Discuss Pro Hockey, Canadian Teams in particular

Moderator: Referees

Mr.Ronnie
Playground Hero
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Leafs march to the Stanley Cup thread

Post by Mr.Ronnie » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Leafs Fan 2013:
I am a True Blue Leafs fan who is hoping that the Leafs with a acquiring of some new players
will make it to #4 to #6 this year.Its going to make for some exciting Hockey with Detroit and Columbus in our dvision this 2013-14 season.
Well that's it from Mr.Ronnie

Hollywood2
Champion
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Hollywood2 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:12 pm

jay64 wrote:This has the potential to be the longest thread in any forum that I have seen. I think the Leafs are doing now what they should have done 3 or 4 years ago-- get rid of the old guard and go younger. I believe that the Leafs' problems go far, far deeper than just mediocre talent, its an organization where mediocrity and losing is accepted, just as long as the team makes money. They know that the fans will show up for games, no matter if they win 70 games in a season or lose that many in a season. No one at MLSE seem to care about winning, just the bottom line of black ink. Another reason why this team is not winning because it is cursed! Its the curse of Harold Ballard, his ghost makes sure they are winners on the balance sheet rather than the scoresheet!
Seven years later and fans are saying the same thing.

That's what the Leafs do best: Conserve and preserve Canada's history and traditions.
August 8, 1961
HAMILTON TIGER-CATS 38
BUFFALO BILLS 21
The Tiger-Cats are the reigning champions of CFL/NFL football.

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:20 pm

Get rid of Tannenbaum, the last of the dead weights from the past and I'll believe the Leafs are serious about changing the culture.
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back