BOYCOTT CDN neutral site pre-season games!!!

Discuss Pro Hockey, Canadian Teams in particular

Moderator: Referees

Gill The Thrill
Superstar

BOYCOTT CDN neutral site pre-season games!!!

Post by Gill The Thrill » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:57 am

It's time to send a real message to the NHL that Canadian hockey fans can't be soothed by throwing them crumbs of exhibition games so that they'll just shut up, spend the money (which would not be done for these pre-season games in the states) and watch your pre-season game, only to go home, buy Centre Ice and watch teams from the deep south play in front of empty arenas all season. THIS IS ABSURD! :smackhead:

Boycott these damn meaningless games in London, Halifax, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Regina. I know Terrace won Hockeyville, so that's a free game that won't be ticketed, but the others are a cash grab to pretend that the league really cares. In reality, Canadians should tell Bettman and the other BOG to stick those games up their ass, and play them in Phoenix, or any other southern hotbed of hockey. If they have NHL teams based in those cities, then they should be able to support their own pre-season games, if the league cherishes these markets so much.

To people in London and Southwestern Ontario, don't get fooled into paying those ridiculous prices to watch Leafs and Raptors pre-season games at the JLC. $90 for a pre-season games, sell that to those wondrous fans in Phoenix, Atlanta or Florida.

The league was never more popular in the US, than when the league was made up of a third of teams coming from Canada. 2 out of 6 teams in the original six, and 7 out of 21 teams in the eighties. The 70's was a tumultous decade for franchise bankrupties and transfers because they also tried to develop in the south and and the results were the same as they are now. (An abysmal failure, Carolina and Tampa had Stanley Cup celebrations in their arena parking lot because their city halls did not care) If the league has 30 teams, 10 should be in Canada.
Winnipeg and Quebec should be back in, and could be because the Canadian dollar is competitive, while Southern Ontario should have Hamilton and a 2nd Toronto team to give starving knowledgeable and educated hockey fans in the GTA a team to cheer for.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Re: BOYCOTT CDN neutral site pre-season games!!!

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:55 am

I wonder what other NHL fans in those cities share your opinion.

I hope the boycott whet well.
GO BOMBERS AND WINNIPEG JETS!!!
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Gill The Thrill
Superstar

Post by Gill The Thrill » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:49 am

Kanga-Kucha wrote:I wonder what other NHL fans in those cities share your opinion.

Are you an NHL owner? I guess your proud that the quote "there's a sucker born every minute," is true, because that's what the people who supported these games were, suckers, for overpaying to watch guys trying out for an NHL team.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:18 pm

Gill The Thrill wrote:
Kanga-Kucha wrote:I wonder what other NHL fans in those cities share your opinion.

Are you an NHL owner? I guess your proud that the quote "there's a sucker born every minute," is true, because that's what the people who supported these games were, suckers, for overpaying to watch guys trying out for an NHL team.
they still are a way to show the league we are still interested in a NHL team, even though Mr. Butthead isn't in giving Winnipeg or Quebec City one anytime soon.
GO BOMBERS AND WINNIPEG JETS!!!
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?