"Crappy Beer Now Sponsors Team Canada"

Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Referees

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

"Crappy Beer Now Sponsors Team Canada"

Post by Inquiring Mind » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:04 am

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/ ... appy-beer/

My favourite passage:
Via Hoops Addict, we learn the sponsoring beverage company isn't well-known Molson or even Labatt... it's Steelback Brewery. If you just threw up in your mouth, then you've had Steelback. You know what I'm talking about.

:lol:

Mocking aside, it's nice of him to back the B-Ball team :beauty:
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

Bushido
Champion

Post by Bushido » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:47 pm

What's really awesome about all this? I don't mean Frankie, or his *poop* beer, I mean that his beer isn't available out west. I don't even know if it's available outside of Ontario.

So basically it's a localized sponsor for a national team.

Yeah, my head wants to explode in the WTF of it all but people/groups will do anything for sponsor money.

Oh well. =/

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:00 pm

But his beer sells well. So maybe it's all you people who have no taste buds. :beer:
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:42 pm

Actually I went to a NASCAR Canada Canadian Tire series race on the weekend and the only beer available was his. He is a sponsor of the circuit.

I had and actually found nothing wrong with the Copperhead I was drinking. AND it was in a glass bottle.

So for no real reason it would not be my preferred choice, but I wouldn't poo-poo it either.

And anyone that drinks that crap quick beer like Molsons and Labatts doesn't know squat about beer anyways. So if that is what you prefer you don't have any taste buds anyhoo.

:beer: :beer:
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

ticatfan
Superstar

Re: "Crappy Beer Now Sponsors Team Canada"

Post by ticatfan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:39 am

Inquiring Mind wrote:http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/ ... appy-beer/

My favourite passage:
Via Hoops Addict, we learn the sponsoring beverage company isn't well-known Molson or even Labatt... it's Steelback Brewery. If you just threw up in your mouth, then you've had Steelback. You know what I'm talking about.

I agree. At least someone is helping out the team.

Hymie
All Star

Post by Hymie » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:13 am

ticatfan wrote:

My favourite passage:

One of the very few in Canada that even cares if we have a B-Ball team

HammerMan
Superstar

Post by HammerMan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:36 am

hmm... Frankie has used his "crappy" beer to own and run a successful hockey team, successfully sponsor auto races in two major series, and now sponsors a national team; he and his "crappy" beer never would have been able to see success in the CFL... Molson and Labatt do no more than include golf balls, t-shirts, and bottle "cosies" (NFL ones at that) in their $30 24's... at least Steelback is Canadian; Molson now answers to a CEO in Texas and Labatt has been Belgian (InterBev) for years now... what an embarassment Frankie has been... :roll:
Oskee Whiskey! Holy Mackinaw! Tigers! Eat'em RAW!
GO Stillers! The SuperBowl XLIII Champs!
Roll Red Roll! 2006 Ohio DIII State Champs!

Bushido
Champion

Post by Bushido » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:48 am

Yes, because sales=quality. Just ask McDonald's or Tim Horton's.

For the record I drink Big Rock.

I'd also give my left nut for some Sam Adams but I don't live in the States. *sigh*

Again, my point is that the sponsorship for a national team is for a product that is basically local, but I guess people have to get all freaked out over "NUH-UH! HIS BEER SELLS SO IT CAN'T BE THAT BAD!"

ticatfan
Superstar

Post by ticatfan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:35 am

Hymie wrote:
ticatfan wrote:

My favourite passage:

One of the very few in Canada that even cares if we have a B-Ball team
Not sure if you are talking about him or me!

Alswin
Champion
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by Alswin » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:17 am

Speaking of beer, anyone ever try Creemore, I had some last week and it was pretty good! :beauty:

HammerMan
Superstar

Post by HammerMan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:39 am

Bushido wrote:Yes, because sales=quality. Just ask McDonald's or Tim Horton's.
did you really just equate a Big Mac with quality? sales=money_spent_on_sales_budget not quality... i drink Creemore ( :x just bought by Molbatts); they sell a fraction of what Molson's sells in Canadian, and Canadian is just plain pi$$... Coors Light sells at > $30 a 24 'cus of golf balls, T-Shirts and millions spent on commercials with babes, no more... i stopped drinking Lakeport 'cus Labatt took 2mths to jack the price using the 28 pack and a t-shirt bull... my point is that he's being written off, despite continued success, over his "crappy" beer that is probably no more distateful than the over-priced pi$$ Molbatts (a "national" product) will peddle; and i didn't hear of any of the "national" brands running in... he's certainly not AMEX, the RBC, or BCE but neither is Molbatts.
Oskee Whiskey! Holy Mackinaw! Tigers! Eat'em RAW!
GO Stillers! The SuperBowl XLIII Champs!
Roll Red Roll! 2006 Ohio DIII State Champs!

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:57 pm

Doesn't all beer pretty much taste the same?
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

Dave in Calgary
Superstar

Post by Dave in Calgary » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:26 pm

HammerMan wrote:
Bushido wrote:Yes, because sales=quality. Just ask McDonald's or Tim Horton's.
did you really just equate a Big Mac with quality? sales=money_spent_on_sales_budget not quality...
Old news, but I'm pretty sure Bushido was being sarcastic.
As for your thoughts on Ottawa, it's unfair to the fans to be held accountable for some of the poor management over the years.
-Mark Cohon

Opinions are like nails: the more often you hit them, the deeper they penetrate.
-Chinese Proverb

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:52 pm

Alswin wrote:Speaking of beer, anyone ever try Creemore, I had some last week and it was pretty good! :beauty:
Yes. It is very good stuff. :beauty:
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:49 pm

Bushido wrote: For the record I drink Big Rock.
You know, other than the being a Bomber fan thing, you're a good man :beauty:
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.