PS3 vs. Nintendo Wii

Talk about the Pick em Pool, CFL Fantasy Football, or Computer Gaming.

Moderator: Referees

LFITQ
Champion

PS3 vs. Nintendo Wii

Post by LFITQ » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:28 pm

Might just have to get a Wii after watching this comparison ....

http://www.glumbert.com/media/ps3wii.html
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" - Sgt Oddball

I send vbeers to asshats hoping they will mellow out

hfxalsfan
Playground Hero

Post by hfxalsfan » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:56 am

tottally aggreed dude :D

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:23 pm

what I don't get is, and I think it's just a rumor, is that PS3 games are gonna be $100 a game! is Sony serious! no one will buy those games if their that much!

mr.deeds
Starter

Post by mr.deeds » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:15 pm

Me want Wii.... Me Want Wii :wave:
GO STAMPS GO!!!

Favorite All-Time Players:
#20 Doug "Magic" Flutie
#25 Dave "Sponge" Sapunjis
#35 Dan "The Scud" Wicklum

Talk Poker at Edmonton Poker Player Online

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:15 am

The Wii will have inferior graphics to the PS3 or XBox - the big draw with the Wii is pricepoint and the new controller. I predict that the Wii will be a lot of folks secondary gaming machine purchase.

I was a Nintendo fanboy for quite some time, but got tired of waiting for adult games.
Now I just play computer games (better graphics, cheaper and lot's more control options with a mouse and keyboard.

:beer:

HammerMan
Superstar

Post by HammerMan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:40 am

BBBob wrote:Now I just play computer games (better graphics, cheaper and lot's more control options with a mouse and keyboard. :beer:
there's only two reasons, to me, why you'd play a deck... first, you pop it, slot it, and power it, that is all... i'm sure a lot of users prefer grabbing a controller and watching their TV... i too find a keyboard/mouse and hi-res monitor much more appealing... second, collaborative play BUT only really in sports games where a few or more are playing together on a team... it took friends 5 minutes to figure out why i was waxing players in seconds at VS. in PS1 Medal of Honor... i would look where my opponent was on his side of the splitscreen, run over behind or above him and BLAM... one round expended every time... and if you're not playing when a deck is used, why would you want to watch someone else play?
Oskee Whiskey! Holy Mackinaw! Tigers! Eat'em RAW!
GO Stillers! The SuperBowl XLIII Champs!
Roll Red Roll! 2006 Ohio DIII State Champs!

jim604
Playground Scrub

Post by jim604 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:05 pm

Wii over the PS3 anyday!!
im a huge gamer.. ive had a 360 since the day it came out. if you want a good HD gaming system, that is the way to go there..there are already many. many great games for it, and several comming out by the hollidays. there is NOTHING even close on the PS3 that can hold a candle. (sorry ps fans youre waiting a good year at least until well see if you have a game that compares development on the 360 side is miles ahead and easier to develop for)

i will be getting a wii as well. i already own a ds, and really enjoy the fun gamelpay of some of these games. when it comes to games that are ALSO on the 360, such as any sports title, you bet ill get it on the 360.. the wii wont be able to touch the HD graphics...
but what i will be buying for the Wii is the fun gameplay games, that will make the wii-more fun. (ya...waving around my arms liek a moron!!)

here are the must have Wii titles:
red steel
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/redsteel/index.html

zelda
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/thel ... ml?q=zelda

warioware
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/wari ... io%20wares

Hutch23
All Star

Post by Hutch23 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:26 pm

As was mentioned earlier, I also got tired of waiting for Nintendo to make some games that were aimed at people older then 14 years. Nintendo will ALWAYS be right behind PS and XBOX.

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:06 pm

Here's a good comparison video for 'ya!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2424546470

:rotf:

:beer:

green ty
Superstar

Post by green ty » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:48 pm

We bought a Wii at the office. I am not a big gamer, but I am seriously addicted to Wii Sports. Nothing like belting a few dingers at lunch. :8) :D

LFITQ
Champion

Post by LFITQ » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:59 pm

For those that have played/own the Wii ...

Does the speed at which you swing the wiimote make a difference in game play? ie if you are pitching a ball, if you throw harder does the ball go faster? What about boxing? Throw a faster punch is it harder and quicker in the game?
Last edited by LFITQ on Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" - Sgt Oddball

I send vbeers to asshats hoping they will mellow out

ETMRaw
All Star

Post by ETMRaw » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:40 pm

It's a moot point in Southern Ontario: retailers haven't got PS3, and they can't get enough Wii to fill demand. Looks like Sony and Nintendo blew the sales forecast on this one.
There are no stupid questions. Only funny ones.

Canuck_4_Life
All Star

Post by Canuck_4_Life » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:42 pm

Either FS was ultra sneaky or some Vancouverites are super dense, but I found out from my cousin that FS had a huge stack of PS3 units sitting around for a couple days.

shayman
Starter
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by shayman » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:39 pm

LFITQ wrote:For those that have played/own the Wii ...

Does the speed at which you swing the wiimote make a difference in game play? ie if you are pitching a ball, if you throw harder does the ball go faster? What about boxing? Throw a faster punch is it harder and quicker in the game?
We have one. It's great, very addictive. My kids (13, 10) love it and so do I (don't tell them but I sneak down and practice while they're asleep.)

But you could sit on the couch and make small movements of the controller with just your wrist, and have the same effect as standing up and making huge swings with your entire arm.

Don't do that though. It's a lot more fun to stand up and pretend you're actually playing tennis, baseball, etc.
I helped pay for it, I'm calling it "Skydome."

Blue_Dragoon
Playground Scrub

Post by Blue_Dragoon » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:55 pm

I don't really like the sound of the Wii. I hate the idea of motion control gaming. Sure there are things you can do with motion control that you can't do with a regular controller, but these things are few and usually not enough to justify an entire game. Most of the "innovative" things you will be able to do with motion sensing seems very gimmicky to me, and I would imagine I personally would get bored of it fast.

As for the PS3 right now there is nothing that interests me on the system. However there are a lot of things in about a year or so that will be coming out for the PS3 that look really good. Particularily Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. I can't wait for that one. So odds are when I eventually get a next-gen system it will be a PS3.

After reading this my interest in the PS3 really rose. Check it out:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=33036573