MONTREAL CANADIENS CORNER

Discuss Pro Hockey, Canadian Teams in particular

Moderator: Referees

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:29 pm

Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey-AYYY-, Goodbye. A game for the ages. Congrats to the Canadiens for a spririted comeback to tie the game.

borehamgirl
Rookie

Post by borehamgirl » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:01 pm

I didn't get to see the whole game, but hats off to your goalie for standing tall in the shoot-out. Congrats on your one victory over the Habs for the year :wink:

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:08 pm

Canadiens made the most of their fewer scoring chances and almost stole one tonight from the Leafs like the big kid knocking you down and stealing your Halloween candy. Were it not for a lucky post on a beaten Aubin, this game might not have had to go to OT. Breakaway hockey at the apex of excitement. Time will tell if the Leafs can sustain their uptempo over a long season.

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:36 pm

The Canadiens were guilty of taking the visitors too lightly, and the desperation that the Leafs showed in the first period put themselves over the top, but just barely. The Canadiens had no business taking a point out of that game, as the Leafs seemed to have the better of the puck luck over the course of the game. For Montreal, it is encouraging that they showed no quit and took the game to extra time. For Toronto, can they expect to play desperation hockey for the rest of the season, and still have something in the tank, as the season winds down. Can they continue to outshoot and outchance their opposition. Never mind last night's result, in the long run, the Leafs wish list would appear more needy than that of the Canadiens'.

:popcorn: :canada:
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:31 pm

That wasn't desperation hockey. That was controlled dominance. The Canadiens were the lucky ones who came away with an all too flattering single point. Canadiens found a way to tie but the Leafs found a way to win. I like that quality in a team. :beauty:

habcat
Starter

Post by habcat » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:15 pm

The Leafs play one of their best games of the year and the Habs play their worst game of the year by far and it takes the Leafs till the 6th shootout shooter to get one more point. That makes the Leafs a joke Canadas Team my Ass.

To be Canadas team you should win the Cup at least once in a while. The Leafs havent won squat in generations.

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:31 pm

How many times have the Canadiens made the playoffs in the last 13 years, vs Leafs appearances? The Leafs got one goal in 6 shooters. The Canadiens? They couldn't even beat Aubin once. You made him look like Hasek in his prime. I could beat Aubin drunk. :tease:

borehamgirl
Rookie

Post by borehamgirl » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:25 pm

TicatGreat wrote: I could beat Aubin drunk. :tease:
Anyone could beat him if he was drunk silly :wink: :tease: Seriously though, you have to give credit to him for those shootout stops, but let's not get carried away. The Leafs can make the playoffs every year and if they don't win it, who cares that they made it.

Now back to Montreal, that was a great game last night. Short-handed goal by Higgy was great.

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:51 pm

Who cares if they made the playoffs? So you're saying as long as you win 1 Cup every 10 or 15 years it's acceptable to not make the playoffs inbetween. And not only that, but look completely silly in process? You're sounding like a true Ticat fan, BG. Na Na Na Na...Na Na Na Na....hey hey....Eat 'Em Raw! :rotf: :tease:

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:06 pm

Big win against the Senators. Congrats to the Habs for that. I hate the Senators more than the Canadiens. :clap:

habcat
Starter

Post by habcat » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:40 pm

TicatGreat wrote:Who cares if they made the playoffs? So you're saying as long as you win 1 Cup every 10 or 15 years it's acceptable to not make the playoffs inbetween. And not only that, but look completely silly in process? You're sounding like a true Ticat fan, BG. Na Na Na Na...Na Na Na Na....hey hey....Eat 'Em Raw! :rotf: :tease:

1 cup every 10-15 years?

Well you certainly can't be talking about the Leafs then with their 1 cup every 40-70 years. :wink: :tease:

habcat
Starter

Post by habcat » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:40 pm

TicatGreat wrote:Big win against the Senators. Congrats to the Habs for that. I hate the Senators more than the Canadiens. :clap:
Don't worry we took care of those big bad Sens for you :8)

borehamgirl
Rookie

Post by borehamgirl » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:58 pm

habcat wrote:
TicatGreat wrote:Big win against the Senators. Congrats to the Habs for that. I hate the Senators more than the Canadiens. :clap:
Don't worry we took care of those big bad Sens for you :8)
Hehehe. :wink:

So TCG you're telling me that you'd rather make the playoffs every year and win the cup once every 40??

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:36 pm

I'd rather that they took Kerry Frazers compact mirror away from him while he's working. He was checking out his hair in it while Gretzky was taking off Gilmore's head! :wink:

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:13 pm

Excellent road win in Carolina. Canes powerplay could have salvaged this game for them, but Huet was solid, and deserved the shutout. Good on Koivu for bagging a goal in his first game against the Canes since the injury.

:beer: :beauty: :yahoo: :canada:
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.