We Need Another WWE Discussion Thread...

Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Referees

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Re: We Need Another WWE Discussion Thread...

Post by Inquiring Mind » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:54 pm

Vicki is the most over heel in the entire fed... and plays the crowd like a fiddle.

Between their lack of other heels, and that I doubt she'd make much of a face... I see them stretching this out for a good long time until Edge finally turns on her
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:10 pm

argolio wrote:
iso_55 wrote:Nothing against Cole who is very good
I think you're the first person I've ever heard say anything positive about him.
iso_55 wrote:On Smackdown, time for the Vickie Guerrero angle as General Manager to come to a merciful (for the fans) end. LIKE TODAY!! The sooner, the better. Memo to Vince McMahon... get rid of that fat walrus & her ingratiatingly nasal voice.
I don't think she's going anywhere. Okay, she doesn't quite qualify as a diva (trying to be nice here) but she gets incredible heat from the fans. Vince will milk that for a long time.
You're the first person I've ever heard say that people don't like Cole. I think he's fine. But on Smackdown. I won't even go near Mike Adamle.
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:36 am

Vicky does a great job. As mentioned ... she gets great heat as a heel. Excuse me!

Check this out. Looks like Jim Ross makes a bundle. Over 700K a year!

http://uk.reuters.com/business/quotes/c ... viewId=sum.
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:04 am

I wonder how much his partner Mick Foley is making???

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:14 pm

The best punch?

Lance Storm has an interesting commentary

http://www.stormwrestling.com/071508.html
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:40 pm

I remember Dr. Death Steve Williams in the NWA (later WCW). He had an angle with JR back in the late 80's that they were both Oklahoma Sooners. I think Williams used to play football for Oklahoma at one time. JR really played it up from his announce chair ringside.
This was years before JR went over to the WWE.

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:43 pm

Main event for Summerslam!

HHH vs MY GUY !!!

HHH finally gets his butt kicked. :D

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:04 pm

Friday it's Triple H vs Khali. Any other wrestler would get squashed. But not Mrs. Stephanie McMahon. You know the hammer comes out tonight. BTW, I hate Khali.

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:18 pm

Khali got robbed in losing to HHH. Nuff said.

BTW: Smackdown is the best wrestling (main company) show going. No wonder HHH moved there.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:50 pm

They wrecked Raw as it used to be the flagship show. I don't get why the WWE just doesn't go with one show & have it's best wrestlers on that. Ratings would be thru the roof. I guess it's money by having two shows on television. (I won't even include ECW because it's garbage).

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:19 pm

Fast forward ...

Khali is still the greatest wrestler out there. He's now even doing the kiss cam! Awesome.

I also like how they always yell that Big Show is the world's biggest athlete ... yet he always has to look up to Khali!

Sidenote: I also like Koslov. Very old school style. But he's going to go against HHH now so his monster head will be smacked against the glass ceiling.

argofan87
Superstar
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by argofan87 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:45 am

So it appears that John Cena may be the heavyweight champion after Survivor Series is through :roll: . I thought he was supposed to be out long-term what happened?
Ummagumma

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:58 am

He has such a high level of drugs and hormones and stuff in his system ... that he can freakishly heal fast.

I hope they do something right for a change and have Jericho retain until Wrestlemania.

argofan87
Superstar
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by argofan87 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:39 pm

Anyone remember Test?

Sadly, Andrew "Test" Martin passed away today at the age of 33.
Ummagumma

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Inquiring Mind wrote:Vicki is the most over heel in the entire fed... and plays the crowd like a fiddle.

Between their lack of other heels, and that I doubt she'd make much of a face... I see them stretching this out for a good long time until Edge finally turns on her
Nice call. She's still over huge.

The heel situation has improved. Jericho and Edge are doing great but they have neutered Orton lately. He was terrific as the sinister nasty heel but they turned him into the arrogant/cowardly heel. (thanks HHH)