Want an online football career?

Talk about the Pick em Pool, CFL Fantasy Football, or Computer Gaming.

Moderator: Referees

prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Want an online football career?

Post by prairiedog » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:54 pm

Click here:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=119121

It is called Goal Line Blitz. They call it a football MMORPG, but it's really just a website where you build your player (or players) and train them. All teams are GM'd by humans and offer "contracts" to players.

It is free to play, but once you get into it you can spend money to buy a team or accelerate the development of your player. Personally, I have one player, he is a slot receiver on a very competitive team, he is level 8 (which at this stage is average) AND I HAVE NOT PAID A CENT.

Since I only have 1 player, the time I invest is usually 10 mins a day, unless I feel like watching all the replays of my team's games. Games are played every 2 days and are full-fledged games simmed out in remarkable detail and all play by play is reviewable in graphic x and o type fashion. YES YOU CAN ACTUALLY WATCH ALL OF YOUR PLAYER'S PLAYS, and all of anyone else's too.

The game is just starting its 2nd season in BETA. There are a couple thousand teams in tons of leagues.

I prairiedog, am not soliciting anything. This is just a game that someone referred me to and I have been playing now for about 6 weeks. The only benefit to me is the referral points I would get should you join through my link. I would invite you to peruse the site first, but alas I don't think that non-members can browse yet. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that the game is still officially in BETA. I assure you that the site is legit with no pop-up ads and such.
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

Lerriuqs
Legend

Re: Want an online football career?

Post by Lerriuqs » Thu May 01, 2008 9:10 am

Missed this - don't want to step on your toes p'dog.

alphonsebelly
Playground Scrub

Post by alphonsebelly » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:13 am

Starting a career as a footballer at 23, its like deciding to study medicine without a diploma schoool and Provost hopes will pity you. Even if you reduce your age at 13, I am sure it will only take a few hi-tech analysis to reveal the truth, 23 you are already a man. Maybe you should get a badge mentor and help young people and help children who have similar aspirations.

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:53 pm

This could be fun, I'll give it a try.
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back