after Wrestlemania...

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:46 pm

iso_55 wrote:Isn't it funny how Big Show cold cocks Khali & knocks him out with one punch but couldn't do that against the midget Mayweather??? Where do the writers in the WWE get their ideas from anyway & who actually writes that stuff??? Especially less than 2 weeks after Wrestlemania...
Agreed 100%!!

You gotta admit ISO that you loved the whole Khali dancing and gifts performance. What a nice guy and one of the best ever on the mic!

Oh, and in real life Khali is a cop in India. (You have the right to get stomped) Apparently he'll be gone for a month as he's required to spend a month on the job.
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:24 pm

Ron wrote:
iso_55 wrote:Isn't it funny how Big Show cold cocks Khali & knocks him out with one punch but couldn't do that against the midget Mayweather??? Where do the writers in the WWE get their ideas from anyway & who actually writes that stuff??? Especially less than 2 weeks after Wrestlemania...
Agreed 100%!!

You gotta admit ISO that you loved the whole Khali dancing and gifts performance. What a nice guy and one of the best ever on the mic!

Oh, and in real life Khali is a cop in India. (You have the right to get stomped) Apparently he'll be gone for a month as he's required to spend a month on the job.
It's like the writers can't decide what do do with Big Show. Should we make him a good guy, bad guy... what??? When Show left the ring after punching Khali people weren't cheering him... So, they may have inadvertently made Show the bad guy again & Khali the good guy. Whereas the week before the fans wanted Show to kill Khali.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:40 pm

Wow, over 60,000 views & 889 posts. That is impressive... But no comments for almost 3 weeks. I started this thread in January of 2006 because I like the WWE. Back then there was a discussion here as to whether professional wrestling deserved it's own category which was shot down. So, I created this topic so wrestling fans could talk WWE. Does that mean this thread has finally run out of steam & should be retired??? I never thought that this topic would get this large or last this long when I started.
If the opinion is this thread should be closed, I am okay with that as all things have to end sometime.

XGamer
Superstar
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by XGamer » Sun May 04, 2008 7:20 pm

I haven't watch Raw or WWE (on a weekly basis) since they transfered from TSN to The Score...except for the 10th year anniversary show of RAW.

I personally don't find it interesting anymore.....I haven't watch TNA for the last 6 months also....
Montreal Alouettes season ticket holder since 2004 !

Back-to-Back Grey Cups ('09 & '10) and I witnessed it LIVE from the stands !

Mtl Als Fansite: http://www.goalsgo.com

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Sun May 04, 2008 10:11 pm

iso_55 wrote:Wow, over 60,000 views & 889 posts. That is impressive... But no comments for almost 3 weeks. I started this thread in January of 2006 because I like the WWE. Back then there was a discussion here as to whether professional wrestling deserved it's own category which was shot down. So, I created this topic so wrestling fans could talk WWE. Does that mean this thread has finally run out of steam & should be retired??? I never thought that this topic would get this large or last this long when I started.
If the opinion is this thread should be closed, I am okay with that as all things have to end sometime.
No need to close it. Not like it's a sticky.

Hard for anyone to get excited about the WWE when we know Khali will be off TV for a while. :wink:
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Mon May 05, 2008 10:04 am

Here's a pre wrestle Stacey Keibler :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QElZ2teb3k4

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:35 pm

Ron wrote:
iso_55 wrote:Wow, over 60,000 views & 889 posts. That is impressive... But no comments for almost 3 weeks. I started this thread in January of 2006 because I like the WWE. Back then there was a discussion here as to whether professional wrestling deserved it's own category which was shot down. So, I created this topic so wrestling fans could talk WWE. Does that mean this thread has finally run out of steam & should be retired??? I never thought that this topic would get this large or last this long when I started.
No need to close it. Not like it's a sticky.

Hard for anyone to get excited about the WWE when we know Khali will be off TV for a while. :wink:
Khali doesn't excite me as a fan. Big Show's resurgence does though. For a while there in & around 2004-06, he looked like a fat, no talent loser. Maybe I don't like Khali because he has no mic skills as he can't speak English.

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Wed May 07, 2008 10:55 am

Article on Khali. They are making a documentary about him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7384920.stm

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Wed May 07, 2008 3:11 pm

Looks like Michael P.S. Hayes had a little too much to drink...

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Brave+o ... htm?isfa=1

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:39 am

So, looks like Mr. McMahon is the victim of another attempt on his life... HA! The stage collapsed? Some bad acting by Vince & knowing where to stand so as not to get squashed by the sign that fell on him. Well, it didn't actually fall on him. The corner of the sign fell on a piece of the stage preventing it from pancaking him...
Whodunnit Part 2. Better not be McMahon's second illegitimate child Mae Young.

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:43 am

Mae Young? LOL!

I am liking the changes made so far except for costing Edge the belt. but what else could we expect there.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:13 pm

I think Raw is significantly weaker. As much as I used to hate Triple H for getting the push all the time the guy does have star power & his absence is going to hurt that show. Kennedy back to Smackdown??? I don't know. It's not like the WWE knows what to do with him anyway, no matter what show he's on. Kennedy is a major talent but on Raw he was being wasted as a mid carder.
Jim Ross to Smackdown & Michael Cole to Raw??? Don't like that only because until he retires, Ross should have stayed on Raw. Nothing against Cole who is very good... but like I said, Ross is the true voice of Raw.
On Smackdown, time for the Vickie Guerrero angle as General Manager to come to a merciful (for the fans) end. LIKE TODAY!! The sooner, the better. Memo to Vince McMahon... get rid of that fat walrus & her ingratiatingly nasal voice. Bring back Teddy Long.
ECW??? God put that crap of a show out of its misery. It is GARBAGE!! Better to strengthen the roster of Raw & Smackdown by eliminating ECW than to water all 3 shows down.

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:19 pm

iso_55 wrote:Nothing against Cole who is very good
I think you're the first person I've ever heard say anything positive about him.
iso_55 wrote:On Smackdown, time for the Vickie Guerrero angle as General Manager to come to a merciful (for the fans) end. LIKE TODAY!! The sooner, the better. Memo to Vince McMahon... get rid of that fat walrus & her ingratiatingly nasal voice.
I don't think she's going anywhere. Okay, she doesn't quite qualify as a diva (trying to be nice here) but she gets incredible heat from the fans. Vince will milk that for a long time.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.