Olympics 'kick-off' in less than 12 hrs

Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Referees

Lerriuqs
Legend

Re: Olympics 'kick-off' in less than 12 hrs

Post by Lerriuqs » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:28 pm

I did try to find them, just not googling in general and thanks.

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:14 am

When it rains it pours... Canada's first official medal could actually come before the wrestling. For you other night owls, the mens pairs rowing goes at 2:30 am MT

About 20 minutes before the wrestling finals start
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:03 am

The rowers kind of stole her thunder taking the silver in the pairs ten minutes before her match... so she one upped them and won the first gold!

Verbeek is on deck, and could complete the collection with a bronze... there has been more action in the last half and hour then in the entire first week for Canada
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

kcin94
Rookie

Post by kcin94 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:05 am

Inquiring Mind wrote:The rowers kind of stole her thunder taking the silver in the pairs ten minutes before her match... so she one upped them and won the first gold!

Verbeek is on deck, and could complete the collection with a bronze... there has been more action in the last half and hour then in the entire first week for Canada
The thing is this was the first day they were supposed to win the first of 14-17 medals. Everybody is whining over nothing. 2, maybe three today, and many more tomorrow as well.

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:32 am

Well that's three in an hour... if only it wasn't preceded by nothing for 7.5 days :wink:

Gotta get these organizers to schedule better for us
-

Gill The Thrill
Superstar

Post by Gill The Thrill » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:09 am

[quote="Gill The Thrill"]Canada will finally win a medal at 4:50 a.m EDST, when a female wrestler wrestles in the final of her event.

That means Canada will have tied Togo :o in the medal standings. :yahoo: :canada:[/quote :yahoo: :beer: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: We've moved ahead of Togo with 3 medals. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clap: :yahoo: :clap: :yahoo: :clap: :yahoo: :clap: :rotf:

Hymie
All Star

Post by Hymie » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:43 am

Any one catch the Men's 100 meter this morning. I wonder how fast Usain Bolt could run if he ran the entire race.
The CFL is alive and well
We don't need the NFL

amchow78
Champion
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by amchow78 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:34 pm

Alex C. is saying "R.I.P. to GreyCupGarry ... a man who treated me like his own son @ every CFL game I went to for the last five years!"

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:45 pm

Hymie wrote:Any one catch the Men's 100 meter this morning. I wonder how fast Usain Bolt could run if he ran the entire race.
9.59 according to former sprinter and NBC analyst Ato Boldon. :o
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:31 pm

A kick in the f'n teeth to that obnoxious little bastard in the McDonalds commercials

Honest to gawd, if I didn't already not eat there, I'd stop just because of that ad
-

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:10 am

argolio wrote:
Hymie wrote:Any one catch the Men's 100 meter this morning. I wonder how fast Usain Bolt could run if he ran the entire race.
9.59 according to former sprinter and NBC analyst Ato Boldon. :o
His drugs worked so well .. he passed it on to the Women's 100 meter team.
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:51 am

If you were ever going to give watching equestrian a try, now would be the time... Canada and the US are having something called a "Jump Off" to decide the gold medal in team jumping
-