We Need Another WWE Discussion Thread...

Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Referees

iso_55
Legend

Re: We Need Another WWE Discussion Thread...

Post by iso_55 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:42 am

The last part of Raw with the Orton'Triple H feud last Monday. That was creepy. Orton's beginning to look like some kind of pervert. Wrong swerve to this whole feud.
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

AngeloV
All Star

Post by AngeloV » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:32 am

Ron wrote: Nice call. She's still over huge.

The heel situation has improved. Jericho and Edge are doing great but they have neutered Orton lately. He was terrific as the sinister nasty heel but they turned him into the arrogant/cowardly heel. (thanks HHH)
If I had the book, I would have JBL help HBK beat the Undertaker at WM25, saying that it was all part of the entire plan when HBK began to "work" for him. It's time for an HBK turn.
Hugo has been retired!!!!!

Chief, this information is of the highest security. I insist that we use the cone of silence!

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:46 am

You know, in oder to sell this feud as "real"... when Triple H was in handcuffs on the ropes & Stefanie was "unconscious" lying on the mat. When Orton grabbed the sledgehammer... there should have been a run in of a bunch of wrestlers to sell the fact Orton was going to bash Triple H. But with no one running into the ring it just made everything look maudlin to me. All totally scripted out & unbelievable.

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:57 pm

iso_55 wrote:it just made everything look maudlin to me. All totally scripted out & unbelievable.
Yeah, most Raw episodes lately have ended with long fade-outs of Orton and Triple-H competing to see who has a more dramatic look on his face. Way too Hollywood.

And I think this feud jumped the shark when they had Triple-H attack Orton in his home. I hate that angle. They've got to keep everything happening if not in the ring, then at least somewhere in the arena or the parking lot.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:56 pm

argolio wrote:
iso_55 wrote:it just made everything look maudlin to me. All totally scripted out & unbelievable.
Yeah, most Raw episodes lately have ended with long fade-outs of Orton and Triple-H competing to see who has a more dramatic look on his face. Way too Hollywood.

And I think this feud jumped the shark when they had Triple-H attack Orton in his home. I hate that angle. They've got to keep everything happening if not in the ring, then at least somewhere in the arena or the parking lot.
Yeah, pretty "believable" when a person can break into another's home, beat up the homeowner, start trashing the place, get carted off by the cops & then next week be back in the ring like nothing had ever happened.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:51 am

What a great schtick in front of the cameras & great mic work last night. The guy has a presence about him... The fans still remember him. The WWE needs a guy like this. C'mon Vince, RAW has been dying on TV & in the ratings. Bring the Million Dollar Man back as GM!!

Hollywood2
Champion
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Hollywood2 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:25 am

iso_55 wrote:What a great schtick in front of the cameras & great mic work last night. The guy has a presence about him... The fans still remember him. The WWE needs a guy like this. C'mon Vince, RAW has been dying on TV & in the ratings. Bring the Million Dollar Man back as GM!!
I agree. They could have maybe had Dibiase "buy" Raw from Trump.
August 8, 1961
HAMILTON TIGER-CATS 38
BUFFALO BILLS 21
The Tiger-Cats are the reigning champions of CFL/NFL football.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:06 pm

Trump was brutal... God, if that had been a recurring storyline I'd have quit watching for good. DiBiase was great last night. But the pinheads at the WWE wouldn't recognize mic talent if it hit them in the face. Remember just how BAD Mike Adamle was?

AngeloV
All Star

Post by AngeloV » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:24 pm

iso_55 wrote:Trump was brutal... God, if that had been a recurring storyline I'd have quit watching for good. DiBiase was great last night. But the pinheads at the WWE wouldn't recognize mic talent if it hit them in the face. Remember just how BAD Mike Adamle was?
There is no such thing as mic talent anymore. Ever since writers started writing all the wrestler's promos, it has gone down hill. Roddy Piper would never have been the star today that he was in his day. Everything now is so robotic.

Chief, this information is of the highest security. I insist that we use the cone of silence!

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:58 am

AngeloV wrote:
iso_55 wrote:Trump was brutal... God, if that had been a recurring storyline I'd have quit watching for good. DiBiase was great last night. But the pinheads at the WWE wouldn't recognize mic talent if it hit them in the face. Remember just how BAD Mike Adamle was?
There is no such thing as mic talent anymore. Ever since writers started writing all the wrestler's promos, it has gone down hill. Roddy Piper would never have been the star today that he was in his day. Everything now is so robotic.
Best wrestler I ever saw with a mic was Nick Bockwinkel. He was eloquent, articulate & knew how to work the camera. Just brilliant. One of the worst was Ken Patera. The man could barely wrestle & he could not speak. There's a clip on You Tube where he flubs his lines while getting all worked up & Gene Okerlund is trying his hardest not to break out laughing.

Nick Bockwinkel & Bobby Heenan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFKA7OSa ... re=related

Ken Patera & Gene Okerlund:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hELEcT2a ... L&index=34

AngeloV
All Star

Post by AngeloV » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:39 am

iso_55 wrote:
AngeloV wrote:
Best wrestler I ever saw with a mic was Nick Bockwinkel. He was eloquent, articulate & knew how to work the camera. Just brilliant. One of the worst was Ken Patera. The man could barely wrestle & he could not speak. There's a clip on You Tube where he flubs his lines while getting all worked up & Gene Okerlund is trying his hardest not to break out laughing.

Nick Bockwinkel & Bobby Heenan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFKA7OSa ... re=related

Ken Patera & Gene Okerlund:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hELEcT2a ... L&index=34
Bockwinkle was awesome. Definitely in my top 5 of all time.

Flair, Zbysko, Bockwinkle, Steamboat, Brody.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:18 pm

Hollywood2
Champion
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Hollywood2 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:52 pm

August 8, 1961
HAMILTON TIGER-CATS 38
BUFFALO BILLS 21
The Tiger-Cats are the reigning champions of CFL/NFL football.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:31 am

That didn't even sound like The Heartbreak Kid. Hey, where's Michaels been at, anyway? I haven't seen him since Wrestlemania & Monday Night Raw could use all the help it can get. (Same with Taker but he's really nothing more than a part time wrestler anyway).

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:36 am

Pretty funny skit: Kurt Angle & Edge: "You Suck"... Most of the WWE skits we see are usually pretty lame. But this one from a few years back was pretty clever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssqbxsGY ... re=related