We Need Another WWE Discussion Thread...

Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Referees

Hollywood2
Champion
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Re: We Need Another WWE Discussion Thread...

Post by Hollywood2 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:47 pm

I liked those "for the benefit of those with flash photography" bits those guys did with Christian.

ITM, here's a Rock and Jericho trash talking Stephanie McMahon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRcxuJoA ... re=related

And Edge, Christian, and Jericho insult Stephanie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOye3Hpf ... re=related
August 8, 1961
HAMILTON TIGER-CATS 38
BUFFALO BILLS 21
The Tiger-Cats are the reigning champions of CFL/NFL football.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:50 pm

So, we go from RAW guest host Jessie Ventura last week who really knows how to take charge & work a crowd like the pro he was to what???? Mini Me??? That's downright insulting. I know Vince McMahon has no respect for his audience & fans & he sure proved it last night by having that l'il guy host the show.
Is it just me or is this Shaemus character totally boring & non scary? For a monster heel that the WWE is trying to get over... it ain't working. Beating down the WWE's version of a solo clown act in Santino Marella sure won't do the trick.
And speaking of little people, I wish Hornswoggle would get squashed. That would be good. Too bad he's not retired instead of Jamie Noble.
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:17 am

Raw with Mini Me as host was brutal... OMG!! :0

iso_55
Legend

Deleted
Last edited by iso_55 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iso_55
Legend

Deleted
Last edited by iso_55 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AngeloV
All Star

Post by AngeloV » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:48 am

iso_55 wrote:So, we go from RAW guest host Jessie Ventura last week who really knows how to take charge & work a crowd like the pro he was to what???? Mini Me??? That's downright insulting. I know Vince McMahon has no respect for his audience & fans & he sure proved it last night by having that l'il guy host the show.
Is it just me or is this Shaemus character totally boring & non scary? For a monster heel that the WWE is trying to get over... it ain't working. Beating down the WWE's version of a solo clown act in Santino Marella sure won't do the trick.
And speaking of little people, I wish Hornswoggle would get squashed. That would be good. Too bad he's not retired instead of Jamie Noble.
I agree ISO. It seems to me that if they are going to continue with this guest host gimmick, they really should just have the host be someone has a connection to wrestling. I realize that they are trying to get some sort of cross promotion thing going, but I don't see how having these horrible hosts helps out the WWE. IMO, the best guest hosts to date have been Rhodes, Dibiase and Ventura. Maybe they should have some former heel managers as future hosts like Downtown Bruno, Johnny Valiant, Paul E. Dangerously or even a former announcer like Lance Russell, or Ken Resnick.
Hugo has been retired!!!!!

Chief, this information is of the highest security. I insist that we use the cone of silence!

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:06 pm

When I actually saw Mini me on that high chair with Mark Henry calling out the girls... "click".... Should have put a bib & diapers on the guy & try to sell him to some freak show as an actual baby with whiskers.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:14 am

Brett Hart's appearance this past Monday Night on Raw... Somebody has to have an opinion of what went on? Is Sean Michaels & Brett Hart's make up scene genuine or phony? Or did Chris Jericho really lay it out in words very close to real life? Notice that Jericho was the ONLY WWE wrestler Hart talked to all night on Raw other than Michaels?

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:51 pm

iso_55 wrote:Is Sean Michaels & Brett Hart's make up scene genuine or phony?
Yes and yes. I doubt they now like each other, but if Hart could make the commitment to work for Vince for three months, he's obviously been able to put a lot of what happened in Montreal (and to his brother) behind him.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:43 am

argolio wrote:
iso_55 wrote:Is Sean Michaels & Brett Hart's make up scene genuine or phony?
Yes and yes. I doubt they now like each other, but if Hart could make the commitment to work for Vince for three months, he's obviously been able to put a lot of what happened in Montreal (and to his brother) behind him.
If a "double cross" by Michaels on Brett Hart is in the works by the WWE bookers that could kill Michael's career in the WWE. I think Michaels knows it so I'd be surprised if he's involved anymore in this storyline. But this is the WWE so who knows?

kcin94
Rookie

Post by kcin94 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Yeah, I doubt Michaels gets involved. His bitching storyline and Undertaker obsession is enough.

My guess is he costs Undertaker the title at the Elimination Chamber to Jericho. Setting up Jericho vs Edge and Michaels vs Undertaker at Mania.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:51 am

kcin94 wrote:Yeah, I doubt Michaels gets involved. His bitching storyline and Undertaker obsession is enough.

My guess is he costs Undertaker the title at the Elimination Chamber to Jericho. Setting up Jericho vs Edge and Michaels vs Undertaker at Mania.
That's not a bad storyline actually (Michaels)... Anybody but Sheamus for WWE Champion. Even Hornswaggle. :0

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:51 am

Anyone see Khali "pass out" from Dolf Ziggler's sleeper hold on Smackdown? Wow, biggest load of horse crap that I have seen in a long time. No wonder Khali decided to leave the WWE after that sorry excuse of a match. Vince's writers shamed the big man out of the WWE.
If guys like Sheamus are the WWE's future, it's in big, big trouble.

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:09 pm

iso_55 wrote:If guys like Sheamus are the WWE's future, it's in big, big trouble.
They've got the market cornered so I don't see any trouble at all. And I'll have to disagree -- give me Sheamus over 20 years of the Undertaker being over.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:53 pm

argolio wrote:
iso_55 wrote:If guys like Sheamus are the WWE's future, it's in big, big trouble.
They've got the market cornered so I don't see any trouble at all. And I'll have to disagree -- give me Sheamus over 20 years of the Undertaker being over.
From the crowd reaction whenever Sheamus is in the ring or talking on the mic, I think most fans don't believe that he has earned the right to be pushed the way he was into the championship belt. We all know Vince loves the big men in the ring. They don't have to be talented to be champions (like the Hulkster) but they have to bring something while in character & Sheamus just doesn't have the ring presence yet... He needs more polishing before fans take him seriously.
He also hasn't paid his dues so to speak... I don't think that has sat well with fans. I mean, it's not like Sheamus has dominated the way Goldberg did 12 or 13 years ago when he burst onto the wrestling scene. Sheamus did nothing before the WWE handed him the belt...