MONTREAL CANADIENS CORNER

Discuss Pro Hockey, Canadian Teams in particular

Moderator: Referees

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:32 pm

Hey habcat, stop using what my evil twin wrote as your signature!
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:45 pm

habcat wrote:
greycupgarry wrote:
borehamgirl wrote:
greycupgarry wrote:
argolio wrote:For what it's worth, TSN's preview show predicted that the Habs (and Leafs) will miss the playoffs.

They said Mtl's main weaknesses are lack of size and no depth at center.
They left out the part about having no heart and desire for such a storied franchise.
Did they also forget the part about the Leafs not winning the Stanley Cup in my ENTIRE lifetime?? :tease:
You dissapoint me Tina. Tigger told me that all Ticat fans were Leafs Fans. :juggle: :tease:

Tigger is a loser. :tease:
:o
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

Alswin
Champion
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by Alswin » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:50 am

soccer_balls wrote:
Alswin wrote:The last of the 3 amigos is gone and it couldn't have happened to soon, I was so happy to hear the news Saturday night that Mickey Ribbs was traded, I didn't even care who was coming in return. Yes, Ribeiro has talent, but he was not weel liked by his teamates, he's a punk with an attitude and not much work ethic!
I'm excited about Latendresse, but I'm worried the presure of being a "Quebecois Star" playing for the Habs will get to him. I hope he's ready mentally for it.
It will all come down to goaltending, If Huet can play like he did last year, the Habs will do well, if he doesn't at least Abischer is an experienced NHL'er on call fill in well.
My outlook for the year is I would be happy if they reach the second round of the playoffs and of course give the Leafs an a$$ kicking every time they play em.
Great post A'. :beauty:

One question if I may,Have you seen Latendresse play yet?If so,what do you like from him and what does he need to work on to get better?Heard his 'wheels' are a tad slow.Whatever the case,I look very much forward to seeing him in action for the first time.

The goaltending.Your bang on,sort of. :wink: If Christobal goes does not perform like last year or goes down for any stretch,'we' are royally SCREWED!From all accounts on him by 'hockey people' in the know,they say he could be the real deal and this team NEEDS that to have any hope for a successful year,IMHO.Abischer?Yeah agreed he's experienced AND learned from the BEST in Mr. Roy when both where with the AV'S,that's where my optimism on this guy stops however.I don't really have much faith in him at all.

Just a thought,but I'd kinda like to see Gainey possibly go after say,Marty Biron from Buffalo or better yet Marc-Andre Fleury from the Penquins,who by all accounts has had a dreadful pre-season in Pittsburgh thus far.Sure he'd cost a *poop* load,but I think 'coming home' would turn his career fortunes around for the better.Not to mention,The Montreal Canadiens fortunes.What do you think?
I saw the Habs practise at the St-Jovite arena on Tuesday, they were working on the PP and PK. They looked good but the real test starts on Friday and they'll be in tough agaisn't the Sabres.
I think Latendress can be a solid NHL player, who uses his size to his advantage, something the Habs are lacking. What worries me, is that's it's been so long since Montreal has had a superstar francophone, that all the pressure will be put on a 19 year old kid, who may have a very good career but he's no Lafleur, and that's what people have to realize.
The Habs have depth in nets, I think Huet can do the job for the next 2-3 years and will be replaced by Carey Price whom many called the best player in camp this year. It would be nice if his junior team trades him to a contender, perhaps the Giants, to help with his development, and a spot on the world juniors wouldn't hurt either. They also have Yann Danis and Cedric Desjardins in Hamilton who are the traditional great goaltending products of the Q.
I'm also excited about the younger players with an extra year of experience, they should improve on last year's play, Komisarek, Higgins, Ryder, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Markhov and Murray.

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:12 pm

I gotta give 'em credit for trading Ribeiro. That's addition by subtraction.

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:49 pm

Leafs 4 Canadiens 2

habcat
Starter

Post by habcat » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:38 pm

argolio wrote:Hey habcat, stop using what my evil twin wrote as your signature!

Okay you win...for now :8)

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:57 pm

habcat wrote:

Good god, my mind-control powers have returned!

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:58 am

Theodore giving it up in two consecutive overtimes to start the season with Colorado..on the other hand, he gave them a chance to win...but he's no Roy....

Alswin
Champion

Post by Alswin » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:16 am

TicatGreat wrote:Theodore giving it up in two consecutive overtimes to start the season with Colorado..on the other hand, he gave them a chance to win...but he's no Roy....
Actually, it wasn't Theo in nets for their second game, it was his back-up, Peter Budjai(spelling???)

Alswin
Champion

Post by Alswin » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:39 am

Habs pissed me off last night, I know it's only the first game of the year, but they should have won with a 2 goal lead in the third and Buffalo taking a bunch of penalties. The Sabres are so fast, Souray looked like a pylon for most of the third period. The PP looked good for the Habs, and it looks like Saku is 100%, with his line accounting for all 4 goals. Eventhough Huet gave up 5 goals, he made some big saves. Bright spot is, they get to play the Leafs tonight, Go Habs Go! :beer:

habcat
Starter

Post by habcat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:39 am

argolio wrote:
habcat wrote:

Good god, my mind-control powers have returned!
Don't be smart I can always put it back. :tease:

attomrida
Superstar

Post by attomrida » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:47 am

Huet is a flash in the pan and will be replaced by Abeschir as starting goalie no later than Dec.1,2006

Carbonneau is a 90's old style coach and Gainey was well known for his defensive skills as was Carbonneau. In the new NHL these two are fossils.

Habs and Leafs will be battling for 16th playoff spot with injuries to key player(s) as the major difference.

Leafs offensive powers- Sundin Tucker and Peca ? The rest of the kids will flounder. Crappy defense, suspect goaltending not a good mix. 6-0 over Ottawa was an anomoly.

Ottawa - please get a leader on the ice. Spezza loves to hear himself talk and Alfredsson just isn't a dynamic leader. They as many other teams do need a Mark Messier type to get that talent off its assets.

Sorry to the Swedes - you guys are talented individuals but not leaders of men. This means you Sundin, Alfredsson, Lidstrom and Forsberg.
" 87.6534 % of statistics are made up on the spur of the moment" "

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:50 pm

Alswin wrote:
TicatGreat wrote:Theodore giving it up in two consecutive overtimes to start the season with Colorado..on the other hand, he gave them a chance to win...but he's no Roy....
Actually, it wasn't Theo in nets for their second game, it was his back-up, Peter Budjai(spelling???)
I did not realize that. I just saw the overtime final score and assumed Theodore was between the pipes. In my opinion, the NHL should do away with awarding a single point to losers in overtime. They should give 2 points to the winners and publicly scourge and behead all the losers! :tease:

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:53 pm

Sorry to the Swedes - you guys are talented individuals but not leaders of men. This means you Sundin, Alfredsson, Lidstrom and Forsberg.
Who cares! Their women are HOT! :wink:

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:08 pm

borehamgirl wrote:GCG now why would you go and soil a perfectly good thread with a horrific picture like that?? Sheesh that's almost like assault :wink: :tease:
Yeah. Show us the one you got of you in your skimpy Borehamgirl tank top instead, if ya wanna drop some jaws around here. :clap: