Luongo???

Discuss Pro Hockey, Canadian Teams in particular

Moderator: Referees

Starter
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Re: Luongo???

Postby Pakalolo » Tue May 07, 2013 3:25 pm

Yea, you're probably right. About being out to lunch. I don't really follow stats. Most of the times I've seen Luongo has been so-so, from a spectator point of view. Why is Vancouver trying to get rid of him again?
Hope he has a great game. Even if he does, they still need more goals.
Go Canucks.
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...

2014 MVP

Postby D » Wed May 08, 2013 9:18 am

well he sure looked better in his 2 playoff starts than schnieder did in his 2 starts.

If Lou is un tradeable due to his contract I would trade schnieder but Gillis has shown his hand so who knows what they are going to due
the goalie situation needs to be sorted out and a few other changes need to be made

yes they needed more goals but they also needed a fair shake from the refs. The games I have watched in these playoffs the reffing has been terrible and that is not just the Canuck games
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Starter

Postby Pakalolo » Wed May 08, 2013 7:35 pm

If Luongo is great...trade Corey.
Get more goal scorers. Get rid of the Sedins.
Please keep the coach.
Get rid of the player agent/ GM...who got ripped off by a guy named Eagleson.
Get rid of the Sedins.

But...RE Luongo???? keep him!!! But management has to stand behind him...SO...Get rid of Corey.
Strange management.

2014 MVP

Postby D » Wed May 08, 2013 10:02 pm

right or wrong ..... the coach will go before the GM
if it was me I would trade schnieder .... you can get more for him
I can't see getting any value for the sedins except maybe at next years trade deadline ... not sure why these guys don't get more respect outside of Van City ... they have both won scoring championships and believe me when I say I never thought they would be as good as they became

In order for the canucks to get a fair shake from the refs I think they have to get rid of the guys who are known for embellishment and they are both great players ... Kesler and Burrows ... both could and should bring some pretty good players in return

Seriously the Canucks are not a tough physical team yet San Jose got 25 PP opportunities to the Canucks 10 in this series .... it was the same story last year and the same in the series vs Boston in 2011

In Garry Buttmans NHL i'm not sure a CDN team will ever win the cup again .... it's just not good for the US market :?
I own The Grey Cup! .com

2014 MVP

Postby D » Thu May 09, 2013 1:23 pm

canucks-swept.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Starter

Postby Pakalolo » Thu May 09, 2013 5:08 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/sto ... esser.html
Canucks GM Mike Gillis expects significant changes
'Unlikely' Luongo returns next season
Vancouver Canucks general manager Mike Gillis says it's time to reset the organization.
He held a season-ending media availability Thursday after the Canucks were swept by the San Jose Sharks in their Western Conference quarter-final.
Gillis says he plans to review every element of the organization, including the performance of head coach Alain Vigneault, before any decisions are made.
Gillis also says it's unlikely that veteran goaltender Roberto Luongo will be with the team next fall.
Luongo, who has nine years remaining on a 12-year deal worth $64 million US, spent most of the season as a backup to Cory Schneider. Luongo asked for a trade last year but the Canucks have been unable to move him.
Schneider confirmed he was bothered by a groin injury, which caused him to miss the first two games against San Jose. He struggled at times when back in the net for the final two contests.
Vancouver earned 59 points in the regular season to take the Northwest Division title but lost four straight games against the Sharks.

Ok. So i'm finally on your side about Luongo...and Gillis wants him OUT? Who gave who the contract.
I saw Corey in net. Without looking at stats, he wasn't that impressive.
I'm all for revamping, but you have to have a GM capable of doing so. Sorry, I'm not too keen on this former Player Agent.
Keep the coach1 Get rid of the GM.
OK...I should have called myself "Out To Lunch". :beer:
CFL is so much easier to deal with as a fan.

2014 MVP

Postby D » Thu May 09, 2013 11:40 pm

yeah Schnieder is better than he showed but is he better than Lou? it's pretty close but time will tell

Coach V will go, Booth and Ballard will be bought out or traded

PS
This looks like an illegal stick to me :wink:
illegal-stick.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Starter

Postby Pakalolo » Fri May 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Luongo can stay in Vancouver. Great job by Reimer. BUT....
The Leafs are at it again. They're going to shell shock their goalie The poor guy will get PTSD.
The freakin' offence disappeared in the 3rd. And the defence should have been charged the price of a ticket for just standing around watching.44 shots on net!!!!
Toronto doesn't need Luongo. They definitely need a defence. And maybe a coach who can motivate when it counts.
Coach V won't be unemployed for luongo....lol

Previous

Return to Hockey