Boogity Boogity Boogity 2008

Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Referees

Mark
Starter
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Boogity Boogity Boogity 2008

Post by Mark » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:46 am

Its been a long time since I've been on 13th man..how is everyone..new year, new season about the begin..just curious about any Nascar picks or 08 ..8 drivers $100 bucks..if thats still going on..
Sourthern Comfort Carry On..
Sweet The Sweet Home Alabama, Roll Tide Roll..

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:32 am

Mark wrote:Its been a long time since I've been on 13th man..how is everyone..new year, new season about the begin..just curious about any Nascar picks or 08 ..8 drivers $100 bucks..if thats still going on..
Good point, and welcome back!

That post deserved a new thread, what with the Duels coming up in just 10 days or so.

Big changes this year, with Joe Gibbs running Yoters (Will be cool seeing Tony Stewart in the wall...a LOT :wink: ) and Junior with Hendrick.

Hey, at least it's a Chevy he's in. :wink:
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

Alswin
Champion
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by Alswin » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:53 am

For the first time, I am excited about Nascar, there is some Quebec content this year!

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:45 am

Alswin wrote:For the first time, I am excited about Nascar, there is some Quebec content this year!
You've been missing out in that case. Welcome to the abuse we all suffer about the cars and drivers that only turn left.

:beer:

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:06 am

Jeez... I can't win.

While I still admire and like the person that is Dale Jarrett I had to go with another driver last year to keep the N.A. muscle car series N.A. in content. I chose Tony Stewart. Got caps, T-shirts, jerseys All ugly BTW. I feel like a Home Depot employee.

Now what? Or who?

Somebody pick a driver for me pleeeeez? Is Ford still in this series? :cowboy:
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

CatsEyes
Superstar

Post by CatsEyes » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:56 pm

greycupgarry wrote: Somebody pick a driver for me pleeeeez? Is Ford still in this series? :cowboy:
Does it have to be Ford?

Here's one of the good guys!

http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/jburt ... index.html

Barring that, here's a list of drivers, teams and makes so you can pick.
http://www.nascar.com/drivers/list/cup/dps/

It's not quite up to date with the sponsors and teams though, I've noticed.

Edit:

This might help too.
http://www.nascar.com/promos/sillyseason/
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:42 pm

greycupgarry wrote:Jeez... I can't win.

While I still admire and like the person that is Dale Jarrett I had to go with another driver last year to keep the N.A. muscle car series N.A. in content. I chose Tony Stewart. Got caps, T-shirts, jerseys All ugly BTW. I feel like a Home Depot employee.

Now what? Or who?

Carl Edwards would do a backflip for you if you just asked. :wink:

Image Image

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:30 am

Solar Max wrote:
greycupgarry wrote:Jeez... I can't win.

Now what? Or who?

Carl Edwards would do a backflip for you if you just asked. :wink:

Image Image
Ya. I was going to choose Edwards before but went with Stewart because I like his rebelious ways. I guess I'll take another year off and see what shakes down. One thing for sure is the car will NOT have a Hendrick logo on it. :cowboy:
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

Bushido
Champion

Post by Bushido » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:09 am

FYI: Speed HD is launching today on Star Choice, so plenty of NASCAR coverage in HD and this includes the truck series.

Hopefully down the road they'll have things like ALMS in HD but at least Speed went HD in the first place.

2008 predictions: Roush has a nervous breakdown six races into the season (world watches and laughs).

Steven Wallace gets pissed at Edwards winning again in the Grand National Busch Nationwide series so goes to take him out but being Steven takes out half the field instead and misses Edwards completely.

Tony wins the 2008 Sprint Cup and Junior finishes top 5 since he actually drives for a team with an owner.

Teresa Earnhardt shows her commitment to DEI and actually watches a race on television; also wonders why her husband hasn't been winning lately, even if he's selling lots of merch.

The entity of Jimmie Gordon emerges as no one can tell them apart anyway.

No one cares about the truck series even though the races are exciting and not 4 hour snooze fests. Sadly not a prediction but fact.

Michael Waltrip will qualify for 5 Sprint Cup races. Coincidentally that's the exact amount of wins Reutimann will get in that series.

NASCAR will finally publish the rule book for the public. It's free for everyone because it actually doesn't exist. This doesn't stop Helton from penalizing Tony Stewart for "actions detrimental to stock car racing" when Smoke looks at a TV camera "the wrong way." He was facing right instead of left.

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:14 pm

Great 500 today, a super finish. Congrats to Penske Racing, Dodge Motorsports, and of course Ryan Newman and Kurt Busch, a 1-2 finish.

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Re:

Post by greycupgarry » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:38 am

Solar Max wrote:Great 500 today, a super finish. Congrats to Penske Racing, Dodge Motorsports, and of course Ryan Newman and Kurt Busch, a 1-2 finish.

How was the Vegas race. Didja have fun? F-O-R-D.

CatsEyes
Superstar

Re: Re:

Post by CatsEyes » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:46 pm

greycupgarry wrote:
Solar Max wrote:Great 500 today, a super finish. Congrats to Penske Racing, Dodge Motorsports, and of course Ryan Newman and Kurt Busch, a 1-2 finish.

How was the Vegas race. Didja have fun? F-O-R-D.
Awesome race yesterday! GCG, I think that if you were torn on who to cheer for, I think Mr. Edwards might fill your bill. I have a feeling that while Hendrick dominated last year, this could be the year for Roush-Fenway. They looked strong all race, and had a great day. Also a stout showing by the RCR boys, with Kevin 4th and Jeffro 5th-very happy indeed! One Toyota in the top 10 amongst 4 Chevs, 4 Fords and a Dodge-works for me! :beauty:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Re: Boogity Boogity Boogity 2008

Post by Solar Max » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:14 pm

Two words: Neon Garage.

http://www.lvms.com/track_info/neon_garage/

Gasoline to Vegas: $158.
Speeding Ticket: $57
Tickets in Turn 4: $120.

Standing 8 feet from the 29 car in the garage area just across from Delana Harvick, and standing in the 29 pit: PRICELESS.

Yes, there are pics. Will post when we upload them from the camera.

Wow...just wow. Jeff Burton is a nice guy. :8)

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by greycupgarry » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:28 pm

I'm going to Bristol baybee!!!!!!!!!!!

20 rows up - smack on the start/finish line. I'm so pumped. Lucked into these seats at face value. A 16 year subscriber that has to (wifey's decision) take the kids to Disney this year. WoooooHoooooooooooo. Talked to some nice folks down there and have a 5th wheel RV across from the track waiting for me as well. Frikken hell man. The Mecca of stock car racing. I am so damn excited I can't contain myself. :bounce:

I'm talking Bristol here.... 10 year waiting list for tickets on a short track with 150,000 people to share it with. AND they have a new beer policy. Seems a 14" cooler wasn't good enough so we, the fans, have been given extra beer room. But it has to be a soft cooler. Sheesh, I love this stuff.
Bristol Motor Speedway wrote:In an effort to enhance fan comfort during the races, Bristol Motor Speedway will continue its carry-in bag policy for the March and August events in 2008. In addition to permitting one 14-inch cooler, fans now may bring one carry-in bag only. That item also may not exceed the 14-inch size limit. All carry-in items will be searched prior to entry into Speedway grandstands. It is recommended that fans make their way into the gates at least one hour prior to green flag to allow proper time for inspection of these items.
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

One question. What the heck are Beer Balls?
Bristol Motor Speedway wrote:To ensure that all fans have a safe and enjoyable visit to Bristol Motor Speedway and Bristol Dragway, the following items will not be permitted inside the gates:

* Folding Stadium Seats... Please note that STADIUM CUSHIONS ARE PERMITTED
* Umbrellas
* Illegal Drugs
* ATV-type vehicles or Golf carts
* Fires, Grills, or Fireworks
* Weapons of any kind
* Folding Chairs
* Coolers over 14 inches
* More than one carry-in bag (bag cannot exceed size of cooler)
* Glass Containers
* Pets (except service animals assisting the disabled)
* Scaffolds or Platforms
* Bicycles
* Beer Balls
* Noise-Makers, Horns, Helium Balloons and Beach Balls
* Other items that may pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by greycupgarry » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:53 am

What do you think about Carl and the rest of the team being penalized so heavily for a mechanical malfunction. Obviously it was undetactable because he passed inspection before racing.